Finished Mafia XLII: War of the Gods ~ GAME OVER ~ Town wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why bbninjas? Is that vote related to the sentence in the same post? (and how, obviously).
At the end of Day 1 there is a clear connection between NP and bb. I believe that those two players are the scummiest. In regards to nightkills, they're two players who actually think through things very strategically. NP killing you is ultimate WIFOM -- you thought he was scum, so he would be taking out a voice for his lynch, while also taking guilt away from himself because logically no one would kill one of the main voices calling for their lynch. bb, on the other hand, advantages from your kill because you were one of the main voices which sometimes disagreed with him, and with you and me out of the picture he'll be able to dominate the game. But I always die before bb when he's scum (including last game when he purposefully tried to break the trend :p) so he doesn't nightkill me when he's scum. lol.

Heads up Im in my hometown which has extremely limited connectivity to the internet. i may not be able to pop up often

At the end of Day 1 there is a clear connection between NP and bb. I believe that those two players are the scummiest. In regards to nightkills, they're two players who actually think through things very strategically. NP killing you is ultimate WIFOM -- you thought he was scum, so he would be taking out a voice for his lynch, while also taking guilt away from himself because logically no one would kill one of the main voices calling for their lynch. bb, on the other hand, advantages from your kill because you were one of the main voices which sometimes disagreed with him, and with you and me out of the picture he'll be able to dominate the game. But I always die before bb when he's scum (including last game when he purposefully tried to break the trend :p) so he doesn't nightkill me when he's scum. lol.

Lol, ok. But this is still something that can be assigned with nk speculations and WIFOM, at least without giving evidence/quotes showing that connection clearly.

First things first, if there is a doctor or someone with a BPV out there (not Cel) who blocked the kill, please CC Cel. Getting a one-to-one scum-townie trade is almost always worth it.
If there is no other doctor/BPV (meaning that Cel blocked the kill), the chances of Cel being scum are fairly unlikely, yet still there.
@Celever Can you quote your action submission and kill blocking PM? I don't envision them helping scum very much now that you've claimed.

I won't make a proper case until I wait a day or so, to see if there are counterclaims and see Cel's PMs. After that, I'll decide if I can trust him blocking the kill (and therefore being a townie). If I don't trust him, I'll build a proper case.

First things first, if there is a doctor or someone with a BPV out there (not Cel) who blocked the kill, please CC Cel. Getting a one-to-one scum-townie trade is almost always worth it.
If there is no other doctor/BPV (meaning that Cel blocked the kill), the chances of Cel being scum are fairly unlikely, yet still there.
@Celever Can you quote your action submission and kill blocking PM? I don't envision them helping scum very much now that you've claimed.
No. There are stipulations to it which will help scum even though the ability is locked. Here, have my target PM though:
Nah, not targetting HW. Targetting scattered.
The fact that you're doubting the doctor is hilarious. Like, genuinely hilarious. If a scum is foolish enough to counterclaim we can cross the bridge -- until then, assume I'm town. That's how this procedure works.

No. There are stipulations to it which will help scum even though the ability is locked. Here, have my target PM though:

The fact that you're doubting the doctor is hilarious. Like, genuinely hilarious. If a scum is foolish enough to counterclaim we can cross the bridge -- until then, assume I'm town. That's how this procedure works.
I have my theory on how you could be an anti-town player. It revolves around a past game. I'll tell you when I've seen things about counterclaims.
Also, does anyone find it strange he mentions HW in the PM, even though he's subbed out for Jesi? It doesn't seem to mean much now, but maybe it could in the future?

I have my theory on how you could be an anti-town player. It revolves around a past game. I'll tell you when I've seen things about counterclaims.
Also, does anyone find it strange he mentions HW in the PM, even though he's subbed out for Jesi? It doesn't seem to mean much now, but maybe it could in the future?
Jesi didn't say anything yesterday. She was still essentially HW.

Why are you holding up the day? If someone wants to cc they will cc. The sooner you get this ridiculous theory out of the way, the sooner we can start scumhunting.

Nice fishing there NP, in case you are scum. Really, I am serious- this was a very clever scummy fishing, which I don't feel comfortable to say why, but it sure makes me more confident in suspecting you.

Jesi didn't say anything yesterday. She was still essentially HW.

Why are you holding up the day? If someone wants to cc they will cc. The sooner you get this ridiculous theory out of the way, the sooner we can start scumhunting.
CCs won't really affect me saying this theory, so I'll go ahead.
If you are scum and successfully protected scattered, you must be a scum doctor. This normally seems wacky and useless, especially considering the setup probably wouldn't have a vig, but you need to remember TSM's role in Superheroes (scum Doctor). It wouldn't surprise me if DoS wanted to recycle one of his past roles, and made you the scum Doctor.
What happened is that either somebody redirected you to scattered (this is why I asked you for the first PM; the second was to be sure you wouldn't suspect my plan to potentially catch you) or you targeted him for towncred (in a massclaim, saying that you tried to doctor a townie could earn you some towncred)/protecting your buddy, but the kill accidentally was redirected to him, ruining your plan.

