Help Zoroark GX decks changing on Team Up

Toni Kensa

Playing and Collecting
Hi Pokebeach trainers,

Watching the changes Team Up did provoke in our current game I’m seeing decks change, on this case I have questions about Zoroark GX decks.

1. Why does Magcargo is getting less frequent? Doesn’t Zoroark’s trade relies a lot on it?
2. Why does Weavile’s getting less frequent? Ultra necrozma GX/Malamar/Jirachi decks aren’t that rare here, getting damages as high as 200 isn’t impossible.
3. Is Lucario there to KO Pikachu Zekrom in one turn? How’s is going? Placing Riolu on the bench then evolving it whenever necessary is what it does go?
4. Absol’s appearing, is it there to lock skating Jirachi?
5. Why no Nanu? Isn’t good to replace Lele-GX making the bench more risky?

I feel my Zoroark deck should get updated...

Thanks!!

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
1. Meta is too fast to set it up, Zoro draw enough it doesn't need it
2. Weavile is easy to play around by just not benching a lot of abilities. Jirachi decks can bench just one jirachi and be fine
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Nanu only gets a dark basic pokemon from discards which and uses your supporter for the turn. Usually their are better plays

Toni Kensa

Playing and Collecting
1. Meta is too fast to set it up, Zoro draw enough it doesn't need it
2. Weavile is easy to play around by just not benching a lot of abilities. Jirachi decks can bench just one jirachi and be fine
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Nanu only gets a dark basic pokemon from discards which and uses your supporter for the turn. Usually their are better plays

1. But does this applies to Team Up or even before it Magcargo was considered a slow setup? On Lost Thunder I saw some Magcargo on Zoro decks but not anymore. Instead of it, is it better to put another Zoro on the bench to increase Trades?

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Does it matter?

I would suggest watching some Zoro matches from the TEU regionals we've had recently

Toni Kensa

Playing and Collecting
Does it matter?

I would suggest watching some Zoro matches from the TEU regionals we've had recently

Watching those games did help me see Zoro decks without Magcargo, setting 3 Zoroarks was a nice alternative. Nothing better than seeing the deck running in video, now it’s clear. Today I did run many test games, applying Mallow and more Zoroarks strategy worked well and looks consistent to me.

dangs91

Aspiring Trainer
Hi Pokebeach trainers,

Watching the changes Team Up did provoke in our current game I’m seeing decks change, on this case I have questions about Zoroark GX decks.

1. Why does Magcargo is getting less frequent? Doesn’t Zoroark’s trade relies a lot on it?
2. Why does Weavile’s getting less frequent? Ultra necrozma GX/Malamar/Jirachi decks aren’t that rare here, getting damages as high as 200 isn’t impossible.
3. Is Lucario there to KO Pikachu Zekrom in one turn? How’s is going? Placing Riolu on the bench then evolving it whenever necessary is what it does go?
4. Absol’s appearing, is it there to lock skating Jirachi?
5. Why no Nanu? Isn’t good to replace Lele-GX making the bench more risky?

I feel my Zoroark deck should get updated...

Thanks!!

An alternative I really like instead of lucarios is adding lycanroc gx TEU which hits 120 and takes advantage of the more standard lycanroc gx GRI lines. Going this route, I'd prefer using 5 fighting energy instead of 4.

Toni Kensa

Playing and Collecting
An alternative I really like instead of lucarios is adding lycanroc gx TEU which hits 120 and takes advantage of the more standard lycanroc gx GRI lines. Going this route, I'd prefer using 5 fighting energy instead of 4.

I was curious about this one on many japanese lists I saw on Twitter. My first guess is to use its ability to cripple Ultra Necrozma GX's steel energy or other monster's DCE/special energies right?

I'm running Lucario GX on my deck to play on local store leagues and its running great, only one energy to blow 120 (240 on some Pikachu Zekrom cases...) or 140 when Diancie's on the bench had work well as surprise or revenge attacks. Some electric-deck players cannot see a Riolu without getting baited, using Guzma on it while Lycanroc GX gets buffed. And, if you want more, Lucario GX can beat 130 [F][F][C], which did save me in one game, not as fast as TEU's Lyca, but serves right on emergencies! :D

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Nanu is recommended if you're playing (and relying on) Alolan Muk to ability lock basics (for example against Jirachi). It allows you to get Grimer->Muk out in one turn if your opp KO's your Grimer.

Toni Kensa

Playing and Collecting
Nanu is recommended if you're playing (and relying on) Alolan Muk to ability lock basics (for example against Jirachi). It allows you to get Grimer->Muk out in one turn if your opp KO's your Grimer.

I made a change in my deck which clearly messed up Alola Muk, I did remove Grimer, leaving the only option on evolving from Ditto Prism (which was frequently KO’ed). Even Nanu couldn’t save me after this mistake!
After this explanation it became clearer for me more versatile uses for Nanu, I was only using to take back Zorua after KO or being used as a trade. Thanks!