Finished Mafia XLIII - Battle of the Royal Palace ~ GAME OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I like to keep the help tab to keep myself informed of the terms. Other than the previous dialogue in this chat, I haven't experienced a mafia game.

@scattered mind I say nolynch because it is day one and besides the OMGUS scandal, there isn't really any other evidence for potential scum.
How would No Lynch help us at all? Tomorrow, we'd be in the exact same situation as today, just with one townie gone because of the Nightkill.

That is true. But the one townie that is gone would help find scum, but if there is a mislynch, it would be potentially two townie gone instead of one.

But a mislynch would give us information on the alignments of some players (based on how they voted, and who they voted for). The Nightkill wouldn't.

In addition, the lynch is they only way townies can eliminate scum. Even if there is only a 30% of the lynch being successful, 30% is higher than 0%.

But a mislynch would give us information on the alignments of some players (based on how they voted, and who they voted for). The Nightkill wouldn't.

In addition, the lynch is they only way townies can eliminate scum. Even if there is only a 30% of the lynch being successful, 30% is higher than 0%.

How did you come up with 30%?

I personally don't like the scattered lynch because scattered seemed aggressive? (I dunno if that's the right word), in the beginning, but I think he had every right to since nobody else contributed so its merely just trying to get conversation rolling. Sure it can be considered taking a leadership role, by leading people to talk.. not be silent.

What are people's thoughts on a Nebby lynch actually? Crazy idea that I just came up with, the reasoning is a bit eccentric, but hey why not throw it out there. Theres the obvious which is that nebby dodged blakers' question, which is kinda scummy-ish. The OMGUS thing is there too, but thats prob a newbie thing so yea. But anyways, my thought is that nebby, as a passive player, won't contribute to discussion much since they won't post if you don't ask them a question. A townie that is more talkative is probably more helpful to town than a less talkative one, just because they can probably grasp more subtle things than others who are just answering questions. So if we lynch like a player thats not very talkative AND seems a bit scummy, then you get whatever percentage of scum lynch there (not sure how NP got 30%) AND you get to keep the talkative players which may have better discussion tomorrow in hopes of finding scum with (hopefully) more clues. Some points made in this chunk of text can be applied to Rainy as well, since he's also playing a passive game.

How did you come up with 30%?
I'm a townie, so I won't lynch myself. 11 remaining players with three scum (typical number, any more or any less is unbalanced at this size) yields a 27% chance of lynching scum. The OP seems to confirm an indie, which I'm counting as a 50-50 good lynch (since it could be pro-town or anti-town), or 4% good lynch. Combine 27 and 4 and it's about thirty.
What are people's thoughts on a Nebby lynch actually? Crazy idea that I just came up with, the reasoning is a bit eccentric, but hey why not throw it out there. Theres the obvious which is that nebby dodged blakers' question, which is kinda scummy-ish. The OMGUS thing is there too, but thats prob a newbie thing so yea. But anyways, my thought is that nebby, as a passive player, won't contribute to discussion much since they won't post if you don't ask them a question. A townie that is more talkative is probably more helpful to town than a less talkative one, just because they can probably grasp more subtle things than others who are just answering questions. So if we lynch like a player thats not very talkative AND seems a bit scummy, then you get whatever percentage of scum lynch there (not sure how NP got 30%) AND you get to keep the talkative players which may have better discussion tomorrow in hopes of finding scum with (hopefully) more clues. Some points made in this chunk of text can be applied to Rainy as well, since he's also playing a passive game.
I'd prefer Rainy, but I was considering this idea too. Nebby is new, though, and should be given some time to become more active/improve.

What about scattered strikes you as scummy in particular? What is different about him this time compared to others?

Doesn't pursue this.

NP, I don't love the rainy case, since I think that a lot of the points on rainy could be contributed to apathetic town right now and are alignment neutral. What makes rainy not trying to improve, not scumhunting, or disappearing unless called on scummy, as opposed to being an apathetic town?

Dismissing a case before giving the accused player to respond.

-----

Nebby needs to respond regardless, his disappearance is weird.

Doesn't pursue this.
In all fairness, Quaking can't pursue this because rainy hasn't responded.

The dismissing a case/providing a defense point is good, though. It shows a connection between rainy and Quaking, and is overall a scummy thing for Quaking to do.

In all fairness, Quaking can't pursue this because rainy hasn't responded.

Maybe I used the wrong word. I meant that he didn't remind Rainy to answer. It's a minor point that I think often can happen to scumbuddies, where you ask your scumbuddy a question, but you don't bother insisting on getting the answer. It can happen to town, though, from different reasons of course (just not remembering it). It just gets a bit stronger if you take the second point into consideration.

