Finished Mafia XLIX: Fight for the Falls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to dislike reading too much into claim wordings, and even compare inconsistencies like that; my role designs aren't always consistently worded, and I would expect such inconsistencies more so when two different people are creating the setup. (Plus, safe-claims exist.) I think if Jabber is scum, the evidence is more likely to be that the abilities overlap.

This is a huge inconsistency though and still a notable scummy inconsistency. It's obvious why Jabberwock didn't think of this himself because he never considered being targeted by the night kill because he's scum.

@NinjaPenguin is this the only result you got?
No, it is not. I also got who you targeted, but have no need to say it because scum doesn't need to know where your alliances lie.
And I got that my role reverted back to normal from my shapeshifting.
This is a huge inconsistency though and still a notable scummy inconsistency. It's obvious why Jabberwock didn't think of this himself because he never considered being targeted by the night kill because he's scum.
Or maybe it's a way to make that seemingly pro-scum ability useful for town. With this game's balance, you never know.

##vote: scattered mind[b

For the record, there was a mass claim a couple of pages before night, which is really the main thing that you should read. The track is pretty incriminating though.

Mariano, why should I accept? You’d know what I’m talking about, I believe.
Yeah, I know what you are talking about. I sent it because I need it to accomplish my goal when the game finishes. I don't see any negative impact on you if you accept because you have no abilities at the moment, it would be just to help me with my goal.
This is why I didn't want to claim.

No, it is not. I also got who you targeted, but have no need to say it because scum doesn't need to know where your alliances lie.
Ok perfect, it was just to confirm. But I wonder why I didn't receive the useless sweater.

Nowhere does Jabber's ability say that it excludes the night kill! (non-lethal ability) Invincible during the night? I don't think so. Yet again the host wasn't careful enough.
That wording is intentional. I asked Jade about it earlier on in the game and didn't feel the need to reveal it to scum:
If I get NK'd, does Crush disable the NK?
Yes, it would disable the night kill.

@Mariano11887 why haven't you commented at all on scattered mind yet?

@Mariano11887 why haven't you commented at all on scattered mind yet?
Because my goal is to have formed 4 living alliances at the end of the game. It is public knowledgement that on Night 0 I offered Lorde to ally and she accepted, so I won't contribute to lynch her/Scattered, I'd only hurt my progress on the game.

@Mariano11887 You won't contribute to lynch a confirmed scum? You still haven't been confirmed not scum Mariano, so I advise you not to say that you back scum for your own gain. It almost sounds like you don't care if town loses. Actually can the other players who got an offer from Mariano come foreward?

It would be better Mariano if you send me an offer this night. Don't worry if I see it for myself I will accept it and it will bring us closer to the truth.

Actually since Lorde / Scattered has been tracked last night, shouldn't that also reveal Mariano's actions for the night?

@Mariano11887 You won't contribute to lynch a confirmed scum? You still haven't been confirmed not scum Mariano, so I advise you not to say that you back scum for your own gain. It almost sounds like you don't care if town loses. Actually can the other players who got an offer from Mariano come foreward?

It would be better Mariano if you send me an offer this night. Don't worry if I see it for myself I will accept it and it will bring us closer to the truth.
I'm an indie, if I think it in a cold way, I don't care who wins the game as well as I accomplish my goal. However, I would like the town to win the game and I want to help as much as I can for that, but not compromising my win condition. Once I am in 4 living alliances, then I don't care if my allies are killed or lynched, I only need to survive until the game finishes and I will do my best for the town. I sent the offer to Lorde on Night 0, there is no way I could know she was scum.
So if you say you'll accept my offer, I'll send it tonight.
Actually since Lorde / Scattered has been tracked last night, shouldn't that also reveal Mariano's actions for the night?
Yes, NP and bbninjas can confirm it.
Oh, and by the way, I finally received the useless sweater so I can confirm NP is telling the truth.
Just asking, I want to have a clear image on how these abilities work.
This is my ability:
Active Ability - -12 dollar bill: Once per night phase, you may pm the hosts “Offer: [Player]. If that player accepts your offer, you will be in an ‘alliance’ with them. If they are targeted during the night, the action will also affect you. Additionally, if you are targeted during the night, the action will also affect them. This does not apply with the night kill.
Every action that any of my allies receives also affects me. For example, NP tracked Lorde last night and he also received who I targeted. The same happens in vice-versa.

Day 3 vote count #1

Scattered mind
- Jabber, NP, Megapod, bb (4)
Jabberwock - Camo (1)

The player with the most votes will be bolded.
Scattered mind is at L-2.

Day 3 ends Wednesday February 21st at 10am EST.

I'm an indie, if I think it in a cold way, I don't care who wins the game as well as I accomplish my goal. However, I would like the town to win the game and I want to help as much as I can for that, but not compromising my win condition.
This is inherently anti-town because he's unwilling to lynch a player who is essentially confoscum.

What was funny about what Jabber said?

Also, considering the other key difference between Jabber's claim and my role, his claim does seem a bit more plausible.

What was funny about what Jabber said?

Also, considering the other key difference between Jabber's claim and my role, his claim does seem a bit more plausible.
One of you is scum simply because of PoE. Mariano targeting Lorde seems quite strange unless he's some sort of Lost Wolf, rainy swapping me with Drac is weird because if he wanted a rolecop for the scum, I feel like he would have swapped Lorde with me, Robin is only scum if godfather, and I've basically confirmed myself as not scum. Unless you insinuate any of those off chances, one of you are scum.

I don't understand this. I targeted Lorde offering the alliance on Night 0, when all of us had literally no information about each other.
Nono that means that it's strange for scum to target Lorde (fellow scum) with that ability unless they are a lost wolf, which is so uncommon in this meta I'd be shocked if Jade included it.
Indie Mariano doing that makes total sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back