• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Zygarde/Carbink/Vileplume

Scraggy559

Aspiring Trainer
I believe this deck doesn't get as much recognition as other popular deck's since it's surprising debut at nationals, so I wanted to take a crack at it and make my own similar version. I do not own a pair of Shaymin EX or the promo Jirachi (XY67), so I replaced them with an extra Korrina, Giovanni's Scheme, and the 4 Puzzle's of Time (switching for the 3 Trainer's Mail as they still have somewhat similar uses; plus they act as a VS Seeker in some cases).

Pokémon - 16

* Oddish 2
* Gloom 2
* Vileplume 2
* Carbink 3
* Carbink BREAK 3
* Zygarde (10%)
* Zygarde EX 2
* Lucario EX

Trainer Cards - 34

* Professor Sycamore 4
* Korrina 3
* N 2
* AZ 4
* Lysandre 3
* Giovanni's Scheme
* Ultra Ball 4
* Puzzle of Time 4
* Heavy Ball
* Level Ball
* Revitalizer
* Power Memory
* Fighting Fury Belt
* Forest of Giant Plants 4

Energy - 10

* Strong Energy 4
* Fighting Energy 6

The deck itself is pretty easy to make and afford. I'd say the most expensive cards in the deck are the EX Pokemon. I am able to bring out Vileplume on the first or second turn about 80% of the time even without a Shaymin EX for draw support. 70% of the time I usually start out with Carbink which is a good start to build up my Zygarde's or Lucario. It's been a pretty successful deck so far, but any more input would be appreciated (even if it's the obvious ones) *cough* Shaymin.

So some things you could add:
+1 ffb
more level balls
pokemon ranger
possibly another
oddish
trainers mail.
you could remove:
heavy ball
power memory
puzzle oof time (chance of getting two in hand under item lock is pretty obsolete.)

I run Zyguarde/Weavile. From that experience and taking your list into consideration, here are my suggestions:

-1 Zygarde (10%) [I can see why you included it, but you're better off switching to Carbink for stalling. As an ability it's better than the effects of the attacks on this card, it has higher HP if you evolve to BREAK, and it assists in setting up Zygarde EX)
+1 Zygarde EX [Higher count to increase odds of starting with it, it has a great 1st attack; you can build on it even without Carbink]

-4 Puzzle of Time [Dead card under item lock, especially with 4 spaces dedicated to it]
+1 Hex Maniac
+1 FFB

Open Spaces:

Back