CCs won't really affect me saying this theory, so I'll go ahead.
If you are scum and successfully protected scattered, you must be a scum doctor. This normally seems wacky and useless, especially considering the setup probably wouldn't have a vig, but you need to remember TSM's role in Superheroes (scum Doctor). It wouldn't surprise me if DoS wanted to recycle one of his past roles, and made you the scum Doctor.
What happened is that either somebody redirected you to scattered (this is why I asked you for the first PM; the second was to be sure you wouldn't suspect my plan to potentially catch you) or you targeted him for towncred (in a massclaim, saying that you tried to doctor a townie could earn you some towncred)/protecting your buddy, but the kill accidentally was redirected to him, ruining your plan.
lol. Scum doctors don't exist. TSM in Superheroes was an omniguard, which has scum utilisation. But if you want to try and test out this theory, let's just wait for someone to claim I was redirected, then?
You successfully protected Scattered Mind. Your Role has been updated
This is my results PM (the role update is my ability getting locked, and there's no period in the original PM). Don't you think they would include a note if there were a redirect?

Seriously, this is getting pretty tinfoil.

The WIFOM logic war is real.

Scum doctors exist. My game was one example, and I certainly didn't invent the wheel- tgk was scum doctor in one game, that I don't remember the name of it atm.
Still, WIFOM. NP should first make a case to justify this speculation, and it is NP who needs to do it, because he is the one who accuses, out of the two. So lets work this out like a fair trial.

The WIFOM logic war is real.

Scum doctors exist. My game was one example, and I certainly didn't invent the wheel- tgk was scum doctor in one game, that I don't remember the name of it atm.
Still, WIFOM. NP should first make a case to justify this speculation, and it is NP who needs to do it, because he is the one who accuses, out of the two. So lets work this out like a fair trial.
I was simply saying scum doctors specifically don't exist. They can exist in safeclaims, or with additional stipulations, but those turn the doctors into other roles like omniguards or jailers. Scum doctors are something I can't remember ever coming into, and aren't in any traditional setups, simply because they wouldn't have a use. Especially one-shot doctors -- that would become entirely useless on scum.

And yeah, I said that he needs to justify the speculation too, but was ignored. This is the most tinfoil thing ever, and it's actually fairly humorous.

There's no reason to specifically believe my explaination is true. If Celever is scum (as my read on his play says) and still protected scattered, this is the only option.
Also, you can't claim that the hosts would write in your PM that you were redirected, because you would obviously lie if you were scum.

That being said, I don't think that it's the most likely option. I just wish to point out the possibilities, in case someone did redirect you to scattered or someone else to scattered.

Funny that scattered was the kill target. ##VOTE: bbninjas
So pretty much you think I'm scum because I might be scumbuddies with NP (who may or may not be scum), because the scum made the most obvious Night 1 kill choice* and because you didn't die**?

Apart from this being the most weirdest and subjective WIFOM we've seen all game, you literally were the one who would consistently get up me for even daring to speculate about nightkills in any past game, so I am quite honestly baffled by whatever you're trying to achieve right now. Like, you're not even pursuing NP... you're pursuing me,partially because you think NP and I are scumbuddies based on what NP has done. Like, what?

*First, scattered is fairly consistently killed early during the Night, and is generally killed earlier when I'm not scum. Secondly, please give some suggestions of players who people not-NP and not-bb would have likely killed instead of scattered. Thirdly, GM Drac and lorde both think hard about the kills, and I think Jesi, morda and IE would as well. Not that this kill was a particularly thought-out one in the first place...

**And because you normally die before me when I'm scum, scum me would go out of my way to make sure you die after me, which apart from this assumption falling apart if I'm not scum, and apart from this being extremely WIFOMy, and apart from you being the only person who really goes on about this, and apart from a whole bunch of other reasons... yeah, this makes tons of sense. >.>

Lol, ok. But this is still something that can be assigned with nk speculations and WIFOM, at least without giving evidence/quotes showing that connection clearly.
This ^

This Celever-could-be-scum-claiming-doctor-but-scum-cant-be-doctors is nonsense. Scum can have actions that block all nightactions, not just nightkills. Oh, look, that's pretty much a doctor. Scum could just not kill anyone and fake a doctor. Scum could get their nightkill blocked and claim a doctor so that they're not outed as a block.
tl;dr, scum can be and can claim doctors very easily.

Well, is Celever lying? If he is, he either got blocked as speculated above, or he's for some reason assuming town don't have a doctor, and scum Celever would never risk a counterclaim this early unless he knew for certain that he wouldn't get counterclaimed. scattered is also the obvious kill target and thus if you had a doctor role, that is who you should've targeted anyway.

And, plus, his post above is so ridiculous that I think that scum Celever would have at least thought things through.

So, beyond a counterclaim or if he was blocked (which, btw, is unlikely, as NP makes most sense as a block target for a townie), you don't have much reason to believe that Celever's actually scum. Probably not indie either, because claiming doctor is a great way to get yourself killed. :D (Indies don't normally want to get killed.)

I also appear to have the same idol as NP, which effectively means that my vote is never out-of-play, which isn't really a problem for me. But ##UNVOTE ##VOTE: scattered as a placeholder. No, I'm not too sure who is scum atm, I'd have to look into it properly.

The only way it's even possible for scattered to be scum is if I am too, which you spent a whole post trying to prove I'm not. Has logic taken its leave or something?

And I don't think the scum are NP, Celever or scattered. The scum are most likely hiding among the least vocal letting the vocal players screw themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back