Finished PokeBeach Mafia 50: Fray at the Beach - Game Over - Claim Your Prizes and Vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to send the Soul Dew to Luis but then I got a message that it went missing. I assume Luis took it back?
Hah. Beat you to it. :p

Robin Aisaga Luis could not have stolen the soul dew back.

Why, tho? I did. Ninjas actually PM'd me to clarify befor I even got here:

For the record, the "You will not steal an Item if you were holding it during the previous night" clause is just to prevent you from holding the same Item consecutively, so you stealing the Soul Dew from Robin is correct.

What I couldn't do, for example, is give it to Robin and then steal, all in the same night.

And I have used that ability. It wouldn't be wise to share that information, however.

Please do.
The final case depends on what Ability you have atm.

@Lord o da rings Surely you copied PMJ's ability? It's by far the most powerful and useful to town.
That would not be the case. In a haste, last night, to try and get some sort of action in, I copied Toxapex's ability. I didn't bother shifting through all the pages to find the most useful ability because I knew I wasn't gonna have the time for it.
You mimic the recently deceased Toxapex! Your role has been updated:

You are Mime Jr., and you’re aligned with the Innocent Beachgoers. Mime! Mime, mime, mime, mime, mime. Mime mime mime! Mime. Mime mime mime? Mime, mime! Mime, mime mime mime, mime mime mime. Mime!

Passive Ability: Bunkered Down
Once you’ve settled down someplace, it’s nigh impossible to move you. As such, any negative actions (except lethal actions and the nightkill) used on you by other players during the Night will fail.

Active Ability: Mime Mime Mime!
You aren’t very good at thinking for yourself, so why not just copy somebody else? Once in the game, during the Night Phase, you may PM me the name of a dead player. You will gain that player’s Abilities. (Certain Passive Abilities cannot be copied in this way.)

Active Ability: You’re Not Goin’ Anywhere
You don’t like it when folks try to sneak off to enact some mischief. Each Night Phase, you may PM me the name of a living player. You will trap them under you during the Night, causing any actions they use during the Night to be redirected to you.

Win Condition: Eliminate the Mischief Makers.​

You forget to pass the Focus Sash during the night, but you find that someone has passed it for you!
Honestly go ahead and judge me all you want, but I had very little time to make a decision when I made it, so I looked at recent deaths and made a quick choice.
This makes a lot of sense to me.
Additionally, if Lorde is town and copied some useful ability, why is she so quiet? If she has a useful ability for the town, I think she would be more active, but I've not seen her contributing to find scum.
I'll put some pressure and see what happens. ##VOTE: Lord o da rings
I'm quiet because I have a crap ton going on in my life right now, and because of that I haven't been active on the site as a whole lately. :U

In a haste, last night, to try and get some sort of action in, I copied Toxapex's ability.
THANK YOU!
That's all I needed to hear (read?)!

The original question was your Ability itself, but after it turned out to be a copier, it all went down to the time you acted.
Why? Just by the start of the day, I got this:

You have received a message from the dead!
Tapu Lele is scum, and Lorde has a very good town ability

Whoever wrote this knew for a fact that Lorde's Ability /was/ a good one... of course, before he used it to copy Toxapex.
If he had used it later, that message wouldn't be sent at all. So the final sentence of the message is actually true.
So, I'm willing to take the opening statement as 90% true as well, given that whoever wrote this was either:
a) Town with an investigative Ability, got something on Lele but got killed before he could spill the beans (not surprising, with how fast we're dying).
b) Scum trying to disrupt, trying to sell us that Lord's Ability could be useful for town, even though it can be as equally helpful for scum! And, knowing for sure Lele isn't with them, an easy way to throw him under the bus and have a MYLO tomorrow assuming we lose 3 town between

##VOTE: @Tapu Lele
You've actually been contributing relatively much, but if scum, given how you're team flopped hard I would have done exactly the same: play as town and try to win by not dying yourself. It'd be a smart call, tbh.
You might as well claim, so we can have mor info to work with ;)
But in my book, it's either you or Lord going tonight.
And even if we mislynch today, with reduced numbers we could have an even better shot at nailing the last one (because come one, more than 1 scum left would be obnoxious).

@Luispipe8 Certainly. As promised, I was waiting for Lorde to reveal more info before I revealed. This was because I didn't want the context of my role to affect what others said about their Role

You are Doduo, and you’re aligned with the Innocent Beachgoers. Some people think having two heads must be a lot of fun, and your right head absolutely agrees. Your left head, though, is a little unsure …

Active Ability: Up All Night
While your right head sleeps, its snoring keeps your left head up all night. Well, as long as you’ll be half-awake, might as well put in a bit of work while you’re at it. Each Night Phase, you may PM me the name of a living player. Your left head will watch that player, and learn the names of anybody that player acts on during that Night (this excludes actions made by Item passing).

