Discussion Zoroark GX/Espeon GX?

Jacktropolis

Aspiring Trainer
Let me start by saying Zoroark is just one of my favorite Pokémon in general. So ever since he got his own GX I've been using him with many different partners.... Lycanroc GX seems to be the best but I've also had a surprisingly amount of success pairing him with Umbreon GX and Hoopa from SHL. But I'm just not %100 in love with any of the variants I've played with yet so I was thinking about maybe pairing him up with Espeon GX...both use DCE, I rarely used Zoroarks GX move when I did play with darkness energy and his low damage cap hurts in some matchups. But Espeons Divide GX could easily take multiple KOs after a few riotous beatings by Zoroark. Not to mention Espeon is great early game buying time to set up. I'm really just wondering if anyone has used this combo yet and if so what were your experiences? And if you haven't what do you think of this possible partnership/ what do you guys think Zoroarks best partner is?

I don't think it would run that well. Neither have the ability to consistently OHKO anything and you don't really have favorable match-ups against Gardevoir, Golisopod, or Volcanion. Plus, they don't really have any synergy with each other. I love them separately, but not together.

I don't think it would run that well. Neither have the ability to consistently OHKO anything and you don't really have favorable match-ups against Gardevoir, Golisopod, or Volcanion. Plus, they don't really have any synergy with each other. I love them separately, but not together.
I fear you may be right.. Zoroark definitely is lacking in OHKOs and Espeon doesn't help with that much....I still think it's worth a few testing games on PTCGO but ultimately I think Lycanroc will prove to be the best partner still

Imo the best pairing for Zoroark in Standard is either Ninetales GX or Decidueye GX. With Ninetales you can accelerate energy by trading water energy and then Mallowing into whatever you need at the moment and then using Aqua Patch to get the energy back. The Decidueye GX variant is a fairly new idea that is being discussed in the deck garage. I suggest checking that thread out - the deck has a lot of potential imo. In Expanded Zoroark is probably best in combination with Sky Field+Vespiquen+eggs.

Actually, I came up with the same concept as well. I made it u around February, but it lacked strength with just Zoroark BKT and Espeon. I want to see a list you came up with, because I'm trying to build this myself. I also would like to input that Espeon should do well against Volcanion and Gardy. On paper, anyway. If a Volcanion has 3 Energy, then with a Choice Band, Espeon OHKO's. My list is strange, but hopefully I can make it work without embarrassing myself too much. The list so far:

Pokemon:18
  • 3 Eevee
  • 2 Espeon-GX
  • 4 Zorua SHL
  • 2 Zoroark BKT
  • 2 Zoroark-GX
  • 3 Tapu Lele-GX
  • 1 Drampa-GX
  • 1 Tapu Koko

Trainers:
  • 4 Sycamore
  • 3 N
  • 3 Guzma
  • 2 Acerola
  • 1 Brigette
  • 1 Mallow
  • 2 Po Town
  • 4 Choice Band
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Field Blower
  • 1 Rescue Stretcher
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 2 Enhanced Hammer

Energy:11
  • 4 DCE
  • 7 Psychic
With 62 cards. I play Po Town to hit high numbers on evolved Pokemon, and Espeon can evolve past the damage via Energy Evolution. However, I may opt out of Po Town and Drampa to get the list down to 60 cards. There's a hell of a lot of testing to be done, and I think my current list is really bad. But, once I tweak it and get the hang of playing it, I think there's a rogue deck to be played there. The strategy is to basically do what Golisopod does, or rather, the concept. It's not made to beat anything in particular, just to not lose to anything in particular. Zoroark GX can mimic exactly what Pod does, 120 for a single Energy attachment, granted, your bench needs to be full. I'll get back to this once everything's tested and not total crap.

Back