Zoroark's Positioning with Laser / Bank?

TuxedoBlack said:
I think the new LT set helps this deck quite a bit with the re-release of Energy Switch and Crushing Hammer. Any thoughts yet on how you might incorporate these cards into your deck?
I cut all of the hammers from the deck. This version is built for pure speed and power and the hammers hurt me more than helped me. I almost always wished they were something else. I was almost never happy about playing the hammers because they just didn't do enough.

I decided to quit the hammers and energy switch. Honestly, you don't need them. Why would you use spots on Hammer when you pretty much OHKO everything in the format? I realized Absol was insanely good in this deck. Same amount of dmg and easier to setup.

I would also say Spiritomb isn't worth the spot. you need 1 active Zoroark / Absol at least 1 darkrai on the bench, 3 Absol / Zoroarks on the bench and a Sableye. You also kinda need that Ace spec yourself, now that catcher have been nerfed.

I'm having fun with this deck.

I'm running with:

2 Darkrai 46
2 Sableye DEX 62
1 Spiritomb HT 87
4 Zorua HT 89
3 Zororark DEX 71

With the new coin flip rule when starting the game and catcher flip,spiritomb will give this deck a double edge.
You might not be able to use your Ace spec but in return,neither can your opponent. Works well when VirGen decks are comin' atcha or any other ace spec being played by the 2nd turn.

quick update:
This deck I think works well when you don't go first at the start of the game.Here is why:
The set up should be Zorua+energy as your starter,Spiritomb and darkrai benched.
As a secondary defensive use: Energy switch with the escape rope as a combo in order to move Zorua or sableye (back) as active.
And always HTL/Bank in between plays.
Baby_BI said:
I would also say Spiritomb isn't worth the spot. you need 1 active Zoroark / Absol at least 1 darkrai on the bench, 3 Absol / Zoroarks on the bench and a Sableye. You also kinda need that Ace spec yourself, now that catcher have been nerfed.

Understood. I like absol but cant build energy fast onto it fast enough.

Back