Win Condition: Eliminate the Mischief Makers.

The ability has been used every night. Here's a history of what I've got:

Night 1 =SM-> Nobody
Night 2 =DFL-> GM Draclord & Gekki (given a comment earlier from Yog, I believe Lord can verify this as well)
Night 3 =MegaPod-> Total Epicness
Night 4 =Lord-> Nobody,
Night 5 =Pika -> Nobody (keep in mind, this ability only shows night actions),
Night 6 =Dash->Me and Mariano
Night 7 =Mariano -> Nobody

Unfortunately, so many times my ability has just come up short of producing anything. And when it does, it's been revealed in thread already (Such as Night 1, Night 3, and Night 6)

Also, something to note, this ability is the antithesis to Yog's ability

Wait. The final Mafia member should be the name killer, right?

If said ability exists, then Lord cannot be said name killer because of her inactivity on night 4

@Luispipe8 This is all based on the theory that the name kill is an action which targets another player. If the NKer acted on someone, I would know from my ability and the reported death.

Out of the 7 left, these three are the only ones I have not investigated during the night of a name kill. Also, I excluded myself, but if you want to consider me a suspect, go right ahead.

Now that I think about it, the name killer
  • Needs a name to kill
  • Can kill once a night with no drawback
  • Knew the obscure name of DFL, but no one else. If he had a consistent way of getting names, we would be seeing more deaths like DFL
Dash however is capable of getting DFL's name- By using metronome on DFL and getting Jade's ability!

##VOTE: @DashKing

BTW, I realized I forgot quaking is a suspect. But I have considered him innocent for a long time

Let's analyze his recent posts, shall we?

@pikachuuuu101 or the @lastshaymin
Can you give us a defense? Why the town shouldn't lynch you.
Completely baseless accusation in the middle of the game to sound like he's participating. No one was pursuing TLS at the time. We thought it was relevant because Yog made it sound important

Sorry not @piku (although I won't say no), @mirdo instead
Is this apologizing for inditing fellow scum?

Right now though my vote (just to put pressure on someone, anyone) is on mirdo
##Vote:Mirdo
Vote for "Pressure"

I have to leave soon but my thoughts are that:
either TE or sim is scum
My opinion is that we should be slightly scared of the people pussing the discussion. either they are scum or super aggressive town. If they are super aggressive town, then they probably not a super important role. Our D4 lynch seems to be either Te or Sim so let's focus on those, but remember that the people controlling the lynch have a lot of power.
Right Now:
##VOTE SIM
I like how he makes the people who post a lot seem like the bad guys

What is our case on GM Drac? Is it just how his posts have been weird or is there another reason?
Speaking of which, what is your defense GM Drac?
Posts in defense of Drac. Suddenly realizes this makes him look like scum, and immediately tries to look like he's after him too.

Does this sound scummy anyone?
Drac is about to get turbo lynched. Posts to try shifting the tone onto Mariano in a last ditch effort

Also, I got a message saying that someone acted on me last night. I'm not sure who it was, but at least I'm still alive.
I hope it wasn't someone using an ability to find out my role name so they could use it for the name killer...
I have a pokemon that can use metronome and I randomly used it on TapuLele and got Yog's ability. It told me that Tapu Lele did not get acted upon during the night. Here is the post: You waggle your finger at Tapu Lele and Mariano. You place a bubble around Tapu Lele, and find that no one acted on Tapu Lele during the Night.
I don't even name him, but he feels suddenly pressured to reveal this

I don't have the soul dew...
First honest sounding reaction post in a long while. Why did he not post like this more?

I think we found our mafia guy.
Also, remember the question we've been asking him - "What happened to Mariano when you targeted him?"
Why didn't he answer this question if it were simply just a part of his role he was revealing?

I can say why. It's because he actually targeted Mariano for a Name Kill, probably guessing the name "Absol", but was wrong and failed the name ckill

Also, I want to bring back this conversation into relevance

I think you should know yog, (My ability)
Ah, touché.

Okay so there may be more "they"s in the game than just the mafia :x

Why did Yog "know about DFL's ability"?

His ability was
Active Ability: Monkey See, Monkey Do
You’re awfully small. You’d feel much more comfortable going along with somebody else in whatever they happen to be doing. Each Night Phase, you may PM me the name of a living player. During the following Day Phase, if you and that player are voting for the same player, your vote weight will be increased by one.

I believe DFL acted on Yog during a night. Maybe it didn't reveal his role name, but it might have given Yog some sort of info about DFL acting on him. Or, they had a secret conversation. SOMETHING happened here, but we never questioned it.

This SOMETHING might have been the reason why Dashking would decide to act on DFL not once, but twice throughout a single game with his metronome ability. If he used it enough times, he might find out what DFL did to Yog. He stumbles upon DFL's name in the process, and just decides to kill him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back