• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Zoroark

Mr.Ferrari

Torterra.
Pokemon
  • 4-3/1 Zoroark (3 Brutal bash/1 Foul play)
  • 3 Sableye
  • 2 Darkrai ex
  • 1 yvetel ex
  • 1 spiritomb
    =15

Trainers
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 2 shauna
  • 2 N
  • 2 Colress
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Pokémon Catcher
  • 2 Random Receiver
  • 2 Switch or escape rop?
  • 2 Dark Claw
  • 2 Silver Bangle
  • 2 Super Rod
  • 2 Dark Patch
  • 1 Computer Search
    =35

Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 6 Darkness Energy
    =10

Strategy
Basically just load up your bench with Dark Pokemon and try to one hit with Zoroark rinse and repeat.
I'm looking for advice on my virgen match up as it stands its pretty much an auto lose since I cant 1 hit ko and genesect can.
My idea is yvetal and spiritomb maybe another dark patch.

RE: Zoroark.

It seems like a solid deck. I have a friend who runs something similar.

My suggestion for you would be:
- 1 Spiritomb
- 3 Ultra Balls
- 1 Level Ball

+ 1 or 2 Darkrai EX OR 1 or 2 Absol (PF)
+ 1 Dark Patch
+ 2 Virbank City Gym

Why the cuts I suggest:

Ultra Balls (where good with searches) isn't THAT great compared to other means of searching (imo), and without much energy retrieval can put you at a big disadvantage, even with super rods. Since you only have 2 super rods and 1 dark patch there is a chance any of them can end up in your prizes, and Sableye can't get that back.

Spiritomb is mediocre at best. Yes he can stop your opponent from using that one Ace Spec in their entire deck, but it also prevents you from playing yours. Also with the knowledge that there is only one per 60 card deck, chances of it being in a prize or just not drawn are always there. Sure he's a dark type on the bench, there are other dark types that have the potential of being useful.

Level Ball is alright because you CAN search for those Zorua or Sableye if you need really need them. But a 4 of each means your chances of drawing them are higher, so you wouldn't really need 4 Level Balls. 3 is a solid number because it still gives you good chances at a draw while not taking away from the potential of adding another beneficial pokemon or trainer.

Why the additions I suggest:

Darkrai EX is a great card with an extremely useful ability. However to make the most of a strong Pokemon, you need to be able to draw it. Running 1 of anything puts a risk of just never getting it in the game when you need it. Even if you don't intend on using him to attack, it's still helpful to have multiple in the deck.

Absol (PF) is a similar card to Zoroark. While Zoroark works off of how many Dark types you have in play, Absol works off of how many Pokemon your Opponent has on the bench. It has a similar benefit to Colress, taking advantage of your opponent trying to keep their bench occupied. Plus Absol's second attack makes your opponent show their hand, giving you a bit of an advantage.

Dark Patch is good because another means of retrieving energy is always helpful. 2 Patches will always be better than 1! ;)

Virbank City Gym is great if your running the Lasers. I've seen quite a few games were your opponent has a basic out with an empty bench and an early laser/gym combo has ended the game by turn 3. Plus Virbank can be used to replace any gyms your opponent is benefiting from.

mmm 4 virbank city gym is over kill 3 maybe but 4 is to much. without ultraball i have no way to search out zoroark when i need it or darkrai and absol for that matter to fill the bench. I will probably cut a level ball and maybe a ultra ball for either a darkrai or a darkpatch.

Run Ascension Zoroua if you need Zoroark search. 1 energy and it lets you search your deck for a Zoroak.

The common number of Virbanks is 2 in a deck

ProfZelkova said:
Run Ascension Zoroua if you need Zoroark search. 1 energy and it lets you search your deck for a Zoroak.

The common number of Virbanks is 2 in a deck

I already do. I want to go 1st also ultra ball helps me fill the bench.

i tend to run 2 level balls and 2 ultra balls in an Empoleon deck. That is usually enough for the most part. The goal of this deck is very similar. With the right supporter count, you can probably draw into what you need to start hitting higher damage anyway. Also with junk hunt you can probably get all level/ultra balls back. Main game plan should probably be to sit on sableye for a few turns and build up your bench, like most dark decks.

I would also suggest dropping bangles for virbank city gym. Virbank + Dark Claw is just better than Dark Claw + Silver Bangle.

You may also want 1 energy search so you can get those energy into the discard with the ultra ball and junipers.

The Problem I see with Zoroark is its low HP. A lot of pokemon can OHKO it on there first turn. And it is dificult to set up the bench. I would put in one or two more foul play because they have the potential to do alot of damge really quickly.

Back