Finished Mafia XLIX: Fight for the Falls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jabberwock, that allows me to know what Camoposting is. You also conveniently forgot the fact that I've been told about Camo's playstyle and read games he has played.

Sorry guys, running a 102 Fahrenheit (39 Celsius) fever, so I'm gonna stop playing mostly for next couple of IRL days and hopefully be back at EoD.
Get some good leads while I'm gone and don't let activity fall off a cliff.
Hope your fever gets better, and I'll get on those reads. o/

I know it's a bit early, but I dislike this lack of activity and I've got some time to kill. So:

Townreads (No particular order):

@Robin Aisaga-Posts have been useful and well informed. @Camoclone-On his meta and while I don't agree with alot of his reads he is super active, out there, and doesn't seem to be holding back at all. Plus I like his bb case.
Nullreads (towniest to scummiest)

@simsands-Asking some good questions and his tone is good-but he acted the exact same way last game and flipped scum.
@NinjaPenguin-Townie as usual (good tone and points) but I never trust him further than I could throw him since he is experienced and very good at Mafia.
@quakingpunch73-Needs to contribute more. What he has posted has been decent tho.
@Lord o da rings-To my knowledge she also hasn't posted anything of use. Nothing particularly scummy about her though.
@MegaPod_781-Nothing really scummy or townie has stuck out about him to me.
@Alex Sableye-Post something please
@Professor_jplap-Not contributing, posts have been fluffy and useless, and that buddying with Lorde was weird. However he is also super new.
@PMJ-Need to see more posts, he has contributed nothing except some short-winded opinions on Camo's plan from earlier.
@Mariano11887-Not contributing enough, his few posts have been short and haven't really accomplished much. As well as this point by NP:

Scumreads (Towniest to scummiest):

@Jabberwock-OOC aggression and although he has made some good points he just isn't rubbing me right; this is more of a gut read than anything else, and I would not advise voting for him.
@Mariano11887-Not contributing enough, his few posts have been short and haven't really accomplished much. As well as this point by NP:
Mariano11887 said: I also like the idea of the Camoclone lynch, but not right now, it's very early Day 1. It will be better to execute the lynch later so we have time to make more reads on the people in the meanwhile.
To which @NinjaPenguin responded with:
This reads terribly too btw. I see no reason to take this approach on the matter and not just vote. I also don't see why anything he's done looks scummy to you besides OMGUS.
@bbninjas-All the things Camo said about him. Although he is my top scumread ATM my vote is on Mariano since I want to see a response from him and bb is already being pushed.

That entire post got messed up somehow. Let's just try this again:

I know it's a bit early, but I dislike this lack of activity and I've got some time to kill. So:

Townreads (No particular order):

@Robin Aisaga-Posts have been useful and well informed. @Camoclone-On his meta and while I don't agree with alot of his reads he is super active, out there, and doesn't seem to be holding back at all. Plus I like his bb case.

Nullreads (towniest to scummiest)

@simsands-Asking some good questions and his tone is good-but he acted the exact same way last game and flipped scum.
@NinjaPenguin-Townie as usual (good tone and points) but I never trust him further than I could throw him since he is experienced and very good at Mafia.
@quakingpunch73-Needs to contribute more. What he has posted has been decent tho.
@Lord o da rings-To my knowledge she also hasn't posted anything of use. Nothing particularly scummy about her though.
@MegaPod_781-Nothing really scummy or townie has stuck out about him to me.
@Alex Sableye-Post something please
@Professor_jplap-Not contributing, posts have been fluffy and useless, and that buddying with Lorde was weird. However he is also super new.
@PMJ-Need to see more posts, he has contributed nothing except some short-winded opinions on Camo's plan from earlier.

