Help Zoroark/Lycanroc Viability in Expanded

Justin Lamont

Aspiring Trainer
Is this deck consistent and can it currently compete in expanded using skyfiled and attacking with Zoroark as your main attacker? I’m not interested in any other pairing atm. Would love to know more experience players opinion on this tandem. I’ve got all the cards necessary in my cart on tcg player so before I hit complete some tips would be nice. Thanks guys!

ZoroRoc is OK, but LonZoroark is by far the best Expanded Zoroark variant as of right now. I would say to test LonZoroark first, and then if you don't like it then try switching to ZoroRoc. There is no doubt that ZoroRoc can compete, but LonZoroark is simply better.

ZoroRoc is OK, but LonZoroark is by far the best Expanded Zoroark variant as of right now. I would say to test LonZoroark first, and then if you don't like it then try switching to ZoroRoc. There is no doubt that ZoroRoc can compete, but LonZoroark is simply better.
Thanks for the heads up! Do you happen to have a deck list that seems to be the most effective atm?

Here's one I've been toying with:

4 Zorua (Paralyzing Gaze)
4 Zoroark GX
3 Exeggcute (Propogation)
1 Mr. Mime (Fairy Type Bench Barrier)
1 Sudowoodo (Roadblock)
1 Bunnelby (Rototiller)
1 Seismitoad EX
1 Mew EX
2 Tapu Lele GX
2 Shaymin EX

4 Ultra Ball
4 Puzzle Of Time
4 Vs Seeker
3 Battle Compressor
2 Red Card
1 Computer Search
1 Pokemon Communication
1 Rescue Stretcher
1 Special Charge
1 Field Blower

2 Choice Band
1 Float Stone
3 Sky Field

3 Colress
2 Hex Maniac
1 Ghetsis
1 Guzma
1 Brigette

4 Double Colorless Energy

It's definitely not the best but it works when I need it to.

I've found I only really need 3, I've never really had much use for 4. You could cut the Mew EX or the Bunnelby for it if you want, but I feel that 3 is the sweet spot.

Isn’t 3 overkill though? Propagation is available to use again every time you trade and it hits the discard. So you get multiple uses out of it. I could see running 2 just in case 1 is prized but when you run 3 battle compressors it should be fairly consistent to get the egg in your discard. Or am I missing something?

Isn’t 3 overkill though? Propagation is available to use again every time you trade and it hits the discard. So you get multiple uses out of it. I could see running 2 just in case 1 is prized but when you run 3 battle compressors it should be fairly consistent to get the egg in your discard. Or am I missing something?
In allot of situations you put 3 in the bench after a stadium bump so the 4th is for the discard and 3 3 are for the bench

In allot of situations you put 3 in the bench after a stadium bump so the 4th is for the discard and 3 3 are for the bench
Yeah that makes sense. But 3 eggs on your bench doesn’t give you much room for anything else until you hit another sky field. The eggs don’t do anything on your bench besides give you extra attack for Riotious Beating. Seems to me you could use that bench space for more productive Pokémon and effectives like set up or wonder tag and abilities like road block or power of alchemy

Yeah that makes sense. But 3 eggs on your bench doesn’t give you much room for anything else until you hit another sky field. The eggs don’t do anything on your bench besides give you extra attack for Riotious Beating. Seems to me you could use that bench space for more productive Pokémon and effectives like set up or wonder tag and abilities like road block or power of alchemy
It may seem a little odd, but when you play with it I can guarantee you you won't regret playing at least 3. They are used for ultra ball and trade payment (so you always need at least 2 in the discard pile) and for filling up your bench after it gets reduced by sky field removal of your opponent roadblocking you and you hex maniacing yourself out of it.

It may seem a little odd, but when you play with it I can guarantee you you won't regret playing at least 3. They are used for ultra ball and trade payment (so you always need at least 2 in the discard pile) and for filling up your bench after it gets reduced by sky field removal of your opponent roadblocking you and you hex maniacing yourself out of it.
Ok that makes a ton of sense. I see the potential now. I ordered just 1 for my Zoroark/Lycanroc deck. I’ll playtest the one and go from there. Thanks for the help guys!

Back