• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Durant / Mew

I've been thinking about this deck with pretty much everyone else that wants it to work

Key points I think we've all got to remember:
  • There is 47 cards in a deck before the first draw (excluding mulligans)
  • You don't want to use N, Judge, Red card. These cards put your opponents hand back into their deck, making it harder to mill them
  • You want to go second so you can get the first attack off
  • If you go second you have to mill 7 cards every turn at least (47 - 7 / 6 = 6.67) (47 cards in deck at first draw, you go second so your opponent draws 7 cards over the course of the game (if they are only drawing) then divided by you only having 6 turns assuming they take a prize every turn they attack)
  • Delinquent is good in theory but It's discarding cards from the hand not the deck, it's disruption not mill. Probably better taking the chance with Team Rockets Handiwork instead of this.
So yeah.. 7 cards every turn for this to work
Mew + Durant is 4
Team Rocket's Handiwork is 4 if you get both rolls.. You've gotta get perfect rolls 6 turns in a row!

Of course the opponent is going to be drawing more than 1 card a turn, but to consistently make it work you need 7 imo

Mills aren't consistent enough. Games are too fast right now for mill decks to be consistent and work

Decks being too fast is the best environment for mill to work, the thing is you only have to survive 6 or 7 turns
But sadly I think we're still a couple of cards short of getting a consistent winning mill deck

We need a stadium that discards cards when you play energy or something.. that will probably make mill completely viable.

I'm failing to see how a fast deck helps milling decks. I get the thought process since they mill cards for you, but when they only need 4-5 turns to win and you need 6-7, you're still behind. Not to mention the meta decks now are really easy to setup, where mill decks, you're struggling to setup 1 pokemon to mill, let alone 2 or 3 on the bench while you're also losing 1 active a turn by KO's or more if you face a DL that does bench damage.

Back