• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard ZoroPod V1.1

Firewyn

Aspiring Trainer
Hello fellow PokeBeachers!

I'm in need of some opinions on my decklist.

My plan is to run this deck at Toronto Regionals 2 weekends from now.
With that in mind, Forbidden Light will NOT be legal for this regional.

Here's my current decklist as of May 3rd/2018

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 19

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 4 Zorua SLG 52
* 4 Zoroark-GX PR-SM SM84
* 1 Sudowoodo BKP 67
* 2 Wimpod BUS 16
* 2 Golisopod-GX BUS 17
* 1 Dawn Wings Necrozma-GX UPR 63
* 1 Mewtwo EVO 51
* 3 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 1 N FCO 105
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 3 Acerola BUS 112
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 3 Brigette BKT 134
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 Guzma BUS 115
* 3 Ultra Ball SLG 68
* 1 Parallel City BKT 145
* 1 Mallow GRI 145
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Multi Switch GRI 129
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137

##Energy - 8

* 1 Counter Energy CIN 100
* 3 Grass Energy EVO 91
* 4 Double Colorless Energy EVO 90

Total Cards - 60

Cards I considered:

- Zoroark (BKT [Stand in])
- Sudowoodo (Watch & Learn) *** Been added to decklist ***
- Max Potions (might be a good card to add)
- Alolan Vulpix (didn't think of it during testing, worth a shot)
- Looker (because of Resource Mgmt. Oranguru) (haven't playtested it yet) *** took out ULP Oranguru, so no need ***

I'm excited for regionals, and I feel the deck is great, but it does need a bit of TLC.

Thanks guys!

- Firewyn

Last edited:
You still want at least a 3-3 Zoro GX line if you're playing a Puzzle/low supporter engine or else you dead draw into oblivion. And trust me, play a second Buzzwole counter or else the deck dumpsters you completely.

Ok, I’ll retry using a 3-3 zoroark line,
Options for Busswole-counters? Mew (FCO), Mew-EX? Necrozma-GX? Any preference?

Soooooo.... With a bit of playtesting... I had some observations...

- I had issues "having" a hand. So i've decided to switch the Oranguru I'm currently using.
- I also felt that maybe a 4-4 Zoroark to allow the deck to flow better
- Had an extra Lele, so that's pencilled in atm
- Decided with the extra draw that i'll be getting, I got rid of the evosodas & Energy Loto
- I didn't feel Tapu-Koko fit well in this deck, yes it can help me hit the numbers I need to, but I felt that it wasn't needed for the most part
- Added a Counter Energy for the times I need a knockout with one of my tech-ins

So these are the changes I made to the deck. Changes are updated to the decklist at the top of the thread.

-1 Acerola
-1 Oranguru ULP
-1 Wimpod
-1 Golisopod GX
-1 Tapu-Koko
-2 Evosoda
-1 Energy Loto
+1 Sudowoodo (Watch & Learn)
+1 Oranguru SUM
+2 Zorua SLG
+2 Zoroark GX
+1 Tapu-Lele GX (Have a third)
+1 Counter Energy

I play this deck too, and my recommendation is that you never play anything less than a 3-2 golisopod gx line and no less than 3 acerola. Acerola is incredibly strong in this deck and allows you to attack with a fresh golisopod every turn. Also, if you have three lele in your deck, you don't need three bridgette, I would recommend either lowering your lele count to two or only playing two bridgette.

I play this deck too, and my recommendation is that you never play anything less than a 3-2 golisopod gx line and no less than 3 acerola. Acerola is incredibly strong in this deck and allows you to attack with a fresh golisopod every turn. Also, if you have three lele in your deck, you don't need three bridgette, I would recommend either lowering your lele count to two or only playing two bridgette.
It's a Zoroark deck, you need 3 Brigette. Zoroark is more or less the entire draw engine, so hitting the T1 Brigette all of the time is very important. If it were ANY other deck, I'd agree with you.

I play this deck too, and my recommendation is that you never play anything less than a 3-2 golisopod gx line and no less than 3 acerola. Acerola is incredibly strong in this deck and allows you to attack with a fresh golisopod every turn.
I too run this deck and I concur with @Kyle Pyykkonen in that the 3rd Golisopod is extremely useful in certain match-ups (e.g., Buzzwole-Lycanroc). Further, eventhough you're running Puzzles, the 3rd Acerola increases the deck's flexibility dramatically by not only allowing you to recover a wounded Pokémon; but you're also recovering potentially needed energy for a forthcoming attack too.

Following is the list of Pokémon I use in my deck:

3 Golisopod GX (1 could be replaced by a "baby" Golisopod should you have any concerns regarding Hoopa (anti-GX) decks)
1 Mew EX
2 Tapu Koko (Flying Flip)
2 Tapu Lele GX (quite sufficient since i run 3 Brigette also)
3 Wimpod (Wimp Out)
1 Zoroark (Stand In)
3 Zoroark GX
4 Zorua

Hoping you did well at the Torotonto Regional tournament.

Hey everyone,

So Toronto Regionals is long gone, and i honestly didn't do so well.

I dropped after Round 5 with a 1-4-0 (3pts).

Me and major tournaments don't get along, I get very anxious. I need to play in more league challenges/cup atmospheres to possibly fix this, as well, a full-time job sucks and limited playtime hinders, and was possibly some of the reasons why I didn't do so well.

As for the deck, it played ok, I can't recall what I switched after posting the first update.
Seeing as the new rotation is coming over the horizon, I'm looking to build decks for the upcoming rotation.

Thank you all for your help!

- Firewyn

Back