Scumreads (Towniest to scummiest):

@Jabberwock-OOC aggression and although he has made some good points he just isn't rubbing me right; this is more of a gut read than anything else, and I would not advise voting for him.
Mariano11887 said: I also like the idea of the Camoclone lynch, but not right now, it's very early Day 1. It will be better to execute the lynch later so we have time to make more reads on the people in the meanwhile.
To which @NinjaPenguin responded with:
This reads terribly too btw. I see no reason to take this approach on the matter and not just vote. I also don't see why anything he's done looks scummy to you besides OMGUS.
@bbninjas-All the things Camo said about him. Although he is my top scumread ATM my vote is on Mariano since I want to see a response from him and bb is already being pushed.

@Jabberwock, that allows me to know what Camoposting is. You also conveniently forgot the fact that I've been told about Camo's playstyle and read games he has played.
No. Your experience with Camoposting =/= pressure. That's the point NP was trying to make, which you've successfully misinterpreted for a solid page now.
@Camoclone-On his meta and while I don't agree with alot of his reads he is super active, out there, and doesn't seem to be holding back at all. Plus I like his bb case.

If you're actually town, then Camo's playing you like a fiddle rn. Please don't blindly do whatever he tells you to do just because he's the most aggressive player on the site. That's called sheeping.

No. Your experience with Camoposting =/= pressure. That's the point NP was trying to make, which you've successfully misinterpreted for a solid page now.
W/e
If you're actually town, then Camo's playing you like a fiddle rn. Please don't blindly do whatever he tells you to do just because he's the most aggressive player on the site. That's called sheeping.
I'd be reading bb as scum whether Camo was or not.

I like Camo's bb case, don't like the MegaPod case that much, and am still OK with a jplap or Mariano lynch. Mariano & jplap need to be contributing a lot more, and I'm the only vote on Mariano ATM. So for now, I'm keeping my vote there until I see more posts from Mariano.
I agree with this for the most part, BB and Mariano are the only people who look odd to me. But I don't understand the jplap case at all. He read my signature, how does that make him scummy?
Hey, to be fair I said I wasn't gonna be very active this time around. ;)

True, otherwise I'd be scumreading you since you're usually active. Still, even with this in mind, you will remain on my null list since I haven't seen much from you.
I agree with this for the most part, BB and Mariano are the only people who look odd to me.
How and why exactly do they look odd to you?
But I don't understand the jplap case at all. He read my signature, how does that make him scummy?
The buddying with you was the strange bandwagon earlier, not the signature thing. The signature thing changes nothing. That+the fact that he hasn't done anything useful=a case.

Sorry for the continued scarcity. I have shows all this weekend and also had an article to edit that needed to take priority. I'm on mobile so this post won't be as substantial as I'd like.

I also like camo's bb case. He raises some valid points about the way bb is playing, which doesn't make much sense for someone with his experience. I would be just fine with a bb lynch if no one else stands out by day's end.

There's really not much to say to this case on me. Apparently experienced players must be pinnacle in moving the town discussion along, especially when they can't be as active as they like. Seems like a standard being help to me and not others, actually. Yes, I've had other priorities than this game.

Every recent post bbninjas has made has been with the intention of redirecting attention to me.
Hm, no. Considering you're being highly vocal and are pushing hard, and since I think this play is detrimental, of course I'm going to be regularly commenting on you (and asking for other people's comments on you). It's no different than you ending every single one of your posts with "oh, bb is scum", even when that's not what your post is actually about.

I don't think what you've pointed out is scummy from him, but I do think asking what someone thinks of Camo's posts without commenting on them himself is quite bad.
I did comment on them; I said that his contributions are spamming and are not actually going to produce true results. I suppose I didn't say anything on Megapod or Mariano, though. I think the whole Megapod thing is garbage, and it's just being fueled by his response to Camo which are pretty standard for the first game that people ever play with him. Mariano is similar, except his "Camo is a good option but not right now" is a bit odd (as NP pointed out). I can't really think of why a mafian would be this hesitant, though, unless Camo and Mariano are scumbuddies (not worth entertaining until there is more solid evidence). In the last game or two, people were finding Mariano scummy because he wasn't as hesitant on voting as previous games (the ones that I didn't play), right? This seems to be in character for him.

