• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Zoroark/Golisopod Post SM8 (The Old Faithful)

Chicken Nugget Master

I had the munchies when I came up with my username
A SM8 ZoroPod list, tested a little and so far so good:

4 Zorua
4 Zoroark GX
3 Wimpod
2 Golisopod GX
2 Slugma
1 Magcargo
1 Ditto Prism Star
1 Lurantis
2 Tapu Lele GX

4 Ultra Ball
4 Order Pad
2 Timer Ball
1 Multi Switch
1 Counter Catcher
1 Rescue Stretcher
1 Pal Pad

3 Choice Band
1 Devoured Field
1 Shrine of Punishment
1 Life Forest Prism Star

3 Guzma
3 Professor Elm
2 Cynthia
2 Copycat
1 Lillie
1 Mallow

4 Double Colorless Energy
2 Grass Energy
2 Rainbow Energy

The Lurantis and Multi Switch allow for some interesting plays, as Lurantis can evolve from Ditto Prism Star, allowing Golisopod and Magcargo to do 20 extra damage, which is very useful as it boosts Golisopod's Choice Banded First Impression attack to 170 damage, which is the requirement for KOing a Tapu Lele GX. It is also the answer to Xurkitree GX, which I imagine will start seeing more play at this time with Zeraora GX likely becoming a big threat. All that is needed is to add a Shrine of Punishment onto this First Impression, and you hit 180 without using Double Colorless Energy.

Lurantis and Magcargo also give you the advantage in the mirror match, picture this:

Magcargo's Combustion attack does 50 damage for [R][C][C], which is boosted to 70 with Lurantis and 100 with Choice Band. If you already have a Rainbow or Double Colorless Energy attached to one of your other Pokémon, all you need do is attach the other Energy to Magcargo and move it to the active, then Multi Switch the Rainbow/Double Colorless onto Magcargo and hit for 100.

Why is hitting for 100 with a support Pokémon that shouldn't even be attacking in the first place so important you ask? Well, as Golisopod GX is weak to Fire types, if Magcargo hits the opponent's Golisopod GX with Lurantis on the bench and a Choice Band attached, it will do 200 damage instead of 100. Shrine of Punishment then comes in and finishes off the KO, and gives you 2 Prize Cards. Your opponent will then be forced to Guzma around Magcargo, or they will be behind in the prize trade which is very dangerous ground to be standing on.

I think that about sums up the deck, any questions will be answered and all suggestions welcomed!

Last edited:
Not a huge fan of one-of stadiums, especially with how easily they can be blowered away and how we can't search for a specific stadium when needed. I think that shrine would do you some significant damage if the plan is to have your gx's up turn 2. All of those seem to be situational, especially the one altar of moon which you rely on for free retreats with the 2 rainbow energies. A 1-1 slugma /macargo line is rendered useless if your lone slugma is prized, so I would take out the stadiums add another slugma and add in a few switches which can be searched with the order pads you have in there.

if your lone slugma is prized,

Ditto Prism Star can pinch, although I would say adding a fomantis might be a good idea. That way, you're technically running a 2-1 line of either support pokemon plus a 3-2 line of your main and a 5-4 line of your backup, but only one per match, depending on the match. I'd sub a nest ball for a timer ball given all the stage 1's you've got.

Not a huge fan of one-of stadiums, especially with how easily they can be blowered away and how we can't search for a specific stadium when needed. I think that shrine would do you some significant damage if the plan is to have your gx's up turn 2. All of those seem to be situational, especially the one altar of moon which you rely on for free retreats with the 2 rainbow energies. A 1-1 slugma /macargo line is rendered useless if your lone slugma is prized, so I would take out the stadiums add another slugma and add in a few switches which can be searched with the order pads you have in there.
Ditto Prism Star can pinch, although I would say adding a fomantis might be a good idea. That way, you're technically running a 2-1 line of either support pokemon plus a 3-2 line of your main and a 5-4 line of your backup, but only one per match, depending on the match. I'd sub a nest ball for a timer ball given all the stage 1's you've got.
Thanks for all the advice guys, list has been changed thanks to the new Professor Elm card that has just been revealed!

Back