Finished Mafia XLIX: Fight for the Falls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mariano is acknowledging rather than contesting the idea that NP is an independent, so maybe that's a sign he's not really one himself? Plus it looks like he's testing the waters of getting a wagon on me without committing a vote yet himself. So, ##VOTE: Mariano11887.
In all fairness, anybody who thinks I'm not some type of indie is insane, since A) scum never get vigs, B) I would have outed Drac (and Lorde, but she was gonna be lynched anyway) for no reason, and C) I have shot scum. I'd even say I've been Town MVP despite not being a townie. So that part's not really that strange.
That being said, I think Mariano saying "one of us must be scum" and then suddenly backing off of that idea makes no sense to me.

Apparently there is another mafian alive, and I don't think NP would be them since he vig'd Jabber. (You could argue inno-cred, but in that case, why not just vig a suspicious townie and be one step closer to your wincon? Additionally, NP counterclaiming indie would be a rather unnecessary mafian play if NP is in fact not indie.)

I also don't think Megapod would be mafian, firstly because two scum with reflexive blocks is very weird, and it would be even weirder if both Jabber and Megapod decided to claim reflexive blocks even though that would obviously arouse suspicions.

Rainy's role has been soft-confirmed by Megapod's role, so I don't think he's mafian. You could argue that rainy's claim is a safeclaim, but that both discounts the lack of a disclaimer typical in our meta (i.e. <ROLE>, or the player with that safe-claim,) and the fact that Jabber was the main person (I believe) who was arguing that rainy is not clear (mafians would happily have a team member incorrectly confirmed town, especially in this game, where things were already looking bleak).

@NinjaPenguin Have you fully roleclaimed yet?

Another point for NP being non-mafian is because one of the mafians had a "can't be killed during the Night" Ability, which indicates that the vig (that is, NP) was not aligned with them.

Robin could easily be a godfather mafian that either a) can't be lynched until all their scumbuddies are lynched or b) is lying about being lynchproof.

So basically there's four possible mafians, arrange from best lynch order (in my own opinion):
Mariano
Robin
Rainy
Megapod

My laptop died, I won't have a keyboard until monday. But I'll say this, remember when PMJ was killed. I was on the confo town list and it was literally stated by the host that the list could be trusted. Jade would have no reason to state that if the opposite was true. Also in general my reads have been correct and I've been a huge pain for the scum team.

I'll quote some posts when I have my laptop back. Feel free to read my posts back in the meantime. Btw take roles into consideration, logically, if anyone was a godfather it would be the main villian Bill Cypher not one of his minions. Also 4 scum members with a godfather, 2 indies and only 8 town? The game would be incredibly inbalanced in favor of the scum team after all. I'd seriously doubt that.

We initially thought that this game was incredibly imbalanced in favour of the innocents, so I really don't know what's going on with this game's power. xD

But, yes, a godfather on a team of four mafians is completely reasonable; it's main intention is to make the seer results less reliable, but it's useless if you don't get scanned, so it's not inherently powerful in its own right. A lynchproof-unless-last-player-alive is frankly absurd, but I'm not too sure what's going on role-wise, so I'm looking into how people have been acting instead.

Apparently there is another mafian alive, and I don't think NP would be them since he vig'd Jabber. (You could argue inno-cred, but in that case, why not just vig a suspicious townie and be one step closer to your wincon? Additionally, NP counterclaiming indie would be a rather unnecessary mafian play if NP is in fact not indie.)
Yeah mafia members CCing non-power roles is them trying to win purely on mislynch math and power wolfing, while vigging a scumbuddy is a very different and mutually exclusive strategy.
@NinjaPenguin Have you fully roleclaimed yet?
Yep, I have. I did when I was outing Drac.
I'll quote some posts when I have my laptop back. Feel free to read my posts back in the meantime. Btw take roles into consideration, logically, if anyone was a godfather it would be the main villian Bill Cypher not one of his minions. Also 4 scum members with a godfather, 2 indies and only 8 town? The game would be incredibly inbalanced in favor of the scum team after all. I'd seriously doubt that.
Eh if you were gone for Dazzling Star that was basically how I balanced it. Both sides had insane amounts of power in their roles, albeit with little to no ways to confirm people as town in my game.
A lynchproof-unless-last-player-alive is frankly absurd, but I'm not too sure what's going on role-wise, so I'm looking into how people have been acting instead.
Let's not dive too deep into role spec. This is looking a lot like the mistake town made with RF in that FE game. Likely, he either is lynchproof town or scum who claimed lynchproof for safety.

