Finished Mafia 53: Twilight's Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, roz, as much as I would like to keep you because you're still quite new here, you've dug yourself quite a hole that is harder to get out of than just saying, "I'm town." My boy is gonna stay.

his ability is a type of mimicker, taking the abilities of felled players -- most likely only townies -- and being able to use them for himself. That ostensibly means that right now he doesn't have an ability of his own, if the role is taking the form I think it is.

it cause I'm against town.

Like any antitown would ever write anything like that, lel.[/QUOTE]

^ I already confirmed this few times.
This is literaly my role.

This is my claim.

I say the same thing over and over because it doesn't feel like you're listening to me. Just please leave your tunnel and listen to what I have to say because I don't feel like playing with Brasas (you wouldn't know who he is, but Zone and eevee sure do) all over again.
Dude. You're not understanding that the same goes from me to you, and that you're not listening to me. I just understand that the reason it seems like that is because you and I are arguing over fundamentals of which we have different perceptions, and for whatever reason you're not willing to shift your perception to the majority and the traditionally proven and instead are adamantly pursuing your off-piste interpretations. That's fine. I understand what you're saying and I read what you're saying. I just disagree with it, and that's not not reading it, it's disagreeing with it. If you're not satisfied with my responses, it's because you disagree with me. I don't think you actually think I'm not reading your posts because every word you've said has been responded to (unlike you, who has occasionally cut some phrases out of my posts as you've replied which you'd be much better off responding to).
NinjaPenguin said:
I also see that you think this, but you're quite simply ignoring the fact the advantage to town is much greater than the advantage to mafia and instead wanting to ask a question that will never benefit town but if Jplap is scum, could benefit a lot. Like this question is the best one to ask and I will keep pushing it as long as the options you suggest still suck. The OC question is a good option and I'm willing to accept that I guess, but I feel like there isn't going to be any neighborhood QTs in this game and every other question is much more mafia sided than my own.
I'm not ignoring anything. I'm disagreeing with you. Acting like I'm being dismissive is flagrantly wrong and a little arrogant. I've explained countless times exactly why I disagree with you and it's reached the point where you've actually stopped arguing with me over content and have shifted your position to "you're ignoring me" because you're so stubborn that your question is the holy grail the town needs to reach salvation that when you've run out of ways to support it you're going for ad hominem instead. And that's a real scum move.

And the reward for the first friendship activity is literally a neighbourhood QT.
NinjaPenguin said:
Shockingly, I could say the exact same distraction stuff for you, who's tunneling hard on pre-flip association reads and not letting me say a word without getting screamed out.
Nono my read on you is so much more than pre-flip association. Eevee covered some of the bases, but I've actually been talking about your scummy behaviour in all of these posts. It's almost like you haven't been reading them oh boy

Regardless, much of why I'm pushing you right now is to ascertain whether or not the scumread is legitimate or not. And the more you're pushed, the scummier you're becoming. That's nothing to do with association reads, that's all on your being read as an individual. And I'm not screaming out what you're saying because it's coming from you -- I'm screaming out what you're saying A) because we've ended up in a dialogue, B) because of other scummy things you've done, and C) because what you're saying is worth screaming out. Don't forget this has all originated from your adamant campaigning for the question surrounding the indie which it benefits mafia to find out more than it does town. That was the first thing that triggered my scumdar, and the push from there has been fruitful. So no, don't dismiss my read on you as a scumread, and also don't try to guise my push on you tunneling when I've spearheaded the two primary lynch targets today and you're neither of them. AND when I've kept asking you to drop it. That ain't tunneling. But nice try.
NinjaPenguin said:
No, this vote applies pressure for people to get their act together. A town mired in this basic bad play isn't going to win, so I'm using this vote to try to eliminate anti-town ideas constantly flying around.Yep because that's obviously going to happen when I called it a policy vote and told multiple people it was.
How the hell does your vote even attempt to accomplish that? I must have missed the swathes of people who as soon as you bandwagoned on the top lynch target of the day went "Oh damn what a game-changing vote I'd better get my act together!" And I don't believe for a second that that was the true intention of that vote because, again, I have faith in you that you're a better player than that.
NinjaPenguin said:
Sorry, you started the major wagons today oh great King Celever, but I a mere peasant liked one of the people on the wagon for different reasoning that wasn't your royal decree on how it might be a good wagon.
My point isn't that I was the proponent and originator of these lynches because I'm good. My point is that you weren't, and your attempting to dress yourself up as that person is deceptive and scummy. Which, compounded with how scummy your case itself was "MARIANO IS MAFIA BECAUSE MY GUT SAYS SO AND MY GUT IS BETTER THAN YOURS QUAKING" is why that point is worth bringing home. Because you didn't actually do even what you just claimed to do: you didn't jump on the wagon for different reasoning, because you had no effable reasons for it.
NinjaPenguin said:
You'd know I responded to exactly your insinuation that I've spent this day attacking the person that pushed my scumbuddies...if you read.
You tried to say that Mariano was the person who's spearheaded the lynches when that's not true and didn't address the fact that you've been tunneling me for aeons, which you can't deny because eevee just made that same observation. So refute that please.
NinjaPenguin said:
I just wish we could have some private place to talk it out because I really think you're a townie; just one with a bad mindset who's tunneling wayyyy to hard to examine the whole game, which I'm trying my best to get you to do.
Again, there's no tunneling occuring here from anyone but you, as Eevee just observed. I haven't tunneled you because, yes, I've been posting about you a lot, but I've been posting about the other 3 lynch targets we've had today just as much and have commented on every conversation topic that's even come up at all. You haven't actually done that, at least for the last phases of the day, and that's concerning.