Jabber is also being super aggressive, which is slightly OOC.
Super aggressive is a gross overstatement. Jabber is generally somewhat aggressive and asks a wide array of questions as town, which is why I've been reading him as inno.

Have you finished rereading the thread yet?
Nope. It'll happen.

Being less active shouldn't mean you suddenly resort to making posts of basically fluff.
There we go! Here's the first example that I can remember of Gekki contributing in a meaningful and original way this game.
I did comment on them; I said that his contributions are spamming and are not actually going to produce true results. I suppose I didn't say anything on Megapod or Mariano, though. I think the whole Megapod thing is garbage, and it's just being fueled by his response to Camo which are pretty standard for the first game that people ever play with him. Mariano is similar, except his "Camo is a good option but not right now" is a bit odd (as NP pointed out). I can't really think of why a mafian would be this hesitant, though, unless Camo and Mariano are scumbuddies (not worth entertaining until there is more solid evidence). In the last game or two, people were finding Mariano scummy because he wasn't as hesitant on voting as previous games (the ones that I didn't play), right? This seems to be in character for him.
So you've got plenty of townreads and an OMGUS on Camo. You'll have to do better than that.
Nope. It'll happen.
bb I've been giving you the benefit of the doubt and FoS on everybody who's been pressuring you based solely on the fact that I know you're incredibly busy IRL and probably just haven't been following the game closely enough. That's not gonna last forever. Read the thread.

There we go! Here's the first example that I can remember of Gekki contributing in a meaningful and original way this game.
That, plus me asking poking Camo for reasons, poking jplap for reasons, my reads list, and my response to your post...

Guys, just to let you know. I have a power outage in my home (I'm on the phone now), it's been 12 hours without electricity. I haven't read anything today. I will catch up when electricity returns.

True, otherwise I'd be scumreading you since you're usually active. Still, even with this in mind, you will remain on my null list since I haven't seen much from you.
That's fair.
Mariano gives off the very same vibe from last game (though he did flip town so it's not strong at all), and like Camo has pointed out, BB's been unusually fluffy. Reminds me of D1 last game with all the cake gifs...
The buddying with you was the strange bandwagon earlier, not the signature thing. The signature thing changes nothing. That+the fact that he hasn't done anything useful=a case.
I don't believe that was buddying? I think it was strange for him to "agree" with me one an RVS, which just makes me believe he has no idea what he's doing, but w/e.
Being less active shouldn't mean you suddenly resort to making posts of basically fluff.
This wasn't the only thing I said in that post, though.

Guys, just to let you know. I have a power outage in my home (I'm on the phone now), it's been 12 hours without electricity. I haven't read anything today. I will catch up when electricity returns.
Well, no reason to keep a pressure vote on you then.

##UNVOTE:
##VOTE: bbninjas

##UNVOTE
##VOTE bbninjas

As I said before I'm okay with this lynch if nothing goes anywhere. The day one lynch case is typically bullshit anyway and someone has to die. Long as it isn't me, I really don't care who it is. For a day one case, it's decent enough.

There's really not much to say to this case on me. Apparently experienced players must be pinnacle in moving the town discussion along, especially when they can't be as active as they like.

Experienced players should be helping move things along. Almost a third of our players are new. What would you have them do, stay in RVS forever? Camoclone's point was that out of all the posts you have made so far, none of them have had any substance to them, not that your activity has been lacking.

Sorry, this should be L-3.

What? Four votes, and L-3? Isn't it eight to lynch? Please go back and edit your vote count post.

What? Four votes, and L-3? Isn't it eight to lynch? Please go back and edit your vote count post.
Ah good, I wasn't going crazy. The vote count is still relevant up to that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back