(1) ALL ‘Boundaries Crossed’ Scans! [10/20-10/28]

To answer both questions, all of those cards are from the Japanese National Beginning Set.

Is this set really that bad? The only incomplete lines are the National Beginning Set thingy, and if we didn't get them, people would still complain. We got:
Vileplume
Celebi EX
Charizard
Squirtle
Blastoise
Keldeo EX
Dusknoir
Toxicroak
Cresselia EX
Munna (ish)
Swoobat
Scolipede troll line
Landorus EX
Scizor (blocks all EXs with a DCE)
Flygon
Black Kyurem EX
White Kyurem EX
Raticate
Ditto (troll card)
Stoutland
Hugh
Skyla
Town Map (I disagree, but lots of people here were hyping it)]
Computer Search
Crystal Edge
Crystal Wall
Gold Potion
Celebi EX FA
Keldeo EX FA
Cresselia EX FA
Landorus EX FA
Black Kyurem EX FA
White Kyurem EX FA
Bianca FA
Cheren FA
Skyla FA
Golurk SR
Terrakion SR
Altaria SR
Rocky Helmet SR

That's a total of 38-40 very playable cards. In a set with 150(ish) cards that's more than a quarter of the set no matter what. Even though most of them are UR, it's still a great set. Also, which set is better, NXD or BC? BC or EPO? Tell me.

Blui129 said:
Is this set really that bad? The only incomplete lines are the National Beginning Set thingy, and if we didn't get them, people would still complain. We got:
Vileplume
Celebi EX
Charizard
Squirtle
Blastoise
Keldeo EX
Dusknoir
Toxicroak
Cresselia EX
Munna (ish)
Swoobat
Scolipede troll line
Landorus EX
Scizor (blocks all EXs with a DCE)
Flygon
Black Kyurem EX
White Kyurem EX
Raticate
Ditto (troll card)
Stoutland
Hugh
Skyla
Town Map (I disagree, but lots of people here were hyping it)]
Computer Search
Crystal Edge
Crystal Wall
Gold Potion
Celebi EX FA
Keldeo EX FA
Cresselia EX FA
Landorus EX FA
Black Kyurem EX FA
White Kyurem EX FA
Bianca FA
Cheren FA
Skyla FA
Golurk SR
Terrakion SR
Altaria SR
Rocky Helmet SR

That's a total of 38-40 very playable cards. In a set with 150(ish) cards that's more than a quarter of the set no matter what. Even though most of them are UR, it's still a great set. Also, which set is better, NXD or BC? BC or EPO? Tell me.

But still no Galvantula. It would have made GalvantulaEels a good deck T.T

Since when have they used damage counters in BW-series? Haven't they just been saying damage?

yeah BC isn't a bad set by any means (I don't agree with all your examples, like Hugh, I tested him and he's not so great)

honestly people are just complaining because we didn't get 2-3 good cards that they've been using. But really ether would just increase the amount of donks in the game while decreasing the amount of eels and I don't think that's the path we want to take.

Blui, can you please tell me any deck that could actually use a Celebi EX for Time Recall? I've been thinking about it on and off for the past couple weeks and I cannot see what it brings to the table. There is no pre-evolution of any Pokemon that has arguably better attacks than its evolutions.

Infinity said:
Flygon, Charizard, and Scolipede BC.
Flygon and Scolipede I'll agree with, but I'm not sure if those decks will become all that competitive. Charizard I disagree, because for RCC you can already do 40 x 2.

DNA said:
Blui, can you please tell me any deck that could actually use a Celebi EX for Time Recall? I've been thinking about it on and off for the past couple weeks and I cannot see what it brings to the table. There is no pre-evolution of any Pokemon that has arguably better attacks than its evolutions.

How about with Aggron?

That way when you evolve lairon you discard cards with Aggrons ability THEN you can use Lairon's attack:

{M}{M}{C} Wreak Havoc
Flip a coin until you get tails. For each heads, discard the top card from your opponnent's deck

But wouldn't you be using Devo Spray right away anyway to go back to Lairon? It kinda defeats the purpose.

Bad bad set...

The set would have been good if they kept Bicycle and Ether and stuff. It wouldn't have been bad exept for the 23 Super Rare's and stuff. That means that the theoretical pull rate of 4 Super Rare's per box will be divided amongst 23 Cards, most of which are useless (Rocky Helmet, Crystal Edge/Wall, ect). And not to mention that there are too many cards in this set. With 153 possible cards to pull, the chances of you getting one of the few usefull ones such as Blastoise go down dramatically as well. This is disapointing...

venasour x said:
Bad bad set...

The set would have been good if they kept Bicycle and Ether and stuff. It wouldn't have been bad exept for the 23 Super Rare's and stuff. That means that the theoretical pull rate of 4 Super Rare's per box will be divided amongst 23 Cards, most of which are useless (Rocky Helmet, Crystal Edge/Wall, ect). And not to mention that there are too many cards in this set. With 153 possible cards to pull, the chances of you getting one of the few usefull ones such as Blastoise go down dramatically as well. This is disapointing...

I heard of people pulling from 5 to 7 super rares from a box (usually 2 ex, 2 FA, 2 Ace spec), and they didn't even pull a shiny.

How come Crystal Wall and Crystal Edge aren't attachable to the regular Black and White Kyurems respectively? Why only the EX versions? They would be so much better and more playable. :(

I find a lot of this artwork very unattractive and ordinary. Most all cards have the same design that varies on what type they are. I'm disappointed with many of these. Why cant they be more creative and give these cards some real character? Like use different mediums to make them unique and desirable. It just seems lazy and i feel stupid opening a package of lazy cards when seeking Ultra Rares & holos.

Back