Finished Mafia XXXVIII: Battle for the Republic (Congratulations Darth Sidious!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This TGK-Blakers thing is interesting. If one of them flips scum, I could see this being TGK wanting his scum buddy to contribute.

That makes sense, but hasn't thegrovylekid been around for a while? An experienced player would know better than to call attention to their partner for fear of giving themselves away.

Whoops:

This may have been pointed out, but Rainy, if you really read the rules, you would've known not to edit...
Quite a few new players end up editing in their first game. Either because they think they can get away with it, or because they just missed it in the rules altogether.

Also, I'm not too sure where I stand with the tagging situation. I think it's a little suspicious, but I don't really know whether to pursue it just yet or not.
##UNVOTE ##VOTE: Jesi This is scummy. Jesi is sitting between the fence, probably trying to play it safe and scout out what the town thinks, before deciding whether or not to jump on a wagon. The "I'm not too sure" part is fine, but the bolded is scummy.

This TGK-Blakers thing is interesting. If one of them flips scum, I could see this being TGK wanting his scum buddy to contribute.
TGK could have just used the scumchat, if this was the case.

##UNVOTE ##VOTE: Jesi This is scummy. Jesi is sitting between the fence, probably trying to play it safe and scout out what the town thinks, before deciding whether or not to jump on a wagon. The "I'm not too sure" part is fine, but the bolded is scummy.
That's not my intent and it's just how I feel about the tagging. I should've worded myself better.

Day 1 Vote Count:

rainyman123 3 (NinjaPenguin, lord o da rings, TheSceptileMaster, )
scattered mind 0 (simsands, )
Scorched Feathers 1 (quakingpunch73, )
Vracken 2 (Robin Aisaga, )
NinjaPenguin 1 (TheSceptileMaster, PikaMasterJesi, )
Lord o da rings 0 (thegrovylekid, bbninjas, )
PikaMasterJesi 1 (Jabberwock, bbninjas)
Jabberwock 1 (bbninjas, simsands)
bbninjas 1 (Jabberwock, )
thegrovylekid 1 (rainyman123, )
Blakers 0 (thegrovylekid, )

There are 16 players still alive therefore 9 votes are required to lynch.

Current Lynch candidate(s) bolded.

In the event of a tie a randomiser will determine the lynch.

Day 1 ends Wednesday 30th of November @11pm AEST time.

Ok, sorry for being away, I was travelling so didn't have internet access for the last couple of days. Sorry everyone

Initial opinions
So far, looking at mostly surface information TDK looks suspicious to me, after his attention focus on to one player was pointed out, he shifted focus onto another. He wasn't flagged as scum by those actions, so I will look into it some more, however attention shifting like that is strange, I don't know about others since I haven't dealt with that before but it reads as scummy to me. That said, I was inactive at the time so it makes sense to try and get me active, something I believe TDK has done in other games. Beyond that TDK has contributed nothing so far despite calling out others for not contributing themselves which also reads scummy. I need to look further but that is my initial perception.

Jesi also has a scum read on her for saying no opinion then clearly saying they have an opinion, then responding to being called out but not making any decision after that call out. This is something I really want to look into so Jesi is my secondary read.

Otherwise I am looking into ninjapenguin for attempting to start a policy lynch right from the get go. I can understand a new player thinking that is the right call, but calling for a policy lynch that early rings out as scummy to me.

With that being said, there was a lot of posting done, so it is going to take a little longer for me to analyse this a little deeper since I want to go through each player some more.

So, ##Vote: thegrovylekid
@thegrovylekid I want to hear what your opinion is now if you don't mind
In the meantime I will have a further look into others

Oh also, Blakers for his why me specifically. I don't know if it is just me, but I don't like posts like that, they come off as unnecessarily defensive which rings alarm bells to me.
it was post #106

So far, looking at mostly surface information TDK looks suspicious to me, after his attention focus on to one player was pointed out, he shifted focus onto another.
Blakers gave me the information I wanted, so I backed off. No point in pursuing something if nothing's there. He's new, so I wanted to see how he'd react.

It's usually what I do early on, prodding inactives to get them to work, and I formulate my reads on that until I hit something off of an ability worth noting. I have a town read on blakers right now, for instance, and a small scum read on Jesi. She's being considerably less active than I remember her being and hasn't done much but echo other players, though the second point is admittedly a lot of her meta so I'll let it slide.

Thanks for the informed response, Vrac!

My top scum reads are Jesi and SF currently, as I said they post mostly fluff and/or echo others, though this is both of their metas so I'm not too confident on either of them.

So far, looking at mostly surface information TDK looks suspicious to me, after his attention focus on to one player was pointed out, he shifted focus onto another. He wasn't flagged as scum by those actions, so I will look into it some more, however attention shifting like that is strange, I don't know about others since I haven't dealt with that before but it reads as scummy to me. That said, I was inactive at the time so it makes sense to try and get me active, something I believe TDK has done in other games. Beyond that TDK has contributed nothing so far despite calling out others for not contributing themselves which also reads scummy. I need to look further but that is my initial perception.
IMO, the things you've mentioned about TGK are both pretty characteristic and are part of the scumhunt early game when there isn't much solid reads, to an extent.

