• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

ZoneZelPlume

scizorlicious

Now with one fewer 's'
So I was looking at http://google.com/ earlier, and stumbled upon something I thought was interesting.

2 Cleffa HS
3-3 Floatzel UL
3-3-3 Magnezone Prime
2-1-2 Vileplume UD

2 Interviewer's Questions
2 Twins
3 Judge
4 Professor Elm's Training Method
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Rare Candy
2 Professor Oak's New Theory

6 Lightning Energy
10 Water Energy
3 Rescue Energy

The strategy is to set up Magnezone and Floatzel with the strong Supporter base, then get started on Vileplume. Floatzel is for energy acceleration on itself to use Magnezone's attack on. Vileplume is for general disruption, especially after Judge.

I'm worried about:
1) Energy. I'm not sure 19 energy will be able to carry me through the entire game, but I'll try it.
2) Early-game Catcher/snipe. If one of my Magnemite is taken out, that could pose problems for me.

Any thoughts?

WOW i always knew that floatzel had potential ever since it's scans where first released.

Now for a little closer to the topic:
the list looks like its pretty solid but there are some flaws that come with every first list (for a rouge at least).

now i've noticed no tyrouge which is important because even though most decks have cut back on baby's there still played is ones or twos in which its important to play tyrouge to get an occasional donk/ko.

-1 cleffa (playing 3 is sorta dangerous)
+1 tyrouge

You wanted to add twins
maybe take out a judge, four is a little exessive. And a rescue i only ever saw the need for more than two.

-1 rescue
-1 judge
Removed: 2
+2 twins
Added: 2

For additional changes i didn't see any more as I said pretty solid list.

~fly_ray

Thanks for the reply!

I don't really like Tyrogue, and with Twins, there isn't much use, but here's what I'm going to do:
-1 Cleffa
-1 Judge
+2 Twins

I feel like taking away a Rescue just limits my already-low energy count (for this deck at least).

Such a good looking deck yo. Like, the combos XD Wow, just flow...Tzel ( Floatzel XD )
Anyhow, I'd go something like:

-1 Magneton
-2 Elm's
+1 Rare Candy
+1 Collector / 1 Communication
+1 Prof Oak's / 1 Communication

Elm's isn't too amazing, and can get kinda cloggy at 4. 2 Elm's and 2 Communication is the way to go IMO.
Also, with those 5 stage 2s, the 4 Rare Candy is needed. Its so much faster.
I've also noticed you don't play any discard cards, like Juniper or Junk Arm, which would let use abuse of your Magnezone's draw even more.
With Judge, you can potentially lower your opponents hand size, then increase yours with Magne-Draw. However, Junk Arm is irrefutably amazing with Magnezone.
If you go ahead and fit in the Communications, I'd suggest finding a spot for Junk Arms.

Well the problem here is that I'm running Vileplume, so Communication and Junk Arm, for the most part, are dead draws past T3ish. 3 Rare Candy is the max I'll play. And since I can't play Communication, Elm's is the best alternative for getting Pokemon.

I would like to include some Sage's Training. I'm thinking about taking out PONT and maybe something else for it. Any ideas there?

Didnt notice you only had 3 rare candys, you NEED four if you ever want a T2 Vileplume or Magnezone

T2 Magnezone or Vileplume isn't necessary. My aim is to get set up with Cleffa. If one or two basics are KO'd, that's okay- I'll be ahead on the prize race once the Magnezones come out. It's best to get set up fully, then start hammering. Plus, it lets me use Twins.

Scizorliscious said:
T2 Magnezone or Vileplume isn't necessary. My aim is to get set up with Cleffa. If one or two basics are KO'd, that's okay- I'll be ahead on the prize race once the Magnezones come out. It's best to get set up fully, then start hammering. Plus, it lets me use Twins.

"Once the Magnezone comes out"
But the Magnezones come out soooo much faster with 4x Rare Candy :p

Back