Finished Mafia XXXVIII: Battle for the Republic (Congratulations Darth Sidious!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please answer the questions. I'll even quote them for you.

(Why shouldn't we lynch you, and who should we lynch instead?)

If you don't come up with a good answer to these/don't reply at all I will vote for you.
hey no threats please. I still don't see how rooting for mafia makes me a primary target, which I am not rooting for mafia anymore. I'm not mafia and I really just wanna at least go to night 2. And also, this is only day 1, how can I possibly explain why I'm not mafia unless I cheated or something? I don't have much to add on to the discussion except that I agree with @bbninjas on what Jesi said was scummy. I still am not super familiar with online mafia, but I know In real life saying that you don't know why you did something just sounds scummy. So I think that Jesi should be lynched. I thought that bbninjas posts were scummy again, because I play a lot in real life. Whenever someone talks a lot, a lot of the time it means they want to take control of everything to go their way, which btw the mafia would like I think.

Yeah a lot of my decisions are based off of expierence In real life. Hopefully I'll be able to learn some key differences.

Jesi's backpedal is scummy, though not out of character for her. I wouldn't vote her for it.
I thought that bbninjas posts were scummy again, because I play a lot in real life. Whenever someone talks a lot, a lot of the time it means they want to take control of everything to go their way, which btw the mafia would like I think.
We said this in Duck Hunt, but post volume is not a scumtell. Most of the reason you are on the chopping block is because you haven't seemed to learn from your mistakes, which is either A) Scum trying to play to your town meta or B) Genuinely not learning (showing a lack of listening). Both of those are anti-town.

Inactive Players: If I literally don't know you're playing, it's not a good thing. We will lose if activity is low.

hey no threats please. I still don't see how rooting for mafia makes me a primary target, which I am not rooting for mafia anymore. I'm not mafia and I really just wanna at least go to night 2. And also, this is only day 1, how can I possibly explain why I'm not mafia unless I cheated or something? I don't have much to add on to the discussion except that I agree with @bbninjas on what Jesi said was scummy. I still am not super familiar with online mafia, but I know In real life saying that you don't know why you did something just sounds scummy. So I think that Jesi should be lynched. I thought that bbninjas posts were scummy again, because I play a lot in real life. Whenever someone talks a lot, a lot of the time it means they want to take control of everything to go their way, which btw the mafia would like I think.
Are you saying you want discussion kept to a minimum?

Tomorrow I want to go for Blakers, Lord o da Rings, or Vracken. Vrac's better than them, but the other two (especially Blakers who posts in other FGs quite often) only seem to post when asked to.

Define "go for Blakers".

I don't really have anything too special to offer up. Rainy is Rainy, so I'm not suspicious of him. Jesi seems to have good intentions, but I am considering placing my vote for Sceptile.

hey no threats please.
You think that's a threat? That's pressure in my eyes.

I still don't see how rooting for mafia makes me a primary target
Because assuming you're town, you're working against your own team so that the bad guys can win.

I'm not mafia and I really just wanna at least go to night 2.
I can understand that you'd want to make it past Day 2, but just saying you're not scum isn't going to suddenly make everyone think you're not scum. It's especially hard to get reads and results on Day 1.

Is it just me or does rainy's play remind anyone else of empoleon_master from Vom's game?
I actually read through a bit of that game and you're right...

Tomorrow I want to go for Blakers, Lord o da Rings, or Vracken
I personally don't see anything wrong with Vracken; I'm reading Blakers as new town who's trying to contribute but hasn't been posting much. Not sure where I am on Lorde right now, since she hasn't made enough posts for me to judge.

Ugh, my bad. I should have fact-checked before saying that I was considering voting Sceptile. I thought he was planning to lead a lynch on Rainy for no good reason. Back to the drawing board, then.

@Blakers TheSceptileMaster is not leading the lynch on rainyman123 but they have more or less bandwagoned and have contributed nothing other than wanting to policy lynch. Though as time has gone on, Rainyman123 has done nothing to defend themselves, just posting to post and nothing else.

@thegrovylekid You need to double check your facts TDK, I may not have the highest number of posts, but even that is more than others and that is including the fact I missed the first two days due to outside consequences.

I have let my vote linger too long, so ##Unvote: thegrovylekid

I feel too many players have tunneled so far on the Rainyman123 vote, and others have been too inactive. I hope it picks up on day 2 since this is just so difficult to read at them moment, though from what I understand that is common on day 1. In the meantime I am voting for someone who looks scummy for reasons I previously stated about the desires for a policy lynch. This would go on NinjaPneguin for a similar reason, but at least they have added something outside of just lynching Rainyman123.

##Vote: TheScpetileMaster

@thegrovylekid You need to double check your facts TDK, I may not have the highest number of posts, but even that is more than others and that is including the fact I missed the first two days due to outside consequences.
Sorry Vrac >.>

I thought you only had two posts for some reason, though your posts are also really really good so I'll definitely not be going for you.

Are you saying you want discussion kept to a minimum?

Tomorrow I want to go for Blakers, Lord o da Rings, or Vracken. Vrac's better than them, but the other two (especially Blakers who posts in other FGs quite often) only seem to post when asked to.
no I just think that everyone should probably have somewhere near the same amount of posts. It makes me think the person is scummy if they post/talk more than other people.

I don't know. Just because. That's just a thought based on my opinion. Based on what I think, if I was mafia, I'd keeping Posting down to about what everyone else is posting.

I just feel kind of stuck because I'm really new at mafia and my first thoughts on how to play were uh, pretty bad and it seemed I don't know what to say to recover from my situation.

I just feel kind of stuck because I'm really new at mafia and my first thoughts on how to play were uh, pretty bad and it seemed I don't know what to say to recover from my situation.
Really, it all started when you said you root for the mafia.

Mafia players play to win. So by cheering for the mafia, if you're town, you aren't playing to win.

Yes I know you've seen the error there, so please consider this a learning opportunity for future games which I hope you will take part in! :)

The best thing you can do in your situation is tell us who we should vote for that isn't you, and base your case for them off of their post, rather than anything theoretical.

I can see you're trying here. This is a hard game to get into at first.

It's kind of hard right now to post anything but a theory as anything said now is all just a guess. I'm kind of leaning towards @TheSceptileMaster and @PikaMasterJesi seeing there posts from earlier and i sorta agree with what @bbninjas and others are saying. Sorry I normally don't post HUGE posts because even just posting a large paragraph like I did before can crash my iPad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back