(1) Ninfia's English Name: Sylveon [2/14]

Mitja said:
And Lugia looks perfectly fine for Psy/Flying o_o

Lol, Don't tell me you're fine with Lugia being a Psychic/Flying when it should obviously be Water/Flying... Like God of the sea? I think they forgot about the "sea" part when deciding its type.

Metalizard said:
Mitja said:

Lol, Don't tell me you're fine with Lugia being a Psychic/Flying when it should obviously be Water/Flying... Like God of the sea? I think they forgot about the "sea" part when deciding its type.

It seems to live most of its time in the sea, but that doesn't mean it has to be Water type, otherwise all forest pokemon should be Grass etc;
-Being Water =/= being aquatic

Btw, where does it say that its the god of the sea??

Until that post I've never even thought of Lugia being a Water type...but that might be because I've known it as a Psychic poke from the beginning lol.

Honestly, I think it would make much more sense to argue for Groudon being a Fire type (which I wouldn't)

Mitja said:
Metalizard said:

It seems to live most of its time in the sea, but that doesn't mean it has to be Water type, otherwise all forest pokemon should be Grass etc;

Until that post I've never even thought of Lugia being a Water type...but that might be because I've known it as a Psychic poke from the beginning lol.

Haven't you watched Pokemon The Movie 2000?

http://leviathyn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/pokemon_xy_pokedex.png
More rumors, this one came of the 'gym.There basicly not true but meh.

Seriously, if you believe ANY rumors about games, you should go see a doctor.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Mitja said:
That would be a mess.. The current types look proper and justified right now to me e_e
If they added types they'd change whats necessary accordingly, not hand them out randomly, this ain't the TCG.

What other type would you have in mind for Lucario? Psychic?

Actually, yes. Psychic was exactly what I had in mind for Lucario. Lucario looks Fighting/Psychic as opposed to Fighting/Steel because of the whole calm meditation thing. I dunno, anything besides steel seems more fitting to me.
And yeah, Lugia looks way more like Water/Flying or at least Water/Psychic as opposed to Flying/Psychic. I get the whole "environment doesn't influence a Pokemons type" thing, but still. He can even use some water moves like Hydro Pump I think. I grew up with the 2000 movie, and yes, Lugia is said to be God of the Sea (or if its not God, it was definitely something with the sea.) Its so misleading.
Dunsparce is another misleader, as it lives in caves and digs underground with a drill tail, yet its just normal type. Im hoping for a normal/ground evolution eventually maybe.
Groudon was another big one I didn't think to mention... I understand why they made it ground typing though, and it does still sort of make sense because gen 3 was all about the battle between the living space of the land and the sea, and there is lava within the land and in the see there is pretty much only water... and it would have been unfair to make only Groudon a dual type... But now as I'm thinking, then they really could have made Kyogre Ice as well. ~_~
Pokemon, Y U SO MISLEADING.

I think the Pokemon whose type ticked me off the most though was friggen Gligar/Gliscor. I mean come on... its not even environmental based.. they just both scream POISON. Immunity and Poison Heal? They have stingers with poison sacks and they're based on scorpion bats... Grraaaaahhh.
(Granted, Im just being nit-picky, Im glad they weren't made poison. It would ruin the competitive Gliscor that I love so much.)

Also, I highly doubt they would intentionally make a demonic looking Pokemon #666 as funny as it would be. There would be so many lawsuits and parents telling their children they could no longer watch Pokemon. XD

Sorry for the off-topicness. We can really only talk Sylveon to death so much though, were on the 21's page after all. o-o

Re: RE: (1) Ninfia's English Name: Sylveon [2/14]

Zielo said:
Mitja said:
That would be a mess.. The current types look proper and justified right now to me e_e
If they added types they'd change whats necessary accordingly, not hand them out randomly, this ain't the TCG.

What other type would you have in mind for Lucario? Psychic?