Also 4 scum members with a godfather, 2 indies and only 8 town? The game would be incredibly inbalanced in favor of the scum team after all. I'd seriously doubt that.
This is why I think Jade tried to balance the game by creating 2 scum roles with similar abilities.

I also don't think Megapod would be mafian, firstly because two scum with reflexive blocks is very weird, and it would be even weirder if both Jabber and Megapod decided to claim reflexive blocks even though that would obviously arouse suspicions.
By claiming similar abilities, they would know that when one of them flips scum, the other one would be semi-cleared because of what you said, it's unlikely. Like a sacrifice of one of them to make the other townier. I'm not discarding that possibility.

And for those who think I'm scum... You can't deny that my ability that offers alliances is real, NP put it into practice when he scanned Lorde and he got my results too, and many of you have received my offer. Can you tell me why a Mafia member would have an ability that shares effects of abilities? And in that case, why would I send the offer to Lorde if she was my scumbuddy? It clearly is something to make more difficult my win condition, not helpful at all for a "team" like Mafia.

This is why I think Jade tried to balance the game by creating 2 scum roles with similar abilities.

By claiming similar abilities, they would know that when one of them flips scum, the other one would be semi-cleared because of what you said, it's unlikely. Like a sacrifice of one of them to make the other townier. I'm not discarding that possibility.

And for those who think I'm scum... You can't deny that my ability that offers alliances is real, NP put it into practice when he scanned Lorde and he got my results too, and many of you have received my offer. Can you tell me why a Mafia member would have an ability that shares effects of abilities? And in that case, why would I send the offer to Lorde if she was my scumbuddy? It clearly is something to make more difficult my win condition, not helpful at all for a "team" like Mafia.
Obviously that would not be all the alliances do if you're scum. Maybe when you die everybody in alliances goes down with you or something?

No, at all. Again, if that were the case, why would I ally with Lorde?
It's an example. I have no way to know what kind of a effect you might have because as an indie I'm in the uniformed majority.
Also, look at the wiki of my character. It says that Mabel and Dipper Pines are his aliies, so there is no way that character could be scum.
http://gravityfalls.wikia.com/wiki/Quentin_Trembley
Attempted flavor clear is terrible and scummy, as any attempted flavor clear is.

It's an example. I have no way to know what kind of a effect you might have because as an indie I'm in the uniformed majority.

Attempted flavor clear is terrible and scummy, as any attempted flavor clear is.
I don't know what to say... I'm an indie and I'm trying to find ways to prove it :(.

I haven't voted yet and we're mostly in the middle of the day, so I'll vote the person who I think is more probable to be scum. ##VOTE: MegaPod.

Attempted flavour clear isn't scummy - it indicates a player getting frustrated that their attempts to defend themselves are fully on dead ears...

Or they could have claimed different Abilities, and noone would bat an eyelid, and Jabber may not have even been lynched. I can't really see scum claiming similar abilities to get shaky cred, especially because there's a ton of other ways that would be much more effective, if that was their aim.

I don't know what to say... I'm an indie and I'm trying to find ways to prove it :(.

I haven't voted yet and we're mostly in the middle of the day, so I'll vote the person who I think is more probable to be scum. ##VOTE: MegaPod.
Best way to prove it is to ISO people and find scummy interactions with the flipped scum. Don't prove yourself as indie; prove them as a better option than you.
The town's goal is to catch the scum; the scum's is to survive. If you wish to ally with the town, I'd suggest the first rather than the second.
Attempted flavour clear isn't scummy - it indicates a player getting frustrated that their attempts to defend themselves are fully on dead ears...
To me, it indicates desperation. Someone telling the truth shouldn't feel desperate.

Day 4 vote count.

Mariano11887 - bb, Megapod (1)
MegaPod_781 - Robin, Mariano (3)
rainyman123 - bb (1)

The player with the most votes will be bolded.
MegaPod_781 is at L-1.

Day 4 ends Tuesday February 27th at 10am EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back