Discussion Zoroark-GX with Vespiquen?

xTITAN

Training Aspirer
It seems like the perfect partner for it in Expanded. It has access to Sky Field and Exeggcute, plus its ability can discard Pokémon, so it has some synergy with Vespiquen. What do you guys think?

That's actually a really cool strategy but you would need to discard a lot of Pokemon to actually deal some damage. So you would be using battle compressor, but I think you could also use Zoroaster GX with night march and Marshadow GX. Then you're dealing some real damage but I will test this deck out its pretty good as you're also getting a 2 card draw bonus too. With 3 or 4 of these on your bench you are going to have some success, if you could type out a deck list I can help you out.

But make sure you keep Sky field in the deck, and use Zoroark as a late game cleaner with its GX and and normal Attack. But I think this could be a really cool deck.

Last edited:
I don't think it would be the best fit with Night March. The strength of Night March is that it does tons of damage really fast. Zoroark is a stage 1 that you can't accelerate the evolution of. Plus, it's not really necessary for the late-game–Marshadow was added to the Night March for that.

In Vespiquen, Zoroark can be used as an early-game attacker, so you can get Pokémon into the discard while attacking with a Zoroark or two before finishing the game with Vespiquen doing 200+ damage.

Another card that could be paired with Zoroark using the same philosophy of attacking with Zoroark while your other attacker sets up would be Trashalanche Garbodor. Late-game, Garbodor could do tons of damage, especially in Expanded, where decks play lots of items to set up really fast. Running two types of energy might be kind of clunky, though, and Vespiquen/Garb didn't see much success either.

Last edited:
I made a decklist for this a while ago, here's a link to the thread: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/future-zoroark-gx-vespiquen.140926/
Unfortunately, FoGP is now banned. Luckily, Sky Field would probably be the best stadium for the deck even if Forest weren't banned.

Here's a rough list I've been working on: https://pastebin.com/rXgYtzBk

I don't think that Trickster-GX is good enough to warrant the two Dark Energy. It's fairly good, but it would take two turns to power up, and more often than not, you'll end up discarding an Energy early or have one prized.

For the Eeveelutions, I don't think Flareon or Vaporeon are very useful. Grass decks are going to fall in popularity because of the FoGP ban and both attackers in this deck have the power to OHKO any of the popular Fire-type 'mon.

Last edited:
I like your list, but I think Vaporeon would be better than Jolteon since Volcanion is so good in Expanded (although you can K.O Volc without it it makes it that much easier). I think you should drop a Sky Field for a fourth Sycamore and Colress for a second Egg. Also, I think Choice Band or Muscle Band would be good additions but I can't see where to fit them.

I like your list, but I think Vaporeon would be better than Jolteon since Volcanion is so good in Expanded (although you can K.O Volc without it it makes it that much easier). I think you should drop a Sky Field for a fourth Sycamore and Colress for a second Egg. Also, I think Choice Band or Muscle Band would be good additions but I can't see where to fit them.
Mega Ray and Yveltal are two of the most popular decks in Expanded, and without Jolteon you cannot OHKO Mega Ray with Zoroark. It would be nice to fit in some of the other Eeveelutions, but the list is tight on space and Jolteon is definitely the most important.

I don't think a fourth Sycamore or a second Egg is very important. Between the maxed out Ultra Ball count and the 2 counts of Shaymin and Lele, you aren't really going to need the last Sycamore and Exeggcute can be reused, so you don't have to have the second.

Choice Band is very important, so I think fitting in two of them would be great. Colress is great in Expanded and especially with Sky Field, so I think it's too good to pass up. The second Float Stone, however, might not be necessary because of the 2 Guzma. Cutting the Float and a Sky Field for 2 Choice Band is probably a good idea.

Here's an updated list with those changes in mind: https://pastebin.com/LzsAwbUn

I don't think it would be the best fit with Night March. The strength of Night March is that it does tons of damage really fast. Zoroark is a stage 1 that you can't accelerate the evolution of. Plus, it's not really necessary for the late-game–Marshadow was added to the Night March for that.

In Vespiquen, Zoroark can be used as an early-game attacker, so you can get Pokémon into the discard while attacking with a Zoroark or two before finishing the game with Vespiquen doing 200+ damage.

Another card that could be paired with Zoroark using the same philosophy of attacking with Zoroark while your other attacker sets up would be Trashalanche Garbodor. Late-game, Garbodor could do tons of damage, especially in Expanded, where decks play lots of items to set up really fast. Running two types of energy might be kind of clunky, though, and Vespiquen/Garb didn't see much success either.
Zoroaek is stage one and I think night march is way better as it can deal twice as much damage.

Zoroaek is stage one and I think night march is way better as it can deal twice as much damage.
Vespiquen can do even more damage than Night March, it just needs more time to set up, which Zoroark gives it. Plus, Night March has to be really consistent and streamlined. Adding a Stage 1 does the opposite: it makes it more clunky.

Back