Actually, yes. Psychic was exactly what I had in mind for Lucario. Lucario looks Fighting/Psychic as opposed to Fighting/Steel because of the whole calm meditation thing. I dunno, anything besides steel seems more fitting to me.
And yeah, Lugia looks way more like Water/Flying or at least Water/Psychic as opposed to Flying/Psychic. I get the whole "environment doesn't influence a Pokemons type" thing, but still. He can even use some water moves like Hydro Pump I think. I grew up with the 2000 movie, and yes, Lugia is said to be God of the Sea (or if its not God, it was definitely something with the sea.) Its so misleading.
Dunsparce is another misleader, as it lives in caves and digs underground with a drill tail, yet its just normal type. Im hoping for a normal/ground evolution eventually maybe.
Groudon was another big one I didn't think to mention... I understand why they made it ground typing though, and it does still sort of make sense because gen 3 was all about the battle between the living space of the land and the sea, and there is lava within the land and in the see there is pretty much only water... and it would have been unfair to make only Groudon a dual type... But now as I'm thinking, then they really could have made Kyogre Ice as well. ~_~
Pokemon, Y U SO MISLEADING.

I think the Pokemon whose type ticked me off the most though was friggen Gligar/Gliscor. I mean come on... its not even environmental based.. they just both scream POISON. Immunity and Poison Heal? They have stingers with poison sacks and they're based on scorpion bats... Grraaaaahhh.
(Granted, Im just being nit-picky, Im glad they weren't made poison. It would ruin the competitive Gliscor that I love so much.)

Also, I highly doubt they would intentionally make a demonic looking Pokemon #666 as funny as it would be. There would be so many lawsuits and parents telling their children they could no longer watch Pokemon. XD

Sorry for the off-topicness. We can really only talk Sylveon to death so much though, were on the 21's page after all. o-o

Dunsparce will never evolve. He knows too much, Arceus sayeth.

Haven't you read your copy of the Gospel of Arceus? It's in Pallet, page 3.

Pokepower22 said:
http://leviathyn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/pokemon_xy_pokedex.png
More rumors, this one came of the 'gym.There basicly not true but meh.

Houndoom into Houndoomed... thats so uncreative lol. Not that I believe any of this but this list will be auto debunked as soon as Sylveons type is released, because according to this it's Normal. Also, Heracross and Pinsir really don't need preforms. (And I hope to God Froakies final evolutions name won't be Bubbaboom xD)

Mitja said:

In addition to it living at the very bottom of the Whirl Islands (in a deep-sea trench) and such, it also has the ability to generate whirlpools. On top of that, it's able to breathe and keep living underwater even at deep-sea temperatures, so Water-type for Lugia does make sense in that regard.

/me goes back to lurking

Alakazam and Giratina (O) combination for #666.

#650 Chespin
Evo
Evo
Fennekin
Evo
Evo
Froakie
Evo
Evo
660 Rodent
Rodent evo
Bird
Bird evo
Bird evo evo
#666 Bug?

Mitja said:
Metalizard said:

Honestly, I think it would make much more sense to argue for Groudon being a Fire type (which I wouldn't)

I was wrong, it's not god, it's guardian. It's stated on its Silver dex entry. But haven't you seen the 2nd movie?
Besides what DNA said of it living in the whirl islands and being able to create whirpools, there are other things that indicate a more Water-type nature than Psychic.
Like I said, it is called the guardian of the seas. It is classified as the Diving Pokémon.
If you analyse its moveset, you can see that it is currently the only non-Water-type Pokémon that can learn Hydro Pump by level up (other than Castform, which only got it recently in Gen V and can temporarily be a Water-type). Also, it learns Rain Dance and Hydro Pump at the same level Ho-oh (its polar opposite) learns Sunny Day and Fire Blast (which is STAB for Ho-oh). The only Psychic-type moves it learns by level up are Extrasensory, Future Sight and Calm Mind. Curiously, Ho-oh also learns those 3 moves by level up at the same levels. Going by that, Ho-oh could have been Psychic-type too. Lugia can also learn other Water-type moves via TMs and Move Tutors including all 3 Water HMs (including both Dive in Gen V and Whirlpool in HGSS).
Also, as you probably know, in the HGSS era of the TCG, Lugia cards were Water-type. It's like they recognize their own mistake...
Finally, it is mainly based on the Ryujin, a marine dragon considered the Shinto God of the sea.

I've also known Lugia as a Psychic-type pokémon since the beginning but you cannot deny that it would make much more sense if it was Water/Flying after all this information.

And since you mention Groudon, I happen to think it would make more sense if it was Ground/Fire (even if that's a bad type combination)...

