(1) Mewtwo EX from 'Psycho Drive' Revealed! [8/9]

This card and the other ex's will make zoroak evan better. Wow a 170hp basic i thought reshiram had high hp for a basic. And wow mew two hase amazing attacks discard one to do 120 damage thats crazy.

I really hope they don't keep this limited to Legendarys. I really want to see a Porygon Z EX card, or a Jumpluff EX. :D

This should be freaking banned. Stage 2 EXs wouldn't even bust 170 usually, what the heck has TCG come to?

I mean, 170? 170? 170? Really? More HP than Tyrannitar Prime? Really? More HP than all the LEGENDS? REALLY? REEEEAAAAAALLLLYYY??

Well, I suppose that after the dragons, TCG can do whatever they like. I'm seriously considering quitting now.

Personally I feel that perhaps making mewtwo EX so broken is to bring it in line with its status in the game as a real powerhouse, same with zekrom and reshiram in black and white.

People complained SP's were bad, now look at what we have... You should be getting 3 prizes for that kind of Pokemon, not just two.

Yay, another format where basics will rule the format, let alone this can donk with a DCE..

that card is awesome! I can't wait until zekrom, reshiram, and kyurem ex are revealed! I hope they come to the u.s. soon! probably not right after emerging powers but maybe somewhat soon!
come on pokemon! why doesn't u.s. get the new stuff when japan does?
no matter what i want it and the other new EX cards!!!
it is epic!!!!!!!!!:D

@TheDoctor

SP's were still worse. You could PokeTurn to use their abilities over and over, snipe and heal with GCX.

I think Mewtwo EX is getting a little overhyped, but I still think it will be a popular card in this format. (Especially because it can't get Catchered.)

blaZofgold said:
This should be freaking banned. Stage 2 EXs wouldn't even bust 170 usually, what the heck has TCG come to?

I mean, 170? 170? 170? Really? More HP than Tyrannitar Prime? Really? More HP than all the LEGENDS? REALLY? REEEEAAAAAALLLLYYY??

Well, I suppose that after the dragons, TCG can do whatever they like. I'm seriously considering quitting now.

Cut the profanity, please. And no need to be so dramatic, this isn't going to be some sort of game breaking card. It's just the first card of an entire two sets which we don't know anything about card wise. 9/10 there is a counter for a card of high power either within the set, or from a previous set.

I welcome this card because it is usable unlike majority of the legends in HGSS. This is an improvement with respect to playabililty over the previously released legends.

I think this card is great i will not break the format because the minimum out put for a good deck will now have to be 80 damage a turn so that it can always 2ko the mewtwo. Even Cinncino Zoroark can easily keep up with the prize exchange not to mention reshiram or samurott.

EDIT: I really want a jumpluff EX :D

Bwaaaa

EX! EX! EX! ex where the best special cards. I like the artwork, and the attack is fairly decent too.

For those of you who hate caps, (which I'm aware some do here,) I'm only using them because it is caps on the card.

Holy carboard, 170. Someone's been EV training. I don't know if the prize rule balances a 170 HP basic, but there will be more EXs, they'll all probably be this powerful. I want Kyurem EX to be good, Feraligatr needs a Tier 1 partner. I'm betting on 180 HP for Kyurem.

But this thing laughs at Yanmega. With Eviolite, it takes 4 hits to KO, where Mewtwo can blast it with ease.

It may cost 3 energies, but 120 damage discarding 1 energy means you can repeatedly fire off 120 damage attacks, and with 170 HP, not many common Pokemon can OHKO.

This card is dumb and unoriginal. Pokemon has an awful creative team... more damage, more HP, and copying an old game mechanic. This game is getting so boring.

wyoungb said:
This card is dumb and unoriginal. Pokemon has an awful creative team... more damage, more HP, and copying an old game mechanic. This game is getting so boring.

They are bringing back Pokemon ex for a reason! To tell us that there is going to be Ruby and Sapphire remakes! I wonder if we will get more news when the official site updates with this news?!

wyoungb said:

It's a no-win situation for Creatures lab because of this kind of thinking, though. They bring in new mechanics (Legend, Prime/Great): people whine. They bring back an old mechanic with a twist (EX, ex power/Lv.X design): people whine.

Really, what does it take to make people happy? Hate to be the negative nancy and seeming to whine about the whining, but seriously.

Why is everyone complaining about the card? It has amazing artwork! Its just one card, there are going to be other EX cards.

Back