• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

ZPS w/ Yanmega

AmishEskimoNinja

Hating durant since 11/16/11
3-3 Yanmega (Prime), TM-98
4 Zekrom, BW-114
3 Pachirisu, CL-18
3 Shaymin, UL-8

POKEMON: 16

4 Pokemon Collector
4 Dual Ball
4 Pokemon Communication
2 PlusPower
4 Pokemon Reversal
4 Copycat
2 Judge
2 Seeker
1 Fisherman
1 Interviewer's Questions

T/S/S: 28

2 Rescue Energy
14 Lightning Energy

Energy: 16

So I'm pretty new to this whole yanmega thing, but I just got enough yanmegas the other day to build a deck. The strategy is pretty simple. Standard ZPS strategy of getting energy on zekrom, and yanmega is primarily there for quick snipes, and it makes a decent donphan counter. It takes 3 hits either way, but I can seeker yanmega.

Thoughts?

I personally run 2/2 Pachy/Shaymin in my build, and it works beautifully. I guess it's just personal choice, but 2/2 can work.

Your aim with this deck should be the T1 Bolt Strike. Even if you don't get the donk per se, T1 120 is nothing to laugh at and will no doubt throw your opponent off their game.

Unown DARK and 1 Darkness energy is also a great tech. Unown DARK can be searched out with Dual Ball/Collector and allows for your 3rd energy for the turn. It's really helpful I find.

As for your list, the lone IQ and Fisherman aren't doing you any favors. I'd replace them both with 2 Super Scoop Up, which are crucial to re-use Pachy/Shaymin. Also, I fail to see the poster child trainer of this deck....DEFENDER, in your list. Defenders let you take less recoil on bolt strike, and also prevent Reshirams from OHKOing you when you're clean and haven't Bolt Striked. Unfortunately, I'm not really sure what to take out for them since other than that your list looks very solid. Only thing I can suggest is playtest it a little and edit it as you feel is necessary. Good Luck!

So Dark is an interesting thought. That one hadn't occured to me.

I can't say I understand why fisherman and interviewers isn't doing me any good, especially since you're suggesting I replace it with SSU. I could just add in more seekers for more consistent pickup.

I thought about defenders, but I didn't know what to take out. Maybe the pokemon reversals?

No Reversals are really needed in this deck where you can OHKO almost anything. I don't know what to take out though. IMO Seeker>SSU just for less flips.

EDIT: I mean that reversals ARE needed, needed to rephrase that.

Back