Metalizard said:
Mitja said:

I was wrong, it's not god, it's guardian. It's stated on its Silver dex entry. But haven't you seen the 2nd movie?
Besides what DNA said of it living in the whirl islands and being able to create whirpools, there are other things that indicate a more Water-type nature than Psychic.
Like I said, it is called the guardian of the seas. It is classified as the Diving Pokémon.
If you analyse its moveset, you can see that it is currently the only non-Water-type Pokémon that can learn Hydro Pump by level up (other than Castform, which only got it recently in Gen V and can temporarily be a Water-type). Also, it learns Rain Dance and Hydro Pump at the same level Ho-oh (its polar opposite) learns Sunny Day and Fire Blast (which is STAB for Ho-oh). The only Psychic-type moves it learns by level up are Extrasensory, Future Sight and Calm Mind. Curiously, Ho-oh also learns those 3 moves by level up at the same levels. Going by that, Ho-oh could have been Psychic-type too. Lugia can also learn other Water-type moves via TMs and Move Tutors including all 3 Water HMs (including both Dive in Gen V and Whirlpool in HGSS).
Also, as you probably know, in the HGSS era of the TCG, Lugia cards were Water-type. It's like they recognize their own mistake...
Finally, it is mainly based on the Ryujin, a marine dragon considered the Shinto God of the sea.

I've also known Lugia as a Psychic-type pokémon since the beginning but you cannot deny that it would make much more sense if it was Water/Flying after all this information.

And since you mention Groudon, I happen to think it would make more sense if it was Ground/Fire (even if that's a bad type combination)...

Even TCPI can see lugia as a water type. There has been 4 water type lugia cards (not counting both pieces of Lugia)

Lugia has been Psychic-type in the TCG as well as Water-type occasionally, but most of the time it manifests as Colorless. However, the Crystal Lugia has Water and Psychic as 2 of its 3 possible types, Fire being the third.

Guys, the anime is not cannon and hardly ever has any effect on the game. The game mentions Lugia as the Guardian of the Sea. And if that means Lugia should be Water doesn't that mean stuff like White and Black Kyurem should gain Fire and Electric respectively seeing as they are just fusions of Kyurem and Reshiram/Zekrom.

tPCI doesn't make cards PCL does. tCPI only distributes them to the US and other areas outside of Japan. So they can't be blamed for Lugia being Psy/Flying.

In the end just respect the types.

Syvleon Flying ftw.

DNA said:
Lugia has been Psychic-type in the TCG as well as Water-type occasionally, but most of the time it manifests as Colorless.

Colorless - 7
Psychic - 7
Water - 5

These counts don't including Crystal Lugia. If it we do include it and its extra types, then the count is 8-8-6-1.

Metalizard said:
Mitja said:

The anime and TCG ain't canon - Ive seen the movie too many times though, but I'm sure the HGSS intro has it rise out of the sea in similar manner too since it lives in the whirl island in the games... doesn't mean a thing about its type tho.

Metalizard said:

If living in the sea implies a "Water-type nature"
then what would be an example of "Psychic-type nature"?

It has to live somewhere. You wouldn't argue for it being Ground type if it was found in an underground cave either.

Metalizard said:

Like all mascots learnsets, Lugias is made as a mirror of Ho-ohs learnset.
Which is why Sunny day->Rain Dance and Fire Blast->Hydro Pump.

But again, very similar situation with Kyogre/Groudon.
They have lots of Water-Fire moves, not because of their types, but because the moves are like polar opposites.

We could go look for examples of pokemon learning no moves of their type, or learning more moves of another type or anything you want. Doesn't mean anything. If Lugia learnt 20 Water moves, it would still rather use a Psychic move because that's what it is strong at.

And when you get down to
-Lugia is the guardian of the sea

Ever heard of the lake gaurdians?
Whoop dee doo.

Re: RE: (1) Ninfia's English Name: Sylveon [2/14]

Mitja said:
Metalizard said:

The anime and TCG ain't canon - Ive seen the movie too many times though, but I'm sure the HGSS intro has it rise out of the sea in similar manner too since it lives in the whirl island in the games... doesn't mean a thing about its type tho.

Metalizard said:

If living in the sea implies a "Water-type nature"
then what would be an example of "Psychic-type nature"?

