• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Zoroark GX/Baby Dusk Mane Necrozma/Magcargo

Knight_of_Ni

Aspiring Trainer
I built a zoroark gx/baby dusk mane necrozma deck online and I have been pretty successful with it so far. Since Zoroark gx can hit for alot, but can rarely OHKO big GXs, I added baby dusk mane necrozma in the deck for late game sniping. Ideally, you guzma up something with a high retreat cost (i.e. oranguru, vikavolt, etc.) and let dusk mane do its thing. Here is my list so far:

4 zorua
4 zoroark gx
2 slugma
2 magcargo
2 dusk mane necrozma (promo)
1 tapu lele gx
1 marshadow (let loose)

4 Cynthia
4 guzma
2 Lillie
1 judge
1 copycat
2 professor kukui
1 acerola
4 ultra ball
4 nest ball
2 enhanced hammer
1 switch
1 multi switch
1 rescue stretcher
1 pal pad
3 choice band
2 devour field

4 double colorless energy
5 metal energy

Anyone have any ideas how I can make this better and which lost thunder cards I should add once they become legal? I know professor elm's lecture is a must in this deck. Thanks in advance

Well, I like the idea, but I think Dusk Mane might not be the absolute best choice. I don’t like wrecking deck ideas, but here’s my suggestion.
I think that since Rusty Claws is reliant on your opponent having 1 Prize, and you play both non GX and GX Pokémon, your opponent can outmaneuver you by never setting them in a position where you can use the attack. Think about it. If your opponent focuses only on KOing your Zoroark GXs, you’ll never have a chance to use Rusty Claws at all. As long as you have any Zoroark on the board, Dusk Mane is never going to be threatening, thus you can’t trick your opponent into going to one prize. It ends up not working out.
I suggest the very inverse of Dusk Mane: I suggest using Pheromosa (FLI). It relies on YOU being at one prize. If your opponent plays both GX and non GX Pokémon, you can easily take KOs on two GXs and a non GX, then White Ray for game. If your opponent does not try to counter this, it could put them in serious trouble. If you play a Pheromosa on the board near the beginning or middle of the game, it works as a great fear tactic. Your opponent faces themselves with a choice. They can either counter the strategy by not putting up any 1 prize Pokémon, (hurting their strategy if they depend on such Pokémon, as in Rayquaza GX/Vikavolt) or just go with the 1 prizes, opening themselves up to trouble from White Ray.

In short, I’d do this:
-2 Dusk Mane Necrozma
-5 Metal Energy

+2 Pheromosa
+5 Grass Energy

Actually, other than that suggestion, the list looks great! Nice job, buddy.
That’s what I think. See ya!

Well, I like the idea, but I think Dusk Mane might not be the absolute best choice. I don’t like wrecking deck ideas, but here’s my suggestion.
I think that since Rusty Claws is reliant on your opponent having 1 Prize, and you play both non GX and GX Pokémon, your opponent can outmaneuver you by never setting them in a position where you can use the attack. Think about it. If your opponent focuses only on KOing your Zoroark GXs, you’ll never have a chance to use Rusty Claws at all. As long as you have any Zoroark on the board, Dusk Mane is never going to be threatening, thus you can’t trick your opponent into going to one prize. It ends up not working out.
I suggest the very inverse of Dusk Mane: I suggest using Pheromosa (FLI). It relies on YOU being at one prize. If your opponent plays both GX and non GX Pokémon, you can easily take KOs on two GXs and a non GX, then White Ray for game. If your opponent does not try to counter this, it could put them in serious trouble. If you play a Pheromosa on the board near the beginning or middle of the game, it works as a great fear tactic. Your opponent faces themselves with a choice. They can either counter the strategy by not putting up any 1 prize Pokémon, (hurting their strategy if they depend on such Pokémon, as in Rayquaza GX/Vikavolt) or just go with the 1 prizes, opening themselves up to trouble from White Ray.

In short, I’d do this:
-2 Dusk Mane Necrozma
-5 Metal Energy

+2 Pheromosa
+5 Grass Energy

Thank you for the feedback! I don't usually use the dusk mane for rust claw, but instead for dusk shot (60 damage to one of your opponents GXs or EXs). Zoroark gx can usually hit for 150 or 160 (depending choice band, kukui, and devour field) which usually results in your opponent retreating into another attacker to avoid the KO. If a rival zoroark-gx or something else bulky that my zoroark-gx failed to OHKO is sitting on the bench, I can guzma up something with a high retreat cost (diancie prism star, oranguru, vikavolt, ect.) and snipe the damaged attacker with dusk shot. This puts my opponent in a tricky situation where they not only have one less attacker in play, but they also have to worry about retreating the high retreat cost pokemon that I targetted with guzma. Testing online I have been very successful, but I do struggle quite a bit against Rayquaza-gx. I suspect the new carbink (143) from lost thunder will serve as a solid counter to Rayquaza-gx. I also want to find room for 2-3 professor elm's lecture, since I can have experienced some painfully slow starts. Does anyone have any ideas for other techs?

In short, I’d do this:
-2 Dusk Mane Necrozma
-5 Metal Energy

+2 Pheromosa
+5 Grass Energy

You should read his strategy before critiquing his deck. People use baby dusk mane for its first attack not its second

Thank you for the feedback! I don't usually use the dusk mane for rust claw, but instead for dusk shot (60 damage to one of your opponents GXs or EXs). Zoroark gx can usually hit for 150 or 160 (depending choice band, kukui, and devour field) which usually results in your opponent retreating into another attacker to avoid the KO. If a rival zoroark-gx or something else bulky that my zoroark-gx failed to OHKO is sitting on the bench, I can guzma up something with a high retreat cost (diancie prism star, oranguru, vikavolt, ect.) and snipe the damaged attacker with dusk shot. This puts my opponent in a tricky situation where they not only have one less attacker in play, but they also have to worry about retreating the high retreat cost pokemon that I targetted with guzma. Testing online I have been very successful, but I do struggle quite a bit against Rayquaza-gx. I suspect the new carbink (143) from lost thunder will serve as a solid counter to Rayquaza-gx. I also want to find room for 2-3 professor elm's lecture, since I can have experienced some painfully slow starts. Does anyone have any ideas for other techs?
Ay, I see what you mean.
For my LTH suggestions, I’d suggest:
-1 Cynthia
-1 Guzma
-2 Metal Energy

+2 Elm’s Lecture
+2 Counter Gain

Ay, I see what you mean.
For my LTH suggestions, I’d suggest:
-1 Cynthia
-1 Guzma
-2 Metal Energy

+2 Elm’s Lecture
+2 Counter Gain

Thank you for the feedback! Finally somebody on this thread gave me ACTUAL advice.

Back