(1) ALL ‘Boundaries Crossed’ Scans! [10/20-10/28]

Overall, the set doesn't look too appealing to me. I wish it was though, at least it would warrant me buying a box like I have for all the BW sets. The only playables are frankly just some of the EXes and Blastoise. Maybe Stoutland or Dusknoir, that's about it. A little disappointed, no doubt about that.

RE: (1) 60+ ‘Boundaries Crossed’ Scans! [10/20]

don()shinobi said:
They don't have to do anything. They don't have any "responsability", it's all marketing.

See. That's the problem. You're right, they don't have any responsability, but they should. If it was TPCi who made the 2 cards, I'm not surprised. If it was PCL (at their request or because they will be released later in japan), then I'm disappointed. My point is not the theme decks. My point is: They make non-EX versions debut cards of Black/White Kyurem. The non-EX versions of version of Reshiram/Zekrom/normal Kyurem were good. Why are the non-EX versions of Black/White Kyurem bad? They're not even similar. I'm talking about card making and the concept of the tao trio cards. For example, the first attack should have been Outrage like the others...

That Raticate scan looks a little blurry. I managed to snag a Raticate of my own during the PR; shall I send a scan of it? I can probably get it to you by tonight.

Edit: Just noticed that hilarious Switch card was on the scan list of Boundaries Crossed. I thought some random made it. It's now all the more hilarious.

I am not buying a single pack of this set. Shiny Terrakion and Full Art Skyla don't save this set from the piece of trash it is. Only relatively good thing that came out of this set was the new Keldeo and Rain Dance and Computer Search coming back. There are VERY few cards I want from this set, if ANY. Unless the Theme Decks have Pokemon Catcher and/or Ultra Ball in 'em, I'm not buying either of them either.

It's like they're teasing us with the: oh? you want this? TOO BAD! You can't have it!

3 things that should have happened with this set:

1) Black Kyurem and White Kyurem should have been GOOD! Are they trying to make Black Kyurem look like crap in the card game? White Kyurem's cards are still MILES better.

2) not put a bunch of random crappy promos into a set just to fluff it out

3) NOT F AROUND WITH THE CONTENTS OF THE SET IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Disappointments with Pokemon in the last 3 years:

1) Not getting some of the character Downloads we should have: Movie Hydreigon/Golurk, Thunderus/Tornadus, Mew to celebrate him winning the Power Bracket contest over the summer, and WHERE IS MELOETTA?! WHY DID YOU RELEASE GENESECT WHO COMES AFTER HER IN THE POKEDEX BEFORE HER!!!

2) Roxie's Gym Theme, they could have done WAY better.

3) Dragon Vault and this set. COME ON! Only decent new card we got out of this set is the Hydro Pump Keldeo. Actually a bit better than the EX since you don't lost 2 prizes when it dies.

One thing I noticed about this set after looking at all of the scans is that there's some incomplete evolutions. For example, there's Meowth, Makuhita, and Chinchou BUT where's Persian, Hariyama, and Lanturn?

You get what I'm saying here?

DNA said:
That Raticate scan looks a little blurry. I managed to snag a Raticate of my own during the PR; shall I send a scan of it? I can probably get it to you by tonight.

Edit: Just noticed that hilarious Switch card was on the scan list of Boundaries Crossed. I thought some random made it. It's now all the more hilarious.
Why would you think some random made it and it slipped past me? I made it of course. :p

Did anyone else notice that that Toxicroak is quite good? It's Terrakion for 1 energy. Battle Strength Keldeo will definitely be played in Ponies as well.

Water Pokémon Master said:
DNA said:

Why would you think some random made it and it slipped past me? I made it of course. :p

I read the topic and saw the Switch. I didn't see the PB watermark on it.
Then I looked at the BC scan list on the main site, and it was only then I noticed it.

...What about the Raticate, though, do you still need a clearer scan or did you already get one?

xGallade said:
One thing I noticed about this set after looking at all of the scans is that there's some incomplete evolutions. For example, there's Meowth, Makuhita, and Chinchou BUT where's Persian, Hariyama, and Lanturn?

You get what I'm saying here?

Most of the junk dead end evo cards we get are from theme decks and the such. This set like like the early English BW ones adapt the various Beginning Set sets, which have very basic cards that have no outstanding effects or mechanics so that young kids can get a grasp of the basics; The only fully realized evos often just being the star of the deck.

Unfortunately in adapting them to and using them to pad out the English sets, they lower the chances of getting something even remotely usable as they're now put in the randomized pool of possible cards.

...Just noticed, isn't Whimsicott's Fluffy Tag supposed to say "Defending Pokémon" instead of "Active Pokémon"?

I actually like Toxicroak, though Mewtwo still might be a better Mewtwo counter. Also Whimsicott and Lopunny seem interesting. And Musharna+Munna could be fun in some {P} decks, since Munna's ability seems to stack.

FireMeowth said:
...Just noticed, isn't Whimsicott's Fluffy Tag supposed to say "Defending Pokémon" instead of "Active Pokémon"?
No, it isn't. Go look at PlusPower.

Are all those cards with Ken Sugimori's artworks were made especially for this set? I don't remember them from Japanese sets.
And why did they make a Chinchou card and not Lanturn as well, and they also made a Taillow card without a Swellow.

Back