It has to live somewhere. You wouldn't argue for it being Ground type if it was found in an underground cave either.

Metalizard said:

Like all mascots learnsets, Lugias is made as a mirror of Ho-ohs learnset.
Which is why Sunny day->Rain Dance and Fire Blast->Hydro Pump.

But again, very similar situation with Kyogre/Groudon.
They have lots of Water-Fire moves, not because of their types, but because the moves are like polar opposites.

We could go look for examples of pokemon learning no moves of their type, or learning more moves of another type or anything you want. Doesn't mean anything. If Lugia learnt 20 Water moves, it would still rather use a Psychic move because that's what it is strong at.

And when you get down to
-Lugia is the guardian of the sea

Ever heard of the lake gaurdians?
Whoop dee doo.

The lake guardians are cooler. ;)

@Mitja:
.Seriously... Lugia learns Hydro Pump just because it is the polar opposite of Ho-oh's Fire Blast?... Give me a break...
And what about Ho-oh learning the same Psychic-moves as Lugia? Sure, they're polar opposites, but Ho-oh is not a Psychic-type... Is Psychic-type the polar opposite of Fire-type too? hmmm...

.The anime and the TCG are not cannon. So what? It's still Pokémon media. It has to count for something. If we're going to ignore the anime or the TCG just because they're not cannon, I wonder why they keep making movies and cards...

.Lol, the lake guardians... The lake guardians or lake trio, they represent Spirit, with each one representing one aspect of it: Knowledge, Emotion and Willpower. I believe that justifies their Psychic-type.
So, when you ask me, what would be an exemple of a Psychic-type nature? Good question. You tell me, what makes Lugia stand out as a Psychic-type Pokémon? What part of its concept justifies its Psychic-type?
Also want to note you didn't mention anything about what I said regarding the ryujin basis.
Ho-oh is based on a phoenix -> Fire-type
Lugia is based on the ryujin, Shinto god of the sea -> Psychic-type?

Metalizard said:
@Mitja:
.Seriously... Lugia learns Hydro Pump just because it is the polar opposite of Ho-oh's Fire Blast?... Give me a break...
And what about Ho-oh learning the same Psychic-moves as Lugia? Sure, they're polar opposites, but Ho-oh is not a Psychic-type... Is Psychic-type the polar opposite of Fire-type too? hmmm...

Lugia learns less Water moves than Ho-oh learns Fire moves.
If you count TMs and everything, then Lugia learns more Psychic moves than Ho-oh.
But it doesn't even matter.

"We could go look for examples of pokemon learning no moves of their type, or learning more moves of another type or anything you want. Doesn't mean anything. If Lugia learnt 20 Water moves, it would still rather use a Psychic move because that's what it is strong at."

In short, number of moves a pokemon learns is not necessarily related to what type it is.

Metalizard said:
.The anime and the TCG are not cannon. So what? It's still Pokémon media. It has to count for something. If we're going to ignore the anime or the TCG just because they're not cannon, I wonder why they keep making movies and cards...

Because $$$.

(its "canon")

All this stuff is based on the canon, itnroduced/expanded by the main games, but only has to be consistent in on itself.
They can make red Gyarados Fire type if they feel like it.

Metalizard said:
.Lol, the lake guardians... The lake guardians or lake trio, they represent Spirit, with each one representing one aspect of it: Knowledge, Emotion and Willpower. I believe that justifies their Psychic-type.

And they live in a lake, each. Not valid.
Lugia living in Whirl islands. Valid

I don't see the reasoning here.

Metalizard said:
So, when you ask me, what would be an exemple of a Psychic-type nature? Good question. You tell me, what makes Lugia stand out as a Psychic-type Pokémon? What part of its concept justifies its Psychic-type?

Read again, I asked you to give me an example. I cannot point out what's "Psychic-type nature" about Lugia because I have no idea what you mean by that. Not for Lugia (since thats what you're asking me) but in general.

Metalizard said:
Also want to note you didn't mention anything about what I said regarding the ryujin basis.
Ho-oh is based on a phoenix -> Fire-type
Lugia is based on the ryujin, Shinto god of the sea -> Psychic-type?

Rayquaza is based on the Ziz, giant griffin that blocks out the sun with its wings -> Dragon type?

Back