Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

Can I post my miss textured FA AOR EXs here? I recently got a lugia EX that I think is worth at least $80 because the texture is so far off of were it's suppossed to be.
I don't see a problem with you posting it, as long as you have a picture where the mistake is visible :)

Would like to know what you would pay for a Kyogre Gold Star, a Mew Gold Star and a Pikachu Gold Star all Near Mint condition. I know I could check ebay but the values are kinda volatile there, so I'd like to get an opinion from someone who collects and what they would pay for these if they were looking for them.

i have a large collection of old Pokemon cards that i collected years ago here is a few to start DSCF6233.JPG

DSCF6237.JPG DSCF6236.JPGDSCF6232.JPG
could someone value these please

i have a large collection of old Pokemon cards that i collected years ago here is a few to start
could someone value these please

The uncommons aren't worth much (maybe US$.50 each at most). For old cards, it's primarily the holos that are worth the most. Holo Dark Dragonite has sold between US$1 and US$10 on Ebay recently.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but how can I get hold of Shaymin-EXs on ptcgo? I have a bunch of valuable cards, but I really dont know its value. For instance, could I trade a secret rare mewtwo EX for a single shaymin EX? Is that a reasonable or unreasonable trade, and for who? I really dont know at what level to start offering for shaymin EXs. Perhaps 5 breakthrough packs? 10? 15? please let me know :)

could I trade a secret rare mewtwo EX for a single shaymin EX?

It depends,

First I need to know some things more:

Does it come from XY breakthrough or from somthing different

Can you tell me the version number of the Secret Rare Mewtwo Ex and the Shaymin Ex?

. . .

Or can you send an image of the cards so I can Indentify and compare them.

Like this:

Usage in TCG :

(Economy) Win / Lose :

Is it Worth:
= = = = = = =
and finally,

Advice:

Formula that I use ;)

Generally speaking, digital card values compared to each other mostly correspond to the values of their paper counterparts, so you can still use things like eBay sold listings to compare the values of cards. According to those values, the BREAKthough Mewtwo FA SRs are still going for about half the price of a Shaymin-EX.

In terms of actually acquiring a Shaymin-EX, you might have some luck with trading in our PTCGO Trade thread in the Marketplace. :)

Also a good source for determining PTCGO card values is the In-Game Item Exchange board on the official PTCGO forums. There are numerous "trading companies" who operate in card-for-packs and packs-for-cards. They list the values of most of the various obtainable packs, Ultra Rares, and many Holos, and from my experience serious traders in-game tend to use the trading company threads as general guidelines for card values.

Shaymin-EX reg is listed for around 16 packs on average across the various threads. So if you wanted to go this "company" route, you'd have to send them an offer (in-game or on the forum, depending) for Shaymin with 16 applicable in-game packs. Alternatively, you could "sell" them some cards and use their value to pay for Shaymin.

I was looking through my old pokemon cards looking for some misprints to make some cash and found this card that has a couple of spelling mistakes/misprints. Dont know if its fake or not. its a Kakuna lv 8.
one of the attakcs is called Dangerous Evolution. ( i will type out the attack exactly as it is on the card. the errors are the cards not mine)
The Defeding Pokemon is now poioned. Flip a coin. if heads, seach your deck for an evolution card that Evolves from Kakuna and put it onto Kakuuna.(this counts as evolving Kakuna.) Shuffle your deck afterward.
i cant post a pic atm but i will. it looks real.

Sounds like it's probably a fake (way too many typos for a legitimate error) but we'd need a scan to tell for sure.

i looked up the card and it all looks the exact same. also i have another card thats a chansey. its unseen forces and has a shiny star at the bottom. and the background is shiny

Also. How would i scan it ?.

Last edited by a moderator:
The EX Unseen Forces Chansey is probably a Reverse Holo, but once again, a scan or photo would be the best way to identify it.

In order to scan a card you would need a scanner and some form of digital editing software in order to save the image. If you don't have access to that, you could try taking a photo as well and uploading it, though you'd have to be careful to make a clean, clear picture so that people can see it properly.

I believe this is what a regular/real version of your Kakuna card should look like, and this is what a RH Unseen Forces Chansey looks like.

I can't find a price on this, but I am searching for one, does anyone know the value of a Pokebody missprint of Empoleon lvl X? SHOULD I ever see one, I want to know how much to fairly trade for it in cards.

I can't find a price on this, but I am searching for one, does anyone know the value of a Pokebody missprint of Empoleon lvl X? SHOULD I ever see one, I want to know how much to fairly trade for it in cards.

To be honest the misprint doesn't add any value onto it. I find it hard to actually find the corrected version, as it was later one in release, when people had already bought the new set and just traded/bought what they needed. I can find one on eBay right now for £8.99, and looking at sold listings it's £5-9, so in dollars if you're working with that $10-15.

Good luck with your search :)

To be honest the misprint doesn't add any value onto it. I find it hard to actually find the corrected version, as it was later one in release, when people had already bought the new set and just traded/bought what they needed. I can find one on eBay right now for £8.99, and looking at sold listings it's £5-9, so in dollars if you're working with that $10-15.

Good luck with your search :)
Wait, so there was a time where they actually RELEASED the corrected printing? Wow, I had no clue it was that easy to find. And did they EVER release the corrected SR charizard in PLS?

Wait, so there was a time where they actually RELEASED the corrected printing? Wow, I had no clue it was that easy to find. And did they EVER release the corrected SR charizard in PLS?

Yep, but most people had already bought the stuff/packs they were after, so I would say the corrected version is rarer/harder to find. I believe they did not, only the Japanese card was correct (though the misprint SR Zoroark did get a re-print, again like the Empoleon, the set had been out for a long time and most people had bought packs/cards)

Yep, but most people had already bought the stuff/packs they were after, so I would say the corrected version is rarer/harder to find. I believe they did not, only the Japanese card was correct (though the misprint SR Zoroark did get a re-print, again like the Empoleon, the set had been out for a long time and most people had bought packs/cards)
What missprint SR zoroark? The one from DEX? when was that a missprint?!?!?

What missprint SR zoroark? The one from DEX? when was that a missprint?!?!?

The one from Next Destinies:

"The graphic border near the HP is the graphic used for Stage 2 Pokémon, though Zoroark is a Stage 1. The error was eventually corrected in later print runs" (Bulbapedia)

330404.jpg

Back