(1) M Venusaur-EX from ‘XY Collections’ Revealed! [11/7]

The artwork looks awesome. Too bad the attack name kinda ruins it IMO.

That HP is RIDICULOUS.

Not sure if Keldeo will see more or less play after this thing is released.
Virizion/Venusaur will now rule the format.

wow 200+ hp, though im sure by the time you play the mega pokemon it be almost out of hp

230 HP
Evolves from a Pokemon-EX
Has a giant-ass attack that auto-paralyzes

...can I go home now?

Edit:
[G][G][G][C] Crisis Vine: 120 damage. The Active Pokemon is now Poisoned and Paralyzed.
*opponent's Active Pokemon

From a faker point of view, its 50/50 for me.

While I love shiny over the top art and such, that rediculous batman text over it just spoils it for me. I still dislike this overuse of BW templates as well, but we won't see new ones now until Gen7 I'd assume (unless Nintendo want to go down the E-Card etc route, again).

I'll wait for larger, clearer images before setting my opinion in stone, but so far not so good.

I know it says 'Crisis Vine' on there, but I thought it was some sort of inventive watermark and not actually part of the card itself.

Now to think that it's actually there, I don't know what to think.

So there will be no mega ring trainer card ?
I must say that the new rule which ends your turn once you mega evolve is fair and sort of creative
only time will tell if stage Pokemon will stay with us as the formats goes

DNA said:
I know it says 'Crisis Vine' on there, but I thought it was some sort of inventive watermark and not actually part of the card itself.

Now to think that it's actually there, I don't know what to think.

Yeah sadly its the attack name splashed all over the art. I'll assume it means only 1 attack per Mega as well, unless a smaller text-name is added somewhere else. (Or as the case might be, LV.X style "use attacks from previous evolution", in this case Venusaur EX).

Just feels meh atm.

Whoa, talk about an HP blunderbuss! I've gotta day though the attack isn't as damaging as I thought it would be, it sort of reminds me of an old Venusaur EX card back in the gen III days. The artwork looks pretty cool, not sure if that comic book text is supposed to be there or not, but I like it. Overall, I think mega evolutions are sort of balanced with their power, but this is just one mega card. Who's to say there won't be mega Pokémon that go even further with HP. I just hope it doesn't get too silly.

Yep, the game's over. Ending the turn instantly is no suitable drawback for this thing. It's a simple stage-1 after all, and what do you get for skipping a turn (correction: skipping 1 single attack. You can still do anything else, after all) and having to give away 2 prizes when it dies? A monster that is VERY easily put on the field, can survive multiple attacks, and allows each Pokemon it faces to launch only 1 single attack. "Yeah, you miss an attack and I get 2 prizes once I deal with this" "Oh yeah? Unless you have THREE Pokemon set up to deal a minimum of 80 damage or still TWO that deal 120 damage (give or take), I get to take every single prize remaining!"

When does anyone ever have that ready all at once? Usually, when 1 Pokemon is ready to deal 120, the others are still setting up. Same with 80 damage, but then 1 other Pokemon can be close enough as well (still leaves the third, in that case). And even if you have everything set up, you still lost twice as many cards and "twice as many turns" (your opponent was free to set up his bench, while you had to sacrifice what you had set up) as your opponent did.

Keeper of Night said:
Not sure if Keldeo will see more or less play after this thing is released.
Virizion/Venusaur will now rule the format.

Preview

I don't think this is going to go down well at all, I don't care for the format, since I don't play. I don't like the writing on the card though.

Paralyze Poison? Not too OP, yet not too shabby. Interesting to see its uses in Virizion variants, but I think it'll only work if you can Mega Evo T1.

DNA said:
230 HP
Evolves from a Pokemon-EX
Has a giant-ass attack that auto-paralyzes

...can I go home now?

Edit:
[G][G][G][C] Crisis Vine: 120 damage. The Active Pokemon is now Poisoned and Paralyzed.
*opponent's Active Pokemon

Inb4 paralyzes itself.

Inb4 paralyzes itself.
I can read the card scan, sir. It definitely does not paralyze itself.

Do you realize the implications of 100% paralysis every turn with no drawback?

DNA said:
Inb4 paralyzes itself.
I can read the card scan, sir. It definitely does not paralyze itself.

Do you realize the implications of 100% paralysis every turn with no drawback?

I was kidding.

And yes I do. But with a hefty cost, and with certain VIRIZION EX, SWITCH, AND ESCAPE ROPE cards floating around, I don't see it being OP like people are exaggerating it to be.

Back