(1) Pokemon ‘X’ and ‘Y’ Website Updates with English Localizations, Game Screenshots [5/14]

mastermagpie said:
One thing I'm worried about is the fact that a lot of the shots are of you running towards the camera... You can't see where you're going!? Hopefully that is just for the trailers and the camera has been positioned that way on purpose.

lul

I'm sure they're not going "forward" there, and there obviously has to be some way of changing camera direction.

I mean...surely we are not gonna walk towards the screen when you go south through route 3 simply because the camera is oriented towards the city ahead in the trailer lol

m7mad133 said:
the site has 3 ??? on the top
what could there be?
im guessing: Gym leaders,cities and maybe trainers or evil team?

If you look at the source code of the page, you can see that those ???'d-out tabs are "whats_new", "primary_feature", and "strategy". You can even sort of go to the pages if you go to their addresses manually but there's nothing on them yet. The respective tab highlights though. Neat??
http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/whats_new/
http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/primary_feature/
http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/strategy/
"What's new" and "strategy" are self-explanatory but what is "primary feature" supposed to mean?

Mitja said:
mastermagpie said:
One thing I'm worried about is the fact that a lot of the shots are of you running towards the camera... You can't see where you're going!? Hopefully that is just for the trailers and the camera has been positioned that way on purpose.

lul

I'm sure they're not going "forward" there, and there obviously has to be some way of changing camera direction.

I mean...surely we are not gonna walk towards the screen when you go south through route 3 simply because the camera is oriented towards the city ahead in the trailer lol

They did that a lot in Black and White and their sequels... I mean, it looked good at the time, but if they're doing 3D they may as well do a proper camera that re-orientates itself.

Although, saying that, it does that at one point in the trailer... Who knows?

frezgle said:
m7mad133 said:
what could there be?

If you look at the source code of the page, you can see that those ???'d-out tabs are "whats_new", "primary_feature", and "strategy". You can even sort of go to the pages if you go to their addresses manually but there's nothing on them yet. The respective tab highlights though. Neat??
http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/whats_new/
http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/primary_feature/
http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/strategy/
"What's new" and "strategy" are self-explanatory but what is "primary feature" supposed to mean?

Primary features might be referring to Street Pass and Spot Pass functionality. With how many people play Pokemon, GF would be fools not include those features.

may_p4_2.jpg

Look in the background to the left of the lamp post, Gogoat prevo basically confirmed. I don't take credit for this of course found on the Tumblrverse but I thought people should know...

That picture has been making the rounds on various discussions, including this one I believe.

I for one, prefer GoGoat as a basic.

Fraxureking said:
Super4Ever said:
I think the big building you circled as a city might be a battle tower.

No, it's Lumiose City.
"The central city of this breathtaking region is Lumiose City, a metropolis featuring a tower that is set to become an iconic structure in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y."

That would be the city in the center of the region. I'm speaking of the tower to the west.

m7mad133 said:
what could there be?

i edit the region to what i guess it is
[image]

Your ''castle from the trailer?'' is probably the starting town (terraced houses?), and route 1. We know that you encounter your first battle in a forest, which would be around route 2, above the large blue building/bridge. And we have seen that route 3 is the route leading up to the next city, the city with the roselia fountain. I will give you some pictures, compare it with the Kalos map, and I think it will make sense:

Starting town (could be terraced houses, same flower patches as seen on the Kalos map):
24.jpg

Route 1 (leading up to the castle/bridge seen in the first trailer, the player is running back to the starting town):
44.jpg

Route 2 (includes forest, and your first battle, notice the entrance to the forest in the first picture):
4.jpg

5.jpg

Route 3 (notice the city in the background and the shape of the route, it bends of towards the left):
route.jpg

And the fountain city:
23.jpg

I'm still not convinced about the baby Gogoat. Maybe if we see that spot again from a slightly different angle it'll be clearer. But I suspect it might just be people looking too hard for something that hasn't been analyzed to death already.

DorianBlack said:
I'm still not convinced about the baby Gogoat. Maybe if we see that spot again from a slightly different angle it'll be clearer. But I suspect it might just be people looking too hard for something that hasn't been analyzed to death already.

Actually it's confirmed that the goat you see is a fail attempt of ditto transforming into a female form of Gogoat.

Another cool thing I've just noticed, the playable characters blink. I don't know why, but that has got me overly excited! :D

jstar21 said:
godzilla41 said:
If you guys looks left of the map you actualy see that a city or a place is build which reffers so the Stonehenge! Thats is freaking cool!!!

Stonehenge is on Great Britain's mainland near the city Wiltshire, England. So I highly doubt the stone area to the left is based on Stonehenge since the Kalos region is based on France.

Look up Carnac Stones!!!

