Zelda Wii Leaked Info?

Gale

Guess who's back (kinda)? Back again (kinda)
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/zelda-news/leaked-zelda-wii-info-real-of-fake/

So! Ironically, this popped up today. Me and TFO (The Fallen One) had an interesting discussion on the timeline theory, because according to this, the Link in Zelda Wii is the Hero of