(1) Pokemon ‘X’ and ‘Y’ Website Updates with English Localizations, Game Screenshots [5/14]

5.jpg

Anybody notice this in the top right? It looks like the heroine, but she doesn't have a hat and the hair is different (isn't covering the shoulders).

Also, check out the Characters section on the X & Y website, if you haven't. It says "At certain points you'll be able to get new outfits and accessories for your Trainer!"
http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/characters/

I don't know if anyone else felt like the 3 different skin tones/eye and hair colors were the only options, like I did, but this is really awesome and reassuring. It no longer seems like very limited character customization. Definitely looking forward to this!

ECHOxLegend said:
I personally liked the new rivals, a rival isn't just a jerk trying to beat you to something, a rival is someone you share a bond with and compete to better each other.
Having said that Gary was fine, but Silver and Paul really grind my Klinklangs

Sorry, I liked your post mainly because you said "grind my Klinklangs"

Lol anyway, that does definitely look like a relation to Gogoat to me. I considered gender difference, but then I guess it does look smaller. I wonder if there will be a gender difference anyway, though? Female goats don't generally have big show-offy horns, but then again, it wouldnt be the first time Pokemon has ignored that concept, either.

Playerking95 said:
Pokèbass said:
I think it's the pre-evo, too.
4heb10.jpg

Thanks for the zoomed in image. :D

Those definitely looks like ears on the head to me.

There are certainly two pre-evo pokemon here. Nuzzling heads. Too small to be an actual Gogoat and they resemble Gogoat too much to be a plant..or anything else for that matter.

UNLESS, they are like miniature Gogoat rides for kids outside of the store. That is a possibility as well, since the legs look a bit strange.

It looks like there will be fixed camera angles again like in Black and White. Although I didnt mind them, I hope you can move the camera around a little more.

Trainerhan1 said:
It's Pidgey. Huge Pic.
brrs3jX.jpg

THATS IT!

Ok cool. But wait...that means Fletchling is 3 stages again.. why the need for 2 of those in the same region? And especially when we had Pidgey clones in gen 5 and 4 just recently. Was hoping its a Spearow/Taillow clone D:

Zielo said:
ECHOxLegend said:
I personally liked the new rivals, a rival isn't just a jerk trying to beat you to something, a rival is someone you share a bond with and compete to better each other.
Having said that Gary was fine, but Silver and Paul really grind my Klinklangs

Sorry, I liked your post mainly because you said "grind my Klinklangs"

Lol anyway, that does definitely look like a relation to Gogoat to me. I considered gender difference, but then I guess it does look smaller. I wonder if there will be a gender difference anyway, though? Female goats don't generally have big show-offy horns, but then again, it wouldnt be the first time Pokemon has ignored that concept, either.

That's why I liked it lol

Lumiose City confirmed to not be the starting town...I'd imagine same place the city was in B/W in terms of game progression. Notice the pokéball sign with a great ball / ultra ball!

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2013/05/Lumiose-City-scene-illustration.jpg

Possible Easter Egg on the XY website: http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/story/

Scroll down to the section on Lumiose City, have a look at the image on the left.

Who do those two characters walking away from the camera look like to you? ;)

If you guys looks left of the map you actualy see that a city or a place is build which reffers so the Stonehenge! Thats is freaking cool!!!

godzilla41 said:
If you guys looks left of the map you actualy see that a city or a place is build which reffers so the Stonehenge! Thats is freaking cool!!!

Stonehenge is on Great Britain's mainland near the city Wiltshire, England. So I highly doubt the stone area to the left is based on Stonehenge since the Kalos region is based on France.

Look up Carnac Stones!!!

Alix Rooker said:
RangerX said:
Possible Grass Gym ?
Gym.jpg

My thoughts are possible Fairy type Gym. Unless the insignia is just the new look of Gyms.

The transforming gym looks pretty like the illusion Sylveon created in the trailer of the mini-movie. So it would be the fairy type gym (Though the fairy type itself is not confirmed yet).

Bubba235 said:
Playerking95 said:
Thanks for the zoomed in image. :D

Those definitely looks like ears on the head to me.

There are certainly two pre-evo pokemon here. Nuzzling heads. Too small to be an actual Gogoat and they resemble Gogoat too much to be a plant..or anything else for that matter.

UNLESS, they are like miniature Gogoat rides for kids outside of the store. That is a possibility as well, since the legs look a bit strange.

Kiddie ride? Creative thinking.
Or maybe just a doll. It doesn't differ a lot from Gogoat. But I hope it's a pre-evolution as the two look really cute.
So will there be other pokemon walking around in the city? Unlikely to me...

Rusty Sticks said:
In-game Pokedex!

icPHzjc.png

z2B7Auq.jpg

Only 11 pokemon are spotted when you reach Lumiose City?
So you start from the northmost town?

unsheathed said:
Does anyone else think icon sprites now look more ... different?

2r29mdc.png
2ynhrtj.png
2vm7wuv.png

I have compared the Zigzagoon from the Pokédex with the old Zigzagoon icon, they are different. We will probably see updated icons in the new games.

Sentret_C said:
Rusty Sticks said:
In-game Pokedex!

icPHzjc.png

z2B7Auq.jpg

Only 11 pokemon are spotted when you reach Lumiose City?
So you start from the northmost town?

Where does it say the character reached Lumiose City? I think it is already ''pretty much'' confirmed you start in the red building in the town all the way at the bottom. It looks like a mansion, but I reckon they are terraced houses. You go up route 1, through the building/gate/bridge, to route 2 (the woods), where it is ''pretty much'' confirmed you battle your first battle against a trainer. It is confirmed that route 3 is the route above the forest.

Just read through all the topics and i think it is time for my opinion now:

The speculated bird pokemon on the zoomed pic reminds me of Spearow rather than Pidgey (Color scheme matches more).

The 2 unidentified pokemon in Luminose do resemble GoGoat, though my initial thought on the rightmost one is that it may be a Purrloin?? ( Note the shape of the head).

Disneyland parody --> NICE. Maybe we will see another themepark like in BW/2?
Love the 3D free environement. THIS is what we needed years ago! (Especially since Nintendo Wii proved it possible).

Going to recheck everything and maybe i'll find some more stuff.

Anyone else notice that the battles now more closely resemble the 2D games than before? I'm referring to the camera angle, you not look at the battle from the same behind, slightly angled view as the previous games.

the site has 3 ??? on the top
what could there be?
im guessing: Gym leaders,cities and maybe trainers or evil team?

i edit the region to what i guess it is
33kuf74.png

One thing I'm worried about is the fact that a lot of the shots are of you running towards the camera... You can't see where you're going!? Hopefully that is just for the trailers and the camera has been positioned that way on purpose.

Super4Ever said:
I think the big building you circled as a city might be a battle tower.

No, it's Lumiose City.
"The central city of this breathtaking region is Lumiose City, a metropolis featuring a tower that is set to become an iconic structure in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y."

Back