• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Zoroark-Shiftry

Brancus

Aspiring Trainer
This is the first deck I made myself and it works sometimes but I'm still having problems with consistency and since I'm pretty new I don't know if there are any improvements that could be made and if there are, what improvements.

##Pokémon - 20

* 1 Oranguru UPR 114
* 3 Zorua SLG 52
* 3 Zoroark-GX SLG 53
* 4 Seedot CES 12
* 2 Nuzleaf CES 13
* 3 Shiftry-GX CES 14
* 1 Deoxys CES 67
* 1 Marshadow PR-SM SM85
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 3 Judge FLI 108
* 1 Apricorn Maker CES 124
* 3 Copycat CES 127
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Mallow GRI 127
* 1 Lillie UPR 125

* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Timer Ball SUM 134
* 1 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 3 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 4 Rare Candy CES 142

##Energy - 9

* 4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92
* 5 Grass Energy Energy 1

I've actually been working on a Shiftry/Zoroark Deck. I can tell you for certain that Marshadow isn't needed in this deck. Copycat seems to be good at 3-4, and Judge is secondary and can be used at 2. Have you ever considered Magcargo? I considered a Line up like this for myself:

2x Shiftry GX
2x Seedot
3x Zoroark GX
3x Zorua
2x Magcargo
2x Slugma
2x Tapu Lele Gx
1x Ornaguru UPR

Maybe tech in something like a Tapu Koko Promo, Deoxys (67), or something else to deal with Hoopa or baby Ninetales. One thing for sure with Magcargo, you don't have to use your Support to get what you want and then Zoroark Trade to get it. You will leave your Support to be Judge/Copycat the turns you plan on attacking with Shiftry. No Nuzleaf because you Smooth Over/Trade to get the Rare Candy & Shiftry, or whatever you need to make your deck work that turn. I will be doing some testing myself once I get these cards, but hopefully this helps.

alright thanks!
I just thought marshadow could help with let loose to get equal hand size without having to use a supporter for it.
You can always let me know how your testing went ^^

I have played this deck and have some suggestions:
1. Cut the 2 nuzleaf for another zoroark line. I understand that nuzleaf can be helpful, but another zoroark will help more
2. Cut 2 Grass energy for a magcargo line. some people don't like this, but I think its absolutely necessary. You're only going to use 1-2 grass energy a game optimally
3. Cut all the judges for 1 copycat and 2 ultra ball
4. Cut a rare candy for an apricorn maker. 4 does help a little with consistency but apricorn maker helps more
5. Cut 2 timer ball and 1 field blower for 3 Cynthia
6. Cut 1 Choice band for a third apricorn maker

I hope this helps. I have found with this deck you will only attack with shiftry a few times, and you don't want to focus too much on making shiftry stronger. Good Luck!

Back