(1) B/W Starter Pokemon Revealed in CoroCoro Scans [5/12]

Solar-Sceptile said:
i don't know if anyone already post it..or if my eyes are just bad, i mean i noticed somethings in the battle screens.. i quickly used paint so..yeah xD

on the first image
1. in the upper left image you see that Raikou charge an attack
and in the other picture that the way he stands is diffrent than the upper one
2. kinda the same as Raikou, the left screenshot of Zoroark shows his normal sprite while in the right image you see his arms more down his body while hes use his abillity
3. The Entei sprites look comepletely diffrent then the one in the other pic, there his sprite is just...diffrent xD
i'm sorry if you guys discussed this already..but i just saw it and i kinda could not find it in other posts..

No, we actually haven't discussed that at all. I'm thinking there's some kind of idle animation (Probably just a 2 frame flip back and forth) for most pokemon. But the Entei.... That one is weird. It's completely different from the first one, so no simple animation will work as a go between. Maybe Zoroark's Illusions have a seperate set of sprites? seems a little much for one event.

Or maybe the animation is much more complicated. Hmmm. Maybe PS will have video footage.

EDIT: Ah, Kaoru. Your eyes are much sharper than mine. ^^; I think she's right, though.

Solar-Sceptile said:
ow ><; ok, sorry then..dint saw it clearly
Lol, it's okay. Considering they told us Zoruark would turn into the pokemon that's out, it's kindof an easy mistake to make^^

May be they just add an extra sprite for the ready to attack pose or something, we don't know until they announce it.

kaorusquee said:
Lol, it's okay. Considering they told us Zoruark would turn into the pokemon that's out, it's kindof an easy mistake to make^^

Well if thats the case, why does it show a Raikou battling an Entei/Zoroark Illusion of Entei? If he turns into the Pokemon that's out, why does it turn into Entei when a Raikou is clearly out. So many mysteries involving Zoroark.

kaorusquee said:
Actually they said it allows it to take the appearance of OTHER pokemon. No mention of it mirroring the active. Maybe it's random, or maybe you can mirror anything in your opponent's party.

doodad126 said:
Well if thats the case, why does it show a Raikou battling an Entei/Zoroark Illusion of Entei? If he turns into the Pokemon that's out, why does it turn into Entei when a Raikou is clearly out. So many mysteries involving Zoroark.
That was my point.

HikaruAyame said:
Actually they said it allows it to take the appearance of OTHER pokemon. No mention of it mirroring the active. Maybe it's random, or maybe you can mirror anything in your opponent's party.
Good point. I didn't think of it that way. I guess that would make it more challenging, if it can change into any pokemon from your party. ^^

I hope they don't make Mijumaru's final evolution ugly beacause that's how they ruined piplup.
Wishlist for Mijumaru's final Evolution:
Still 50% cute.
Not fat and ugly like empoleon
skinny
doesn't look tough but is.

The reason i say this is because my friends and i already promised
I get Mijumaru
Andreas gets Tsutaaja
And Alexander gets Pokabu.

I want Mijumaru's final Evolution to be water ice
Tsutaaja's is grass dragon
Pokabu's is Fire ground

It would be so awesome if the pokemon had different sprites for when attacking,taking a hit, and just standing there....
Personally I think they should make different kinds of sprites for each Pokémon then you can go to the PC or SUMMARY or somewhere and pick which one you like.

Found this on a deviant art account. I think it's cute^^
http://kureculari.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-Black-and-White-163897718

Whyyyyyy does Mijumaru look so much better in fanart than its acual sprite??? Bleh.

I've been hoping for idle animations for quite a while now. (Other than a tiny little bob up and down like Gen 4) If my wish comes true I shall be very, very happy.

What if it is a game based on America? would it include all of the USA or just the west coast since San Fransisco's Golden Gate Bridge is pictured in the pic of Huin City?

Pokemonvacation said:
What if it is a game based on America? would it include all of the USA or just the west coast since San Fransisco's Golden Gate Bridge is pictured in the pic of Huin City?
I doubt it, but it would be a nice idea. Though I really think it is based on Japan.

I doubt it, but it would be a nice idea. Though I really think it is based on Japan.[/QUOTE]
To me it actually looks more like the Brooklyn Bridge, which would fit since Hiun really looks like New York.

Ice Arceus said:
I doubt it, but it would be a nice idea. Though I really think it is based on Japan.
It may still be based in Japan, but that sure looks like the Golden Gate Bridge. But who's to say? Maybe pieces of both countries?

Kurumia said:
on the topic of their evolutions i came across this interesting picture;

10621494_m.jpg

i wouldnt take that exact design as an evolved form for him, but I thought it'd be interesting if he turned into a chinese-dragon kinda Pokemon for his final form. =3

yeah, i was kinda dissapointed to see that the only other info released about them was their abilities and height/weight. lol as if that info wasnt obvious enough.

I hope it doesn't evolve into something like that cause it looks too much like Shenron...

>_> Why does it look like they just re-used Entei's DPPt front sprite...? (I haven't read through the new posts yet, so excuse me if this was asked already.) I hope I'm just seeing things. <_<

Zoroark's front sprite looks awesome, and oh my gosh, those full back sprites for Entei and Raikou are absolutely amazing. Those make me even more anxious to see how they did Arceus's full back sprite. :D

Remember, everything is still beta. R/S and D/P had sprites in CoroCoro that were changed upon the actual releases. So for Entei, it might just be a placeholder if it's the same as the 4th gen games.

Back