Zeraora-GX from SM7a Revealed!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Zero Umbreon Pyromaniacal sorcerer
    Zero Umbreon

So, for Primarina’s Harmonics, does it activate for any of your Pokémon, or only Primarina?

2. George Plays 4 Ultra Ball in Every Deck
    George

Is this the first time we've gotten a female version of Pyroar on a card?

3. mattfofatt01 Aspiring Trainer
    mattfofatt01

Bringing back Durant mill!

4. Graven Eminem TTGX
    Graven

I fear no man...but that Zeraora GX...it scares me.

Seriously, this card is going to be nuts combined that, with Thunder Mountain PS and Electric Power, it will be hitting 190 for two energy (or 220 with Choice Band)! This, combined with the new Zebstrika and good ol' Tapu Koko GX (to which I might gets a near garunteed Free Retreat due to its own ability), is going to make Lightning Decks absolutely scary to go up against.

Secondly, if you're playing a Metal deck, that Dialga is absurd against evolution decks. Dusk Mane Necrozma is going to love this card. Now, if Metal gets energy and damage acceleration similar to how Lightning decks are after this set comes out, it's going to be hell for anything that isn't Metal or Lightning.

5. Tapu Lele Inflated and Overstocked
    Tapu Lele

And on this day, a set was born in which no Pokemon had free retreat...

Graven likes this.
  6. Perfect_Shot Standard sucks, so Ban Expanded
    Perfect_Shot

That Stunfisk basically means my Farfetch'd deck can live on post rotation.... Heheheh.

Anyways, Victini looks decent, Pachi seems like a one-of in Electric decks and Zeraora GX is solid.

I personally think the Lightning decks that will succeed are the ones based around Stunfisk or Zekrom GX (or both) poking for heavy damage one Energy attacks boosted by Band and Electric Power, and having Zeraora mainly as a support. Stunfisk living a Diancie boosted Buzzwole GX Jet Punch and then hitting back for a minimum of 100 for a Colorless Energy on a single prize attacker is hardly a joke, nor is the fact Electric now has the tools to turn that into a OHKO with it's boosts.

It's either going to be bad, or be a really good meme.

7. Jeff Stratford Aspiring Trainer
    Jeff Stratford

I feel like some of the cards seem like stuff you would see in a theme deck. The trainers are interesting though

8. Tytus Expanded Legend
    Tytus

well looks like primarina gx might get a bit of attention. Also who wants that full art judge.

9. rek072000 Aspiring Trainer
    rek072000

Advanced Member Member

Are any of these going to be in Celestial Storm or are we going to have to waiting until the next set?

10. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

It's unlikely that they'll be in Celestial Storm, so we'll probably have to wait till our SM8 :)

bbb888 likes this.
  11. bbb888 One Life. One Dream.
    bbb888

It's a mistranslation - Pinsir actually prevents your opponent from RETREATING.

12. pokeraider123456 Aspiring Trainer
    pokeraider123456

no point in using it, since you would be using blastoise anyways

13. DaLoc Aspiring Trainer
    DaLoc

Ditto makes Zoroark good again in November

14. Richard Haeder litleo op plz nerf
    Richard Haeder

I really like the thunder mountain in post-rotation zeraoura decks, also I collect litleos so I really want that litleo.

15. Richard Haeder litleo op plz nerf
    Richard Haeder

I really like ditto in zoropod because you can then play an alolan muk to counter quad hoopa.

16. Kietharr Aspiring Trainer
    Kietharr

Ditto will see play in most stage 1 decks because it can work as a basic for not just your main stage 1s but also any tech stage 1s you want to add like zebrastrika, muk, ect. Zebra will see a ton of play for obvious reasons in a format with limited draw support, and sightseer will join Cynthia as one of the primary draw cards post rotation.

Zeraora is obviously the card they want to push with this set, it not only provides good support for Rayquaza-GX but is a very powerful attacker in its own right that will probably supplant Ray, especially as it comes into the meta after Buzzwole has already taken a beating from rotation.

17. Benja_da_ninja Aspiring Trainer
    Benja_da_ninja

Does Victini only count your Pokemon in play?

18. GamePhoenix Fellow Mortal
    GamePhoenix

Is it just me or does ditto * look like he's about to fight someone?

19. Senorsmith Aspiring Trainer
    Senorsmith

Yes, only your own basic pokemon.

20. Miroslav Aspiring Trainer
    Miroslav

Reaaaaaaaaaally interesting set.
    We're moving onto more consistent, well, consistency options on basics like lapras and various interesting ways to have techs, like kecleon or single energy attackers like stunfisk, other than some extra spicy annoyances like pachirisu.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?