Jesi also has a scum read on her for saying no opinion then clearly saying they have an opinion, then responding to being called out but not making any decision after that call out. This is something I really want to look into so Jesi is my secondary read.
Where did Jesi do this? I can't seem to find it.

She's being considerably less active than I remember her being and hasn't done much but echo other players, though the second point is admittedly a lot of her meta so I'll let it slide.
I don't really think activity is a scum tell, especially considering the numerous variables IRL that would affect activity. However, I did take another look at Jesi, and I agree they really haven't contributed much substantial. Their main contribution was the early vote on NP for voting rainyman, which strikes me as potentially a scumbuddy being OMGUSy and aggressive defensive.

My top scum reads are Jesi and SF currently, as I said they post mostly fluff and/or echo others, though this is both of their metas so I'm not too confident on either of them.
When did you say these things? I notice you did on Jesi in this post, but not really else where.

@Robin Aisaga contributions would be great from you.

That's not my intent and it's just how I feel about the tagging. I should've worded myself better.
Apart from what Professor P pointed out, it's not about wording it better. If it is, why didn't you amend your wording? You think the tagging is a little suspicious, yet don't know whether to pursue it. Since when was pursuing even the smallest suspicions a waste of time in Day 1? Scum tend to sit on the fence like this.

Except rainy.

Scummy random fluff post, especially considering significant discussion occurred since Jabber last posted.

Apart from what Professor P pointed out, it's not about wording it better. If it is, why didn't you amend your wording? You think the tagging is a little suspicious, yet don't know whether to pursue it. Since when was pursuing even the smallest suspicions a waste of time in Day 1? Scum tend to sit on the fence like this.
Isn't fence sitting normal for Jesi though?

Not saying I disagree with you, but it doesn't strike me as out of character.

When did you say these things? I notice you did on Jesi in this post, but not really else where.
...That was really, really bad wording. What I was trying to say was:

"I said it about Jesi earlier and it mostly applies to SF too, but it seems to be part of both of their metas so I'm not too confident about either of them."

I remember her apologizing a lot, at any rate. It's a canadian thing, eh?

I'll go back and check some old games to see how aggressive Jesi usually is on Day 1.

In my opinion chasing players for contribution after only a few posts is a bit forcing. To me it looks like TGK has been trying to push others in the spot light. Which I guess is not a bad thing for day 1 but I don't take his reads too serious. With that I mean I don't think Jesi or SF look particularly scummy. I'm not confident rainyman123 is going to be helpful this game. He did not add to a discussion when other players called him out. And this comment below doesn't assure me he is planning to change his playstyle. rainyman123 might still be the best candidate for today's lynch.

Na im done with rooting for mafia. It didn't go really well :p

##UNVOTE: Vracken

In my opinion chasing players for contribution after only a few posts is a bit forcing. To me it looks like TGK has been trying to push others in the spot light.

Blakers hadn't actually commented on anything after a significant amount of discussion on rainyman had occurred, so I think the tag was pro-town.

Which I guess is not a bad thing for day 1 but I don't take his reads too serious. With that I mean I don't think Jesi or SF look particularly scummy.
So you don't think either are scummy because you think TGK is scummy?

I'm not confident rainyman123 is going to be helpful this game. He did not add to a discussion when other players called him out. And this comment below doesn't assure me he is planning to change his playstyle. rainyman123 might still be the best candidate for today's lynch.
Rainy is still new, so I don't expect anything profound from him. When it comes to his contribution, he was really the only person that was actually in spotlight. So, I'm not sure what you're expecting from him.

In my opinion chasing players for contribution after only a few posts is a bit forcing. To me it looks like TGK has been trying to push others in the spot light. Which I guess is not a bad thing for day 1 but I don't take his reads too serious. With that I mean I don't think Jesi or SF look particularly scummy. I'm not confident rainyman123 is going to be helpful this game. He did not add to a discussion when other players called him out. And this comment below doesn't assure me he is planning to change his playstyle. rainyman123 might still be the best candidate for today's lynch.

##UNVOTE: Vracken
My pressuring people has nothing to do with my reads on Jesi and SF? I'm not too confident in them either, for what it's worth, but it's day 1 and I'm a player who's really reliant on roles to formulate reads.

Overview of some of Jesi's previous mafia games says that generally there's a lot of fluff posts, asking questions, apologising, and fence sitting. She doesn't want to commit for fear of getting votes on her, which also leads to a lot of backpedaling and panicking.

I'd like Jesi to post more, though. But for now...

##VOTE: Lord o da Rings

I'd still like some more contribution from you, seeing as outside of your first post/vote (A Bandwagon onto NP) you've only ever posted when people voted for you or tagged you and then left. What are your thoughts on Jesi?

No, Jesi or SF are not on my list because they didn't do anything particularly scummy this game. And I don't expect Rainyman123 to write a full case but a little more than what he posted now should be expected from town players new or not. Who is your main candidate for today's lynch BBninjas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back