You might actually be right about this. One portion definitely looks like the CARNAC STONES, the other portion dose look like the Stonehenge - or not (since i don't know much about CARNAC stones).

BTW did you also realize that Lumoise city has a ROME type feature to the city (how it's makes a circle).

Regardless of WTV city they might have chose, the graphics and the gameplay kinda was mind blowing for a pokemon game!

Nah, Rome isn't any more circular than Paris is. I think Lumiose is round for the same reason that Castelia was half-round - a square layout with lots of cross streets would be difficult to try to display in the fixed-grid, fixed-camera system Pokémon uses. Plus, an outer ring with a bucn of radial streets and a central plaza creates a lot of discrete, easy-to-separate areas that a grid system doesn't, and that helps prevent graphical slowdown.

DorianBlack said:

Seeing that two Pokèmon, I can't think of any other Pokèmon except Gogoat. Gogoat can be rided, so it have to be at least high as the trainer. The two Pokèmon behind him don't satisfy this requirement. If we consider also the error given by the perspective, they definitely can't be.

Anyway someone posted about the link between the new region and the old: this would be great. I thought about it, but i'm happy to know that the mountain to est give this feeling to other people, too.

For everyone out here to prove the route speculation. The 5 on this screenshot indicates going to Route 5 ;) And yes for people who had a hard time figuring out why the player is walking towards the camera, is because he's walking back.. xD

http://imgur.com/4adyqHd

And another thing.. In this picture you can see a lot of things.

http://pokebeach.com/news/0513/xy/lumiose-city.jpg

1. Look to the left of the picture and it shows us that Gogoat is actually a sort of bus service. Sorry to break it to you guys.. I think Gogoat will be the only visible mounted pokemon.

2. The vanillite car. If you look at the design from the car, it closely resembles vanillite. http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/vanillite.jpg Perhaps an ice cream van? Or a chilly Cab ;P Or just Pokemon themed cars like the real life Pikachu car ;P

3. Pokemon Center in the back.. Obvious ;P

4. Cafe's and Bistros. They perhaps replace the Shops now? If you look at the sign just outside the cafe, you can see a great and ultra ball. Who knows..

5. The woman with camera may suggest having tourist class trainers ;) it makes me even believe that battles in town could be possible. Look at the old lady. Also wearing a Pokeball on her purse.

Also! http://imgur.com/PV4qU5w Looks like a Police center to me! And the vanillite car ;P And twins xP

Just saying 8) Love this game already!

Pokequaza said:
Where does it say the character reached Lumiose City? I think it is already ''pretty much'' confirmed you start in the red building in the town all the way at the bottom. It looks like a mansion, but I reckon they are terraced houses. You go up route 1, through the building/gate/bridge, to route 2 (the woods), where it is ''pretty much'' confirmed you battle your first battle against a trainer. It is confirmed that route 3 is the route above the forest.

Seems that you're right.
Starting from a mansion really is quite different from previous versions but I don't think "terraced houses" would look like this.
You finally passed through the forest only to find more trainers waiting on Route 3...But yeah that's "pretty much confirmed".
And you'll challenge the bug gym in the "fountain city" (where you've spotted 11 pokemon I guess - this time).
Looks like the castle is from a fairy tale - the fairy gym is located here?
Can't figure out where the pokemon league is.
So many rivers in Kalos. No waterfall?

I dont know if anyone's ever brought this up, but at the beginning of the gameplay trailer before Gogoat starts to walk, do you think that's Gogoat's cry?

Garchompsoup said:
I dont know if anyone's ever brought this up, but at the beginning of the gameplay trailer before Gogoat starts to walk, do you think that's Gogoat's cry?

Possible, afaik no one have metioned this.

Sentret_C said:
Pokequaza said:
Where does it say the character reached Lumiose City? I think it is already ''pretty much'' confirmed you start in the red building in the town all the way at the bottom. It looks like a mansion, but I reckon they are terraced houses. You go up route 1, through the building/gate/bridge, to route 2 (the woods), where it is ''pretty much'' confirmed you battle your first battle against a trainer. It is confirmed that route 3 is the route above the forest.

Seems that you're right.
Starting from a mansion really is quite different from previous versions but I don't think "terraced houses" would look like this.
You finally passed through the forest only to find more trainers waiting on Route 3...But yeah that's "pretty much confirmed".
And you'll challenge the bug gym in the "fountain city" (where you've spotted 11 pokemon I guess - this time).
Looks like the castle is from a fairy tale - the fairy gym is located here?
Can't figure out where the pokemon league is.
So many rivers in Kalos. No waterfall?

Screenshots have proved that it is not one large structure, more like two buildings. Terraced houses are very common in Europe, we will be seeing them a lot in Kalos, I would only make sense if you were to start in one too.

Back