Finished Mafia XLI: Fight for the Dazzling Star ~ Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is fluff. You seem to enjoy putting this type of thing in your posts (or at least two of them), which, while it's good that you're having fun, that takes away from contribution and stalls the town.

Stalls the town. Are you serious?
Because i put in a minor joke?
The question and my point still stands. Despite the pun.

Also scatterd i kinda have to agree with Jesi here. You are kinda just analysing everyything Celever is saying and turning it somehow.

Stalls the town. Are you serious?
Because i put in a minor joke?
The question and my point still stands. Despite the pun.

Also scatterd i kinda have to agree with Jesi here. You are kinda just analysing everyything Celever is saying and turning it somehow.
I don't know if Volkswagen exists in Canada, so it could be the source of the confusion.

So I come back from school and see this... I don't even know what to call it.
##UNVOTE: Jade
##VOTE: TSM

Was gonna vote Cypher, but clicked his profile and noticed that he's not lurking or anything, he's just not here at all, since Friday. Jade, while seeming scummy to me, looks as though he's at least trying his best, and TSM hasn't really answered any questions on him yet and he is my top scum read. Jesi is also appaearing slightly scummy, Might be a scum buddy with LC. Not quoting anything as I gotta leave for my next class (I ride the bus between my 1st and 2nd period classes) in like a minute.
The TSM bit has been said multiple times before, so echoing. However, I'm curious, why would Jesi and LC be scum buddies together?
Dodging. You're on 1/2.
Huh? What is he dodging?
What matters if you lied and exaggerated your way to casting suspicion on a townie. That's a pretty scummy thing to do, dontcha think? ^w^
This makes no sense, your attitude shift is enough to be provocative to other players something is wrong. Notice this change is after he's gathered votes, and that could just be pressure but I doubt pressure like this would be coming from someone as experienced as yourself.
Celever is extremely aggressive, dodging main points and focusing on reaching on a point that is not important at all, (the idea that I saw this behavior in one or 2 games is irrelevant, also if I had not seen this behavior at all and just thought I did, the behavior still exists now in this game, and this is the main point that Celever just refuses to relate upon). This is as OMGUS a player can go, from what I have seen in Mafia, at least among experienced players.
I agree with pretty much everything here.
Well you see, Camo is my idol and sometimes when I'm feeling down I just impersonate him because it brightens my day.

Or maybe this is my playstyle instead. Either of you wanna be more specific and not just say I'm Camo's #1 mime? Cos that's what I thought scattered was saying when he said I was being aggressive. Clearly you disagree though, so elaboration is great. :)
That first line is fluff. Then compared to last game, you are acting just as aggressively as Camo, thus you are miming what Camo does. This much is true, and scattered is correct about that.
I don't know if Volkswagen exists in Canada, so it could be the source of the confusion.
Why are you continuing useless fluff?

You're OMGUSing again. Not that that is indication of your alignment. More later.
The italics were an excellent use of sarcasm. Unfortunately, as it's a psychological read on Jesi, the existence of italics itself within your post doesn't indicate you, nor does it prove a point.

However, I don't believe OMGUS is possible to do when you accuse a player first. Though it's true that both Jesi and scattered are accusing me, and I am accusing both of them, the OMGUS is on their end.

Also you're not taking up my wager? I bet @double o squirtle will. Welcome to the game! ^w^

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: scattered mind

2 scum already. This is efficient!
Yeah, this is OMGUSy. Celever does this a lot as town. I'm not sure how often he does it as scum, but I assume it'd be similar to his town play cause he's good at replicating it.

If you can't remember the name of the game I think it's unlikely you remember my strategy. ^w^
This is completely untrue. I remember notable events and metas of games without remember the exact game, or even setup, it was from. These games get blurred, at least for me, and I'm surprised you don't sympathise with that, as you often say you have a bad memory.

The other way I know you're lying is because that meta was very specific to the circumstances. In order to win, the scumteam had to stall out the game, not lynch townies. The lynching townies aspect was done for me, since I subbed in late on. Why would this specific strategy have carried over into this other potentially non-existent game? :L
Lying =/= not noticing that the circumstance was specific. In fact, you've accused scattered for lying in this case quite a bit, which is quite a weak way to defend against a case when it's exaggerated and just not true. Besides, it confuses town; just don't do it.

This is a good point, otherwise, because stalling and lurking made the game an autowin against the town who were already sheeping scum. I doesn't make scattered's underlying point moot, however it does mean that the meta read part of it is moot.