Dismissing a case before giving the accused player to respond.
The dismissing a case/providing a defense point is good, though. It shows a connection between rainy and Quaking, and is overall a scummy thing for Quaking to do.
I dismissed the case because rainy hadn't been active for around 16 hours, and we needed to progress the game, since we had about 48 hours left and we were nowhere near a lynch, as well as not thinking too highly of the case.
Maybe I used the wrong word. I meant that he didn't remind Rainy to answer. It's a minor point that I think often can happen to scumbuddies, where you ask your scumbuddy a question, but you don't bother insisting on getting the answer. It can happen to town, though, from different reasons of course (just not remembering it). It just gets a bit stronger if you take the second point into consideration.
Rainy hasn't replied to the thread since Friday and hasn't been active for 24 hours. I didn't feel a need to remind him, since he hasn't posted here since I asked and I hadn't looked when he was last on until this post. Had he posted without answer, I would have called him out for dodging.

You never explained your vote on me like I asked you to, and you dodged my question about your experience, asking how it was relevant. And as for NP's question, is there anything more you would use to describe your playstyle other than "passive"?

And if I'm not mistaken, all you've done with your posts is talk about your playstyle and defend yourself. So let me ask you this: Do you have anyone who is sticking out as likely to be scum? If so, why?

So, to sum all of this up, here's what I'd like to see from you:
  • Explain the thought process behind your vote on me
  • Can you expand upon your description of your playstyle? Anything besides "passive"?
  • Scumreads - who and why?
1. My thought process on voting you is the fact you voted for me because I was inactive for a day.
2. I already have explained my playstyle, if I don't have anythign relevant to say, I don't say anything at all
3. None

1. My thought process on voting you is the fact you voted for me because I was inactive for a day.
2. I already have explained my playstyle, if I don't have anythign relevant to say, I don't say anything at all
3. None

You have nothing at all to say about all the things that happened until now?

Rainy hasn't replied to the thread since Friday and hasn't been active for 24 hours. I didn't feel a need to remind him, since he hasn't posted here since I asked and I hadn't looked when he was last on until this post. Had he posted without answer, I would have called him out for dodging.
And this is why Rainy is a much better inactive lynch than Nebby. At least Nebby's posting.

I'm still in the air about Rainy or scattered. If nothing large comes up in the next 8 hours, scattered should probably claim, as the votes seem to be towards lynching him atm.

3. None
  1. So, you have your vote on me because I placed an RVS vote for pressure?
  2. Everyone who has been active has been analyzing the posts and finding relevant things to say.
  3. Scattered beat me to the punch. And you don't have me as a scumread, despite your vote having stayed on me for the entirety of the day?

##UNVOTE: scattered mind
##VOTE: Nebby Baggington

There is more relevant evidence for Nebby than scattered besides sheer votes. The only other option for me right now is rainy.

Okay, I'm pretty much caught up with the game now. Sadly I have to switch over to my phone and I don't like using PB on my phone. So uh, my thoughts are coming later.

All of them are an option, I just think Nebby is the best choice for right now because they have multiple signs of being scum and have had a chance to defend themselves, unlike rainy who is currently not responding.

Now that my last 2 irl days of random pop-up busyness are over, I can actually post instead of just reading!

##UNVOTE: LC/Dragon of Destiny

@Jadethepokemontrainer What posts have caught your eye as scummy so far?

##VOTE Blakers then because I was on my phone this morning, and it's a lot harder to post to pokebeach on a S3 than use Discord
OMGUS. Of course I realize people have been talking about it, I just wanted to add this. Small FoS here. People said this could be a newbie mistake, but he's also said he's not new to mafia, correct?

My thought process on voting you is the fact you voted for me because I was inactive for a day.
And the reason he voted you was to pressure you to speak.

You don't think anyone is scummy?

Nebby's active(ish) on here, but isn't contributing to the town whatsoever. All he's done is pop in to defend himself. I realize I haven't been contributing either, but I mean to change that.

All of them are an option, I just think Nebby is the best choice for right now because they have multiple signs of being scum and have had a chance to defend themselves, unlike rainy who is currently not responding.
Agreed with this. Nebby is really the only one I'm reading as scum. I don't think the cases on Rainy and Scattered are as strong as his. Everyone else I'm reading either as town or neutral.

##VOTE: Nebby Baggington

1. So, you have your vote on me because I placed an RVS vote for pressure?
  2. Everyone who has been active has been analyzing the posts and finding relevant things to say.
  3. Scattered beat me to the punch. And you don't have me as a scumread, despite your vote having stayed on me for the entirety of the day?

You have nothing at all to say about all the things that happened until now?
Oops. Didn't notice you guys had replied to Nebby already. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back