(1) Mewtwo EX from 'Psycho Drive' Revealed! [8/9]

Johto-Master said:
And slim it may be, however, Mewtwo EX is 2 1/2 sets ahead, and its unfair to compare it to a current deck. Reshiram EX could make the new Reshiboar, and it could keep up Prize Exchange with Mewtwo until there's only 3 left. RDL taking 3 prizes in one turn is huge, it could really set you back. But also for all we know, Mewtwo might get his own acceleration. It's one card out of a set that we've seen nothing else of, so going deck vs deck at this point is, frankly, stupid.

I thought you started this by saying RDL would give mewtwo a run for its $? And I merely stated mewtwo would as well albeit alil better. U were the one that said your gym leaders deck would be able to consistently be set up to take down this mewtwo. I never gave a deck example or even said I tested this mewtwo in a deck. All I said is pound for pound, energy for energy, pros for cons I thought this card was better than RDL in a mirror match. I agree that comparing decklists sounds stupid... Especially since I never brought one up.

PAN3KILL3R said:
I thought you started this by saying RDL would give mewtwo a run for its $? And I merely stated mewtwo would as well albeit alil better. U were the one that said your gym leaders deck would be able to consistently be set up to take down this mewtwo. I never gave a deck example or even said I tested this mewtwo in a deck. All I said is pound for pound, energy for energy, pros for cons I thought this card was better than RDL in a mirror match. I agree that comparing decklists sounds stupid... Especially since I never brought one up. I thought you started this by saying RDL would give mewtwo a run for its $? And I merely stated mewtwo would as well albeit alil better. U were the one that said your gym leaders deck would be able to consistently be set up to take down this mewtwo. I never gave a deck example or even said I tested this mewtwo in a deck. All I said is pound for pound, energy for energy, pros for cons I thought this card was better than RDL in a mirror match. I agree that comparing decklists sounds stupid... Especially since I never brought one up.
Ok, I don't know why you said the same post twice but whatever. I SAID RDL would have a field day with this. Meaning, it could OHKO and take 3 prizes. YOU then started saying Mewtwo was more consitent and could set up quicker. A card can't be consistent. A deck can. I really don't want to fight, but you obviosuly don't know what you're talking about. To prove my point, you just said Mewtwo was better than RDL in a mirror match. A mirror match is when you go up against the same deck. You started with the deck talk, saying "likewise mewtwo will as well. I see mewtwo getting set up much faster." A card can not set up unless it's in a deck. And so now that we're on deck talk, Mewtwo can't use Psy Strike until turn 3, the average turn RDL is set up (if not a turn before) sure, Mewtwo will OHKO and take 2, but RDL will OHKO and take 3. That makes his game a whole turn shorter.

To end this pointless argument: Everyone was freaking out about his godly HP, so I stated RDL would have a field day, because the HP doesnt matter and he takes 3 prizes. Half the game in one turn. It doesn't matter whether or not mewtwo will get tools to be the BDIF, I was merely commenting on how RDL would take half the game in one attack.

I misused the term mirrormatch I apologize. Its late and I'm relatively new to using actual terms in posts but strategy wise I still stand by my statement. I've meant mewtwo vs. RDL will in my opinion go in mewtwos favor. One double colorless on mewtwo and two energy on RDL is a one hit knockout (even if there's one energy on RDL its a 2 hit knock out). I was never arguing to begin with. And I also apologize for the double post. My blackberry can be alil wonky sometimes.

PAN3KILL3R said:
I misused the term mirrormatch I apologize. Its late and I'm relatively new to using actual terms in posts but strategy wise I still stand by my statement. I've meant mewtwo vs. RDL will in my opinion go in mewtwos favor. One double colorless on mewtwo and two energy on RDL is a one hit knockout (even if there's one energy on RDL its a 2 hit knock out). I was never arguing to begin with. And I also apologize for the double post. My blackberry can be alil wonky sometimes.
Al right. I like Mewtwo better as a Pokemon anyway. But still, you cannot deny that losing 3 prizes would be a set back. That's all I'm getting at. RDL has bad recovery and can be inconsistent, but 3 prizes is a lot.

Johto-Master said:
Al right. I like Mewtwo better as a Pokemon anyway. But still, you cannot deny that losing 3 prizes would be a set back. That's all I'm getting at. RDL has bad recovery and can be inconsistent, but 3 prizes is a lot.

