Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

I got a Championship Deck thingy (I think it was 2006), and I got a card that was completely blank. It had the back, and the borders on the front and back, but where the rest of the card should be was pure white. I thought it was for a signature or something, but someone on skype said it might be a misprint. Does anyone know what it is?

I got a Championship Deck thingy (I think it was 2006), and I got a card that was completely blank. It had the back, and the borders on the front and back, but where the rest of the card should be was pure white. I thought it was for a signature or something, but someone on skype said it might be a misprint. Does anyone know what it is?

Sounds like a very rare misprint :)

There's a known issue on BREAK cards(at least from BREAKThrough) where some of the backs are upside-down.(A right side up BREAK has the name, HP, and BREAK symbol on the left side when pulled out of a pack.) I recently got a Zoroark BREAK with this issue, where i got it with the front side printed in the wrong direction. Every BREAK from breakthrough can have this, but I'm unsure on others. I'll get a picture when I can.
Check your BREAK cards for this, they're worth around $ 30-50, from what I've seen.

My 3rd print (Australian) 1999-2000 Fossil Zapdos cards have two different foil effects. One has the 'galaxy' foil akin to the Japanese foils, while the other is holographic, but has no galaxy or star effect. Any idea which one may be the error?

11148704_1345564212135942_5366927870330124509_n.jpg

My 3rd print (Australian) 1999-2000 Fossil Zapdos cards have two different foil effects. One has the 'galaxy' foil akin to the Japanese foils, while the other is holographic, but has no galaxy or star effect. Any idea which one may be the error?

11148704_1345564212135942_5366927870330124509_n.jpg
The cosmos holo print of Fossil Zapdos was exclusive to its Thunderstorm theme deck in English. So I reckon the one on the left would be from one of those.

The one on the right should have the star holo pattern. With age sometimes the star pattern on these older sets becomes pretty faded. Are you sure there is no semblance on it? Maybe taking a picture without the sleeve would help them to show up if they're there at all.

Last edited:
These are pretty rare, does it have the Normal Non WC back? or does it have a WC back? I personally have never seen a blank WC card before. But i have seen the Official Back cards with white blank fronts, they often sell for a pretty penny often times fetching 20-30$ in online auctions.

I have this misprint , help [Primal Groudon EX]

Hi everyone, I have a Primal Groudon EX misprint. I attached some pictures to show you. As you can see it looks like the factory cut the card wrong and left that imprint on the top of the card. Also, it cut the top off at a slight angle. Are misprints worth anything? Is the fact that it's on a rare card add to the value of it? Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I'm new and just started collecting cards again. If anyone can help me that'd be great and much appreciated.

Thanks
This type of misprint is called Crimping, but in your case, you have three seperate types of errors. The Crimp, from when they close the booster pack in the factory. The miscentered Pictur of the card. And the actual miscut, causing the Square corners. The three together make for a very rare (in my opinion) error card. It is very unlikely you will see a card as messed up as this from a factory.

Although I have seen a misprint collection of DEX ex's in one box it contained all the EX's, but each card had almost exactly half of the card after it. But the really weird thing was that they were all Pack after pack in the box. It got royally messed up.

I just found this on my Trevenant BREAK card... I don't know if it's anything at all, but I wanted to check to be sure.

Here's the image:
DSCN5434.jpg

It's got this weird overlap on the 'squares' with pinwheel holo (I don't even know what the BREAK pattern should be called) that none of my other BREAKs have.

If "WC" is World Championship, then yes, it has a WC back.
NOTE: I'll be adding pictures to my first post when my internet decides to let me.
Ok, I have NEVER seen one with a World Championship back, only the normal back. So, in my opinion that would make it more rare than the usual one, of which i have probably seen 15-20 on the internet and 2-3 in real life. My LGS even has one for sale. Only problem is, no one particularly cares for collecting world championship cards so the market would be small, exclusively error collectors and the sort. Did you notice if it was an extra card in the package, or did the blank replace a certain card in the list?

I have not the slightest idea. I can't remember, and I no longer have the rest of the set.
we'll never know... lol. I was just curious, I don't think it would effect its overall value anyways, but it could have been cool to know which card the ax from the printer.

i honestly dont know if this is a misprint or not.. ive been trying to find another online and im confused .. it is gyarados ex 123/122 one of the cards is textured and one is not, even though they both are holo... help? i pulled them both from packs that came from target btw.. so its not a fake im just curious if its a less valued version or what

poke..jpg is this a misprint someone plz help

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like one to me.

Pretty cool though :)
thats what i thought.. lol.. i wouldnt be mad its a sweet card it just cant find anything like it anywhere online.. would think it was somehow fake if i didnt pull it out myself lol
thanks for the reply :)

Well, my Secret Rare Mewtwo from BREAKthrough was just stolen by one of my friends. Does anyone think it is worth it to buy another?
1080576.jpg

Well, my Secret Rare Mewtwo from BREAKthrough was just stolen by one of my friends. Does anyone think it is worth it to buy another?

That depends on the reason. Mewtwo 163/162 is going between $10-$14 USD right now, but Mewtwo decks may drop in usage come May due Fates Collide's Alakazam-EX and M Alakazam-EX.

But if it's simply for collection purposes, I'd consider it.

Back