• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Zygarde GX Post Rotation

Archangel_44444

Aspiring Trainer
I'm currently play around with Zygarde GX since I've finally collected the materials to build it. Below is what I currently have. Is it worth adjusting the deck to fit in Macargo (CES) for the controlled Draw every turn?

Pokemon: 15
3x Zygarde GX (FLI)
2x Zygarde (FLI 72)
2x Lycanroc GX (GUR)
2x Rockruff (FLI 72)
1x Marshadow GX (BUS)
1x Marshadow (Shining)
1x Diancie Prism (FLI)
3x Tapu Lele GX (GUR)

Trainers: 33
4x Cynthia
3x Lillie
2x Hala
2x Bonnie
2x Lusamine
3x Guzma
4x Brooklet Hill
4x Ultra Ball
3x Choice Band
2x Weakness Policy
1x Energy Recycler System
1x Rescue Stretcher
2x Switch

Energy: 12
8x Fighting Energy
4x Double Colorless Energy

Weakness Policy? Exactly what are you afraid of?

Likely to be Lost Thunder decks, like Sceptile and Lost March. So it can work.

As for Marcargo, no. But more importantly, why run Zygarde deck after Post-Lost Thunder. There are so many grass deck around, and faster OHK deck, like Granbull. Sure an anti-Zoroark is always nice, the problem is how to energy accelerate without leaving Zygarde open to attack. Zoroark can out resource this deck easy, especially with Oranguru from Ultra Prism. Prism Star stadium cannot be affected by Supporter card, so Bonnie will failed. Obviously you wanted to remove their Prism Star with Brooklet Hill, but then remove it for Bonnie, it feel off in a trade off sense.

Lastly, you really got to convince me with your "early game strategies" in facing today meta, that Zygarde deck can still fight toe with toe against at least tier 2 decks. I just can't see where is the huge advantages in this deck today. I know I sound negative, but I like to see a fun and good enough deck facing against tier 1 decks, with a moderate win rate. Take for example, Suicuine-GX/Quagsire, both decks have weakness with Grass, and not a top tier deck, but man, was the deck fun and have cool combos, even if we did not win.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back