I cannot deny that. If the terms were in RDL's favor it taking 3 prizes would be a devastating blow to any deck mewtwo would find itself in.

Saviour_Gundam said:
I can't believe I'm saying this...
But I'm thinking a Ruby/Sapphire remake is in the works....

But people have said that since FRLG.

And watch, in 5 years, we'll have a DPPt remake too! :p And in 10 years a BW remake! And in 15 years the sixth gen remake!

Water Pokémon Master said:

And watch, in 5 years, we'll have a DPPt remake too! :p And in 10 years a BW remake! And in 15 years the sixth gen remake!

They're not exactly in 10 year increments, FR/LG were on the 8th anniversary for Japan (and roughly the 6th everywhere else)

So true, WPM. Wise words as usual from you.
I think that whilst evidently being able to attack well and recover the energy easily, Mewtwo is not the end of the world for Pokémon TCG. There are ways to overcome him, especially with the 2-prize-card benefit.
Has it been clarified in translations as to how he's played? Is he a normal basic, or the format of a Level X?
If he's a basic, we don't have much hope. Even a Donphan's Earthquake will take 3 turns to down it. And the dragons will struggle and be unable to donk it. This can be good in some ways, by extending play time.

P0KEVORTEX said:
So true, WPM. Wise words as usual from you.
I think that whilst evidently being able to attack well and recover the energy easily, Mewtwo is not the end of the world for Pokémon TCG. There are ways to overcome him, especially with the 2-prize-card benefit.
Has it been clarified in translations as to how he's played? Is he a normal basic, or the format of a Level X?
If he's a basic, we don't have much hope. Even a Donphan's Earthquake will take 3 turns to down it. And the dragons will struggle and be unable to donk it. This can be good in some ways, by extending play time.

Yea, it has everyday "basic" on the card. But it's not the end of the TCG, just THIS metagame. EX will bring 8 titans to the table in it's first set. It'll be a different game for sure, but not the end.

Water Pokémon Master said:

IT'LL NEVER FRIGGEN END! D:
I'll be happy if they release RSE on the 3DS marketplace as a Virtualware game though. But then we'd need ANOTHER Red/blue remake, since it would be the only game not on the DS

the only problem that I have is that pokemon is making it hard for stage two decks to be any good. I think what we need is a bts reprint or some card that had the same effect as spritomb from AR. As far as Mewtwo goes I think It will be a good card. People over-hyped the dragons when they came out and people quickly find out how to put them in to their place. But like everyone was saying he is weak against himself so there goes a counter there.

Mewtwo finally making up for his terrible Base Set showing, I see.

Makes me wonder if the likes of Wailord and Blissey EX, should they ever be printed, will break the 200 HP mark.

Also don't start flipping tables yet guys. I'm sure many anti-EX cards also come with the set. I seem to remember there being quite a few before, like the Safeguard abilities and whatnot.

I second the idea that a third gen remake is in the works, but not before Pokemon Grey comes out or at least after that. So expect three more games. Yes, 170 HP is a beast for a basic no less but one can find ways. At least it has a weakness. I can think of Darkrai-Cressalia legend to take it down, using itself, Mewtwo LVL X and perhaps Xatu from Unleashed depending the amount of energy Mewtwo has attached...not the end of the world though Wailord EX may have like 250 HP.

Yeah, but Mewtwo LvX is illegal. DCL could work quite nicely, though.
[/obviousness]

You could pair him with ZPS. Because since his first attack only needs cololess you could put him in it. Like with Zekrom you can be doing 120 on turn one. Even though it will be really hard but you can.

I can see Mewtwo's thinking right now.

"They dropped my Lv.X version from decks late in the MD-on Format...well, we'll see how they like me now!"

*Mewtwo pumps some steroids into himself*

170 HP?! GOOD ATTACKS? TWO PRIZE CARD RULE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THE END IS NEARRRR

lol this is hilarious.

Nice to see people noticing that power creep. Welcome back SPs, we missed ya.

dmaster out.

^ yup. Know all we need now is trainers and supports just for these cards and we be back where basic rule the land. Personally I think stage 2 decks are completely dead and depending what other EX basic stage two might be on the way out too. SMH 170 thats insane there is no pokemon besides waliord that has that much HP now

It could be argued Trainers have already arrived. Eviolite/Catcher? Speculation is high, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see results. This set of cards may not even be our first set next year right? It'll be in the first half of next year for sure, which is a long ways off.

dmaster out.

Back