And it's not your role to try and make me examine the whole game. I'm sorry that our reads are different -- it'd be much more convenient if they were the same -- but the fact they're different doesn't mean I'm wrong. Even if the alignments don't match up, neither of us are wrong and no reads are wrong, because they're all opinions at the end of the day. And I've been considering the whole game (I townread Quaking quite hard ftr) but have been commenting on the scumreads. And lo and behold, because those are the reads that have taken off and picked up momentum, I don't think my mindset can be that "bad", unless you're saying the entire game's mindset is "bad", in which case we should go and find a crown for you as our true sage.

Or maybe you're misguided.

it cause I'm against town.

Like any antitown would ever write anything like that, lel.

^ I already confirmed this few times.
This is literaly my role.

This is my claim.[/QUOTE]
Yeah what Nick said. You need to copy your Role PM (just the text, not the quote bubble) and paste it in the thread.

You'll have to quote from your role pm for us to believe you at this point.

Few things I heared after previous game:

"Scum would have fakeclaims anyway"
"It's not angleshooting if everyone can do it"
"Quoting does not affect the game"

But now you say it would affect your opinion?

No, I'm not gonna angleshoot cause a meta tells me to do so.
I'm not a part of your meta. And don't force me to change mine.

Claiming is definitely not angleshooting. I've played on at least a dozen different sites and on none of them has it ever been ill-advised. Hell, I played in the interforum mafia championship and even there it's not considered angleshooting at all. I'm not trying to force you to change your meta, but your meta is definitely the anomaly to the rule so I wouldn't try to argue it's in any way angleshooting.

The point is that it lends a lot of legitimacy to your claims. Even with fakeclaims, claiming your role PM in-thread ensures that what you say your ability is is bounded by what the host provides your fakeclaim to be. If not, you have to work to make a claim of your own accord, and while sometimes when games have dumb obscure flavour like this one that's hard... that's just a risk you have to assume when you make claims that aren't covered by your fakeclaim.

Talking about friendship activity rewards is also not allowed. When the activity ends, then you may discuss them freely.

Less than three hours to go.

Talking about friendship activity rewards is also not allowed. When the activity ends, then you may discuss them freely.

Less than three hours to go.
I checked the original friendship activity post to make sure I wasn't saying anything that wasn't already public knowledge. Is that still not OK? :x

Mariano is playing in a way wich looks like trying to get stronger position in town.
Overexplaining. Overanalysing. Trying to do everything perfectly to seems like a player worth keeping.

I also don't like you rn.
Cause you avoid the interaction with me (current wagon) and slip around, quoting and discussing with Celever instead.
Celever is directly trying to talk to me, and even if wrong, he is town type of wrong. You just try to slip by.

And even your answer to me is fake. Cause tbh.

How would reads even help anyone acused of being third party?
Because townies have reads and are caring about them while an indie doesn't necessarily actually have to care about them. There's a big difference.
My soulread says that you're town and tone doesn't point either way because you're you, but my mind says you should be lynched after you totally were on the way to fooling me last game.

Cel, you're simply wrong. There's no good way to respond to a townie who's stubbornly tunneling so I'm just going to stop having a stupid wall fight and hope you do to. There was one moment on the Mariano thing where it was sarcasm and it appears you didn't note that. Besides that, I don't feel like repeating what I've said because it still applies. Give me a quick tl;dr of things you feel like I specifically need to respond to and I'll try to get around to them.

The intent is to not have any discussion at all about the friendship activities. What you said is fine because it is common knowledge, but it can lead to discussion about the prizes, what to do with them, etc.

So now your assuming that bringing that up will help you out of your predicament as opposed to doing the logical thing of claiming from which would help you more in the long run if we decide that it is not a threat to town.

Eevee has told us his claim and that's fine with me. Whether or not he feels like quoting his role PM isn't a good policy lynch at all imo and I'm pretty sure this angleshooting thing is completely not alignment indicative. He's given you his claim and flavor has no bearing on alignment. It's just whether or not you trust that at this point.

Claiming is definitely not angleshooting. I've played on at least a dozen different sites and on none of them has it ever been ill-advised. Hell, I played in the interforum mafia championship and even there it's not considered angleshooting at all. I'm not trying to force you to change your meta, but your meta is definitely the anomaly to the rule so I wouldn't try to argue it's in any way angleshooting.

I already claimed few times tho.

I'm a role wich can use dead people abilities aka backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back