• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Zoroark/Dewgong/Persian

Destroyer5936

Aspiring Trainer
Any suggestions to improve this list
4 zoroark gx
4 zorua
2 meowth
2 Persian gx
2 seel
2 dewgong
1 marshadow
1 tapu lele gx
1 ditto prism star
1 marowak
1 alolan grimer
1 alolan muk
1 mew
1 giratina

4 dce
4 triple acceleration energy

3 Cynthia
2 Lillie
1 judge
3 Guzma

1 Brooklet hill
1 devoured field

4 ultra ball
3 nest ball
3 Pokémon communications
1 rescue stretcher
2 max potion
3 choice band
1 pal pad

What are Persian and Dewgong here for?
I believe this was a Japanese rogue deck that won a tournament a while back. Dewgong spreads 60 to two Pokemon for a TAE and Persian-GX can hit 220 for a TAE with enough Pokemon in the discard. Basically, you want to start with Dewgong and spread damage around while Zoroark-GX discards Pokemon, then clean up with either Zoroark-GX or Persian-GX (At least, that's how I see it. There are probably other ways to play this deck too.) Persian-GX is also like Teammates as an ability, so it really buffs your consistency. Basically, it functions as a Zoroark-GX deck with different attackers.

@Destroyer5936, you should probably include a Dedenne-GX here as it can help with setup and getting more Pokemon to the discard (although it is still a 2-prize liability on your bench).

Alrighty. Using what @FourteenAlmonds said, I have concluded:
Pal Pad isn’t your friend. It’s a good card to have, but unless it saves your bacon most games, it’s not usually worth keeping in.
Giratina and Mew probably shouldn’t be here as well.
Keeping two different Stadiums (Tools follow this rule as well) in a deck means you usually can’t find the one you want. In a Zoroark deck, this might be different, but I think one of those could go.
Where should we put these extra cards into? I honestly don’t know. Maybe you could do Dedenne GX like Almond man said.

The list (formatted nicely so we know what versions we are talking about):
4x Zoroark-GX SLG
4x Zorua SLG
2x Meowth TEU
2x Persian-GX UNB
2x Seel UNB
2x Dewgong UNB
1x Marshadow SLG
1x Tapu Lele-GX GUR
1x Ditto [*] CES
1x Marowak UNB
1x Alolan Grimer TEU
1x Alolan Muk SUM
1x Mew UNB
1x Giratina LOT

4x Double Colorless Energy
4x Triple Acceleration Energy

3x Cynthia
2x Lillie
1x Judge
3x Guzma

1x Brooklet Hill
1x Devoured Field

4x Ultra Ball
3x Nest Ball
3x Pokémon Communications
1x Rescue Stretcher
2x Max Potion
3x Choice Band
1x Pal Pad

With regard to the pre-evolution choices:

- Zorua SLG is the better version because it can attack for a DCE without needing a Dark Energy; however, you don’t really want to be attacking with it.

- Similarly, Meowth TEU is better because it has 70HP instead of 60; the attacks on the other Meowths are indeed better, but realistically, if you’re attacking with Meowth you’re probably going to lose.

- There is only one Seel in standard right now.

- Alolan Grimer TEU is the more popular choice here because it does decent damage if the opponent is affected by any special conditions. I prefer the Burning Shadows print in this deck because it has slightly higher HP and you can’t inflict any special conditions anyway, but it’s your call on this one.

Back