• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Zygarde-GX

Nyora

A Cat
79DD1C59-8E93-4C6D-A060-2730CDCBE33F.png

Don’t currently have access to PTCGO but wanted to show this list. Zygarde-GX is a pretty powerful offensive Pokémon. Through my testing, this was able to get T1 or T2 Cell Connectors pretty much every game. 4 Zygarde ensures we start with it and to ensure we Cell Connector as quickly as possible. I run FFB over CB for them extra HP which helps it overcome damage that goes past Verdict-GX. I’m considering running Scorched Earth over Parallel City for an extra way to discard [F] Energy, to again ensure a T1 Cell Connector. Once your setup, this is hard to beat. Yeah, you can guzma around it, but that’s not getting rid of the threat itself. Another plus is that, while your using Verdict GX, this allows you extra time to setup another Zygarde-GX and it’s big 4 attack cost. Rest of the deck is rather obvious. I chose zoroark over octillery because a lot of the times I have only 1 or 2 cards in hand and Octillery is more useful in these situations, and Octillery works better with N, especially for late game disruption to help them stop you from using Verdict. Zoroark does allow me to get [F] Energy in the discard, and it acts as a secondary attacker, however I think Octillery’s better draw support from 1 or 2 cards is much better as well as not having them strengthens my Buzzwole-GX matchup by not allowing more easily killed things by Buzz.

Last edited:
I like your list. If you wanted to add in scorched earth I would take out 2 Brooklet hills and put the two scorched earths in there. The only down side is that you don’t really have much of a back up attacker if you prize one or two of your Zygardes. A baby buzzwole might be a good addition and I would probably drop a fighting energy for it since your not running max elixir and don’t need a super high count of energy. Just a thought. I really want to make Zygarde a busted deck

I play tested this deck on PTCGO last night and it actually ran pretty good. I think my biggest streak was 3 games. It did real well against Lapras decks 2-0 against. But it has a rough time against Glaceon/Greninja-GX. I def like the baby buzzwole as he came in clutch. I also run 4 Bonnie in my list which made it very consistent. One thing I did wish I had though was a choice band as you can’t hit 190 even with the GX attack. I liked the FFB but that will obviously come out after rotation. I might even consider running 2 FFB and 2 choice band.

Back