• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Zoroark GX/Umbreon GX

Noteman32

Aspiring Trainer
Okay, I was looking for something different to play and since Dark Pokemon tend to be my favorite I half hazardly threw this deck together before League. The results was a fun deck that I think has potential to be a competitive deck. Anyways, here it is.

Pokemon 18
4 Zoroa
2-Zoroark(rush in)
2-Zoroark GX
3-Eevee
3-Umbreon GX
2-Hoopa (Shining legends)
2-Tapu Lele GX

Supporters 12
4- Sycamore
3-N
3-Guzma
2-Bridgette

Items 17
4-Ultra Ball
4-Choice Band
2-Float Stone
2-Field Blower
2-Enhanced Hammers
1-Super Rod
1-Rescue Stretcher
1-Special Charge

Stadium 3
3-Devoured Field

Energy 10
6-Dark
4-DCE

Hoopa is there as a stall card and is very convenient with Umbreon's Strafe attack. Other than that I think this deck is pretty straight forward. I am up for any suggestions/ideas.

Last edited:
A few thoughts for your consideration:

Moonlight Madness Zorua right?

IMO, the SHL Hoopa will not be an effective "shield" or counter long-term. Most players will either Guzma around it or just KO it. Have you, as an alternative, tested STS Hoopa (a Psychic Basic) that can inflict 20/20 damage for just C energy cost? This Pokémon, as a starter, can attack while you setup. Further, it is also helpful, to some degree, against major threats like Buzzwole GX.

Why no Zoroark BREAK? This Pokémon is fantastic and can help in a variety of ways:

• Is a very versatile 1-energy attacker,
  • Gives your Zoroark more HP, and
  • Can inflict significant and/or "strategic" (e.g., Foul Play'ing a needed Defending Pokémon's GX attack) damage.
Why Po Town? This Stadium will also affect your evolutions too? What about Reverse Valley instead or at least a mixture? Should you decide to keep Po Town, then also consider incorporating an Espeon EX that can be used to devolve opponent's staged Pokémon.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Last edited:
oops I guess I did put Po Town? That's my fault I meant Devoured Field. I'll fix it. I tried it with 2 Breaks and it just felt clunky. Yes it is moonlight madness Zoroa. Also I think Hoopa STS isn't bad idea but Tapu Koko promo would be a better option since I am playing DCE.

Last edited:
I run this type of deck myself. Personally I run an extra dark energy, and my field is altar of the moon. I do use dumbells as well for zoroark and the break version.

I run this type of deck myself. Personally I run an extra dark energy, and my field is altar of the moon. I do use dumbells as well for zoroark and the break version.
I thought of using dumbells but I prefer the extra damage. I could drop the Hoopa for 2 break but it always seemed like when I ran it with the break it was clunky.

I only use one break, I wouldn't go lower than 2 hoops considering orang and gallade one shot him, and he's awesome vs gardevoir and volcarion.

I do like the idea of Altar of the moon giving all the Pokemon free retreat (except Lele). Might make the switch to that instead. I could drop an Eevee for a Break. I like the four count of them though especially because I was thinking of teching in a Flareon possibly.

Last edited:
In my experience, I have found it better to have 3 eevee because even though i love umbreon smashing, i rarely use more than 1 on the board at a time because a lot of the time im hiding behind hoopa or blowing shit up with zoroarks.

In my experience, I have found it better to have 3 eevee because even though i love umbreon smashing, i rarely use more than 1 on the board at a time because a lot of the time im hiding behind hoopa or blowing shit up with zoroarks.
As stated before Guzma can be problem-matic for hoopa but I still find it very useful. Tapu Koko promo was another consideration but I haven't had the time to try it out in place of the hoopa. It could be nice to spread damage everywhere. Do you have any experience with Tapu Koko promo in this deck instead of hoopa?

I use the koko promo because of free retreat and 20 damage so yeah reasons i also like to use float stone instead of altar i tried it with botsh float is better.

On a side note I am trying out Zoroark GX/Lyncanroc GX deck at the moment. It's been pulling some surprising results.... I think this variation is a lot more fun to play though.

Have you tested against Buzzwole GX yet (gaining popularity it seems)? You may want to consider incorporating a Mr. Mine (Bench Barrier) to counter the Buzz's bench damage...

I have come across buzzy a few times, i can usually kill him by third turn which mean sacrificing something on the bench... Mr mine isnt a bad idea. My main issue has been gallade and i havnt really come up with a strong counter to it if the enemy field isnt full.

Back