News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

I am tired of Meowth. Give a new Pokémon some love in the tcg. There has been a Meowth in 8 of the last 11 sets. It was in ROS AOR BKT BKP GEN FCO STS EVO SUM GUR SM3. Also, the only ultra rares I pulled out of the first three Black and White sets were 2 Secret Rare Meowth.

Crikey! We seem to be getting Meowth and Persian in nearly every set!

Roaring Skies, Ancient Origins, BREAKthrough, Generations, Fates Collide, Steam Siege, Sun & Moon...

Persian did have an ex-card back in EX Unseen Forces, but I agree with you! I really want Persian to get a GX, preferably Alolan Persian because it's so cute, but I wouldn't mind normal Persian!
How about... Rocket's Persian ex from Team Rocket returns?

So I am a tiny bit worried that they are no longer going to print alolan forms just how they abruptly stopped ancient traits. We can see from this we could be in trouble if we evere want to see alolan forms again.

An interesting form of energy denial, as long as your opponent doesn't have the ability to switch this will make great combos with team skull grunt

Saw someone mention this card may make Snorlax GX playable.. wouldn't that be a sight!

Last edited by a moderator:
So I am a tiny bit worried that they are no longer going to print alolan forms just how they abruptly stopped ancient traits. We can see from this we could be in trouble if we evere want to see alolan forms again.

I doubt they live past the SM era, but I do hope that if we get another remake 3DS game that it doesn't drown them out early. As a nechanic they really aren't any different from any other Pokemon, unlike the ancient traits. They just have a different name and the basics have been getting free attacks, but it's not quite the same level as thing like Ace Specs or Ancient Traits, so that may actually help us see more of them.

I'm really a fan of them though because they being me back to my days playing in the Delta Species format where Pokemon had abnormal typings. Used to run the Fighting type Kingdra EX in those days, so something like an Ice type Ninetales GX, or potential other Alolan variants, greatly appeal to my nostalgia.

Don't forget alolan grimer is in this set too, so I don't think they're slowing down yet.

I am tired of Meowth. Give a new Pokémon some love in the tcg. There has been a Meowth in 8 of the last 11 sets. It was in ROS AOR BKT BKP GEN FCO STS EVO SUM GUR SM3. Also, the only ultra rares I pulled out of the first three Black and White sets were 2 Secret Rare Meowth.
I really get the Meowth hatred, I really do, but you almost have to excuse the Alolan Meowth, it was sort of inevitable

I doubt they live past the SM era, but I do hope that if we get another remake 3DS game that it doesn't drown them out early. As a nechanic they really aren't any different from any other Pokemon, unlike the ancient traits. They just have a different name and the basics have been getting free attacks, but it's not quite the same level as thing like Ace Specs or Ancient Traits, so that may actually help us see more of them.

I'm really a fan of them though because they being me back to my days playing in the Delta Species format where Pokemon had abnormal typings. Used to run the Fighting type Kingdra EX in those days, so something like an Ice type Ninetales GX, or potential other Alolan variants, greatly appeal to my nostalgia.
It's not just basics, Alolan Persian had a free attack

I think that it will continue for at least a little longer. They normally create new functions that have lasted a while. ACE SPECs lasted a while, BREAKs lasted a while as well. Ancient traits were only featured during the sets celebrating Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (AOr, RoS, and PCl). I will admit however, it is more of free attacking that is the tech, not Alolan form. Free GX Attack?
Maybe we'll have a couple of sets later on that celebrate the new remake game.

Another Quaking Punch, of frickin' course. Yeah, it's not a DCE attack and it's on a Stage 1, BUT STILL.

Also, the GX attack's name is Boomburst. Just sayin'.

I cant believe the new Toad is here but what to call it im going with draco. this card i think will be played a lot the only problem is double dragon energy is a necessity in this deck because you would need to get 1 psychic and 1 dark energy. the next problem is that sylveon gx will be used and noivern gx is weak to sylveon. other than that this card is great :D

Back