• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Zygarde ex, Carbink BREAK

BraviaryBoi

Anonymus
Hi, first time posting so sorry if I do something wrong.

So, my brother is getting back into Pokemon and would like me to build him a Zygarde/Carbink/Regirock deck.

Pokemon:
  • 3 Zygarde EX
  • 3-3 Carbink BREAK (all safeguard Carbink)
  • 4 Regirock EX
  • 1 Hoopa EX

Support:
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 N
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 4 Korrina
  • 1 AZ
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Max Elixir
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 3 Focus Sash
  • 1 Power Memory
  • 2 Fighting Stadium

Energy:
  • 4 Strong Energy
  • 7 Fighting Energy

By the way, I would totally put Shaymins in here but I don't have extras that he can borrow so he'll have to play without them until he can buy some.

I'm not the greatest at building this deck as I wouldn't plan on playing it myself and don't really know the deck so any suggestions are very much welcome!

I believe you are off to a good start. Good job with your draft.

4 Korrina and 4 Ultra Ball seem excessive to me (I just run 3 Korrina and 2 Ultra Ball in my Fighting deck). Consider replacing 2 of the Ultra Ball with Level Ball which can easily search and get the Carbink.

Also, consider replacing 1 of the Float Stone with an Escape Rope which will give you a different option to get your Active (with a possible Tool already attached) back to the bench.

When I run Max Elixir in a deck, I also like to run 9 Basic energy to enhance my chances of getting a Basic energy attached.

My personal preference is to run my deck without any Battle Compressor (especially if I do not also have Trainer's Mail in the deck). My strategy is to get Zygarde EX active as soon as possible inflicting damage. In most cases I do not even attach more than 2 energy to this Pokemon given its damage ouput capability. I also run a Max Potion too to keep my "tank" rolling a few extra turns too.

2 Fighting Stadium seem too few. Consider adding at least 1 more or replacing both of these with other cards.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Last edited:
Thanks!

First of all, I am going to keep the compressors in here to fuel Zygarde via Carbink BREAK

Second, the three float stone is so I can retreat my Regirocks. I understand that an Escape Rope would be nice, but I do not want the opponent to continually Lysandre Regirock in an attempt to stall or take easy prizes.

Max Elixir is pretty much just a filler until my brother gets some Shaymins. But I will try and find space for mor energy as well as space for a third fighting stadium.

I like this deck:)

Maybe 1 Wally for Battle Compressor and maybe more Battle Compressor.
Turn1 Carbink -> Battle Compressor ->1Wally 2Strong Energy -> VS Seeker -> Wally into Carbink Break -> Zygarde Ex with 2 Strong Energy at Bench.

I like Battle Compressor in Carbink Deck for 2nd Turn Korinna -> Carbink Break + Battle Compressor and finding+loading Strong Energies.

I agree with UltraBalls and Float Stone. I would create a toolbox for Korinna.
f.e.
1 Switch
1 Muscle Band 1 Fightning Fury Belt
1 Level Ball (Carbink) 1 Heavy Ball (Ex)
1 Professor's Letter
1 Red Card
1 Startling Megaphone

Back