Celever is extremely aggressive, dodging main points and focusing on reaching on a point that is not important at all, (the idea that I saw this behavior in one or 2 games is irrelevant, also if I had not seen this behavior at all and just thought I did, the behavior still exists now in this game, and this is the main point that Celever just refuses to relate upon). This is as OMGUS a player can go, from what I have seen in Mafia, at least among experienced players.

I do wonder what other players make of it, as it is a very uncharacteristic behavior what we just witnessed from him, that I have a hard time to analyze.
I don't think that what Celever is doing in response to your case is uncharacteristic, beyond his active lurking and otherwise low activity. His play so far doesn't seem any more aggressive than past games; I was actually thinking less aggressive, which is partially where my active lurking read came from.

I don't think this directly answers the question of "Why the Camo play style?"
Celever pretends he doesn't know what Camo style is.. how fool do you think we are? You know well that you are playing exactly like Camo now. Overly aggressive, not explaining much, sarcastic, and taking things out of context. That is very weird. Not sure what to make of it. That's why I am waiting for other's input. It doesn't necessarily mean you are scum, but that is still very weird and you refuse to give a logical explanation, other than keep being sarcastic.
I think scattered brought this up first, but seriously... Celever is doing nothing like a Camo play style. Camo is ten times worse. Camo posts tons of short posts, is a lot more aggressive, doesn't explain anything, etc. Celever is a sarcastic person, tends to be aggressive, only didn't explain something once (I think) - which is a ironically a strategy to gather reads and cause reactions (it worked this game!), etc.

So let's stop comparing Cel's play to Camo's play; because it's not true.

I've seen it mentioned before that this sort of behaviour––tagging others for inactivity/lurking––is sort of scummy and bad, the example of this I remember being on TGK in PMJ's TCG game. Why are you doing this now?
scattered mentioning which game his example belonged to is pro-town imo, since he's bothered enough about this case to find out, despite not agreeing with your point.

So being a jerk who is way more aggressive than need be is something you idolize? o_O"
It's sarcasm. He's contrasting two possible explanations - him idolising Camo (who he absolutely does not idolise) or it actually being his playstyle.

This is fluff. You seem to enjoy putting this type of thing in your posts (or at least two of them), which, while it's good that you're having fun, that takes away from contribution and stalls the town.
That first line is fluff. Then compared to last game, you are acting just as aggressively as Camo, thus you are miming what Camo does. This much is true, and scattered is correct about that.
Noooo it isn't, for both of these. Fluff is only fluff if it's the only thing the person is posting. The stuff you are referring to fluff, Jesi, only will stall town if someone else causes it to stall town. On the other hand, mirdo has definitely been contributing - I anticipate his posts - and Celever has been contributing, by defending his case and making another one (even if it's a bit silly, imo).

If I'm missing something, please ping me, because I finished this in a rush because school.

>.>

Bolded. I agree with this.

I do wonder what other players make of it, as it is a very uncharacteristic behavior what we just witnessed from him, that I have a hard time to analyze.
I don't think that what Celever is doing in response to your case is uncharacteristic, beyond his active lurking and otherwise low activity. His play so far doesn't seem any more aggressive than past games; I was actually thinking less aggressive, which is partially where my active lurking read came from.

I don't think this directly answers the question of "Why the Camo play style?"
Celever pretends he doesn't know what Camo style is.. how fool do you think we are? You know well that you are playing exactly like Camo now. Overly aggressive, not explaining much, sarcastic, and taking things out of context. That is very weird. Not sure what to make of it. That's why I am waiting for other's input. It doesn't necessarily mean you are scum, but that is still very weird and you refuse to give a logical explanation, other than keep being sarcastic.
I think scattered brought this up first, but seriously... Celever is doing nothing like a Camo play style. Camo is ten times worse. Camo posts tons of short posts, is a lot more aggressive, doesn't explain anything, etc. Celever is a sarcastic person, tends to be aggressive, only didn't explain something once (I think) - which is a ironically a strategy to gather reads and cause reactions (it worked this game!), etc.

So let's stop comparing Cel's play to Camo's play; because it's not true.

I've seen it mentioned before that this sort of behaviour––tagging others for inactivity/lurking––is sort of scummy and bad, the example of this I remember being on TGK in PMJ's TCG game. Why are you doing this now?
scattered mentioning which game his example belonged to is pro-town imo, since he's bothered enough about this case to find out, despite not agreeing with your point.

So being a jerk who is way more aggressive than need be is something you idolize? o_O"
It's sarcasm. He's contrasting two possible explanations - him idolising Camo (who he absolutely does not idolise) or it actually being his playstyle.

Noooo it isn't, for both of these. Fluff is only fluff if it's the only thing the person is posting. The stuff you are referring to fluff, Jesi, only will stall town if someone else causes it to stall town. On the other hand, mirdo has definitely been contributing - I anticipate his posts - and Celever has been contributing, by defending his case and making another one (even if it's a bit silly, imo).

