News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

Forget it's second attack. I'm playing this with the generations charmander and victini and playing it with shrine of memories. Take a lot of damage, deal double damage back. It's a little flippy but it's another option I guess.

pretty bad card, 300 damage is complete overkill, most of the playable things with 240-250 health are weak to fire anyways. Ho-oh is basic and can hit 190 with one Kiawe, add a choice band and Kukui and you OHKO the entire meta anyways and the drawback is much more manageable through switch cards and whatnot. Wing attack is a non-attack, totally useless. It and this card would be good if it let you recover 2 energy so you could kiawe+1 attachment to crimson storm, then attach and wing attack the next turn to get another storm fueled.

The only feature of this card worth talking about is the GX attack, but you can't really build a mill deck around this card, it's too expensive of an attack and there are too many ways to recover cards from discard anyways.

Damn it Sun/Moon, you started strong but first Carvahna/Sharpedo and now this?

You have a massive roster to fill, you shouldn't be reusing Pokemon already (aside from Gen VII onest so Beweare is off the hook)

pretty bad card, 300 damage is complete overkill

Honestly, I'm surprised they didn't make it deal something more ridiculous like 500 for 10 attachments or anything along those lines.

The GX attack doesn't really make sense on a Charizard, but it wasn't very likely we were getting a competitive 'Zard given the history it has in the TCG.

The only feature of this card worth talking about is the GX attack, but you can't really build a mill deck around this card, it's too expensive of an attack and there are too many ways to recover cards from discard anyways.
The GX attack doesn't really make sense on a Charizard, but it wasn't very likely we were getting a competitive 'Zard given the history it has in the TCG.

You might be able to include it as the finisher for a mill deck. It will be hard, but from the mill deck's perspective, that attack is amazing. In beatdown deck turns, this is like introducing a OHKO attack that includes the "take an extra Prize" clause, in a format where 3HKO's are the norm and nothing is running around and worth two Prizes. At least, if we don't get even more mass recycling tricks. ;)

Oh, and mill is oddly appropriate for Fire Types; think of it as burning away your opponent's deck. :D

I think it should be possible to attach Burn Energy but I'm not sure. It says Fire Energy Card, not basic, but recently I discovered that you can't discard Strong Energies with
Scorched Earth Stadium in PTCGO, so it may be because of the name or something., but if you can't, Kiawe makes your turn end not letting you do 300 damage each turn anyways.
Burning energy directly says:
This card provides [R] energy only while attached to a [R] Pokemon.
You can't attach them with Kiawe

The more I think about it, the better that GX attack becomes.

Charizard-GX can KO anything with its second attack, so the opponent has to find a way to play around it and set up multiple attackers. Meanwhile, Charizard-GX has the option to chip away with Wing Attack or press the nuclear mill button if the opponent overextends.

Sure, it's not an amazing card but I think it's got more potential than I initially thought - especially with Kiawe also in the set!

I actually got my hopes up for a meta worthy Charizard-GX... to bad this isn't that. I like his GX attack, but all that aside, he isn't all too great.

As for the anger of Pokemon like Charizard, Darkrai, and Gardevoir getting all the love... truthfully I don't quite see what you all mean. The Pokemon TCG is a business, that needs to make money (that's there job,) so of course they're going to make cards for the more popular Pokemon and leave other Pokemon in the dust. There are plenty of Pokemon that I would have loved to see get the EX or GX treatment, but they never did (Pretty much every starter Pokemon, that didn't already get one,) but I kind of have to care more about the how competitive each card is, more so than what Pokemon is on the card.

Because I am a Charizard fan, (and I have no life) I decided to work out in my head what it would take to get off 3 Crimson Storms(theoretically 6 prizes). Not trying to say it's viable, but just so people can see what it would take.

T1: Start Charmander, attach Fire, Play Kiawe ([R][R][R][R][R])
T2: Rare Candy into Charizard GX, attach Fire, Crimson Storm ([R][R][R])
T3: Attach DCE, Crimson Storm ([C][C]).
T4: Play Kiawe ([R][R][R][R][C][C])
T5: Crimson Storm

8 card Combo over 5 turns....I have seen worse....maybe....?

Now, this would require that:
-Every Crimson Storm hits an EX/GX. Luckily, you can play a Lysandre on the turns you attack. (adds more cards to the combo)
-You have an attachment every turn. The DCE attachment could happen on any of the first 3 turns, so that helps.
-Your opponent doesn't use any energy denial.
-Your opponent doesn't KO you before then.

I feel like the cards in this set are Charizard centric just like Flashfire, and just like Flashfire, never make it to the top tier of decks with cards in it. Sure in FF, there was a Charizard/Pyroar meta going on for a while butg it died down very quickly. Still going to hoard all the Charizards I can get my hands on though, just like I did with Flashfire too.

MY GEODUDES
  • Charizard GX - I love it, but it is gosh darn expensive, and it is a Stage 2. Rare Candy would be a hassle. It can ease your pain to set up, thanks to Mr. Kiawe if in T1. If not, OK! The GX attack would be a pain in the early game, Sylveon will suffer if ya discard VS Seekers and Grunts. Most decks as well. I think something fancy on this GX attack, this is the opposite of Broski's GX attack. For now, It's a 3-Geodude card.

Darkrai-GX was from SM2+, which is also part of Burning Shadows
Don't forget Wailord line from Guardians Rising

Back