If I'm missing something, please ping me, because I finished this in a rush because school.[/QUOTE]

The italics were an excellent use of sarcasm. Unfortunately, as it's a psychological read on Jesi, the existence of italics itself within your post doesn't indicate you, nor does it prove a point.
What are you referring to?

However, I don't believe OMGUS is possible to do when you accuse a player first. Though it's true that both Jesi and scattered are accusing me, and I am accusing both of them, the OMGUS is on their end.
This is an outrageous and actually scummy statement. It is very clear that scattered pursued you and you voted them when they put a case on you. This, in its essence, is OMGUS, and you should know that.

He says as the whole post is purposely in italics. You trying to say something here?
Also, I don't see what's wrong with BB's use of italics. I read it as exaggeration on the word as if he were speaking in real life.

The stuff you are referring to fluff, Jesi, only will stall town if someone else causes it to stall town.
Oops. I just wanted to help. >_<"

What are you referring to?
Oh, you used that twice in your post, one italicised. I misread it as a political statement. :p
This is an outrageous and actually scummy statement. It is very clear that scattered pursued you and you voted them when they put a case on you. This, in its essence, is OMGUS, and you should know that.
IDK, my memory's bad. Maybe I'll reread the thread in a bit. I've had 3 and a half hours of exams today, all essay-based, and the posts in this game were displaced in my mind by quotes I had to cram in order to quote them in English.

garlanded like an idol
act like the innocent flower and be the serpent under't
a little water will wash us of this deed
"bollocks to the rules!"

Also bb your posts are dope and well-reasoned, but you also just dissipated all of the pressure I built up >.< We need to communicate better in the scumchat smh. No but really it's a little inconvenient because the point on Jesi still totally stands.

Also bb your posts are dope and well-reasoned, but you also just dissipated all of the pressure I built up >.< We need to communicate better in the scumchat smh. No but really it's a little inconvenient because the point on Jesi still totally stands.
##Unvote

I honestly can't tell if you posted this in the wrong place, are being extremely sarcastic, or you're a jester. We got a lead boys~

literally hahahahaha

a little water will wash us of this deed
"bollocks to the rules!"
I don't know about you guys, but I didn't see any of this in the last game or really any game I've played with Celever. Seems scummy to me just cuz it's not how I seen him play, I dont think he just puts often a lot of small text beneath his messages.

Hello ^^ Now for the most part, I just sorta ran through the thread. So I may have missed something.
##Vote: TheSceptileMaster
You could've at least stated a reason (weird or legit) with that to help with RVS.
True that I am a very frequent discord mafia player. In those games of four, one inactive player completely unbalances the game, so its best to get them in there.
Seeing as you're inexperienced in forum mafia games, I think this is a good defence. However, it still doesn't really give you a reason for why you were sheeping.
I understand that you've lost really early because of actions in past games, but not making any isn't better than making weird actions. Why would you admit to doing nothing in such a crucial time in the game? To learn, you need to actually make moves and actively do things in the game. Choosing to bandwagon off of other people is not really learning how to play the game. Ask questions, fill another player's shoes, etc. Voluntarily choosing to do nothing, and waste time is worse than doing something that looks weird, and it is most definitely not helping you learn. ##UNVOTE: Little Cherrim ##VOTE: rainyman123
While choosing to not do anything is p bad, iirc in one of the discord mafia games, when I was saying I didn't want to defend because there was nothing to be said, you said something along the lines of this post. Rainy agreed with me, and he was town in that game. You were there, you should know he plays like this. So, imo, you're just trying to find an easy target.

And then of course, with rainy's playstyle it's kinda hard to read him as town or scum so I don't have a read on him. :/
My reads so far are:

Scum(ish):
Jade

Less Scum(ish):
TSM
Rainy
BBninja (let's call it more a case of "Camo-ritis" (I always have suspecions about people who take the lead in a game quite heavily. Not really a scum read. Only a bit suspicion)

Town(ish):
Celever (I don't think a scum role would have that kind of a VW. But again am not that experienced. Correct me if im wrong)
Wow you came up with that p fast. Not sure how to read the timing of it, but I do find reads townie, so... good job.

Celever seems to be acting different than usual, but that might just be because I haven't really played a game with him for a while. While I do think using all italics in a post was a bit unnecessary, the vote weight does give me a townie read so not too sure.

@TheSceptileMaster I know you are on in the Discord chat right now. There is no excuse to not answer my question in thread for you right now.
But now I have a little more to add to those: What do you think about Cel's potential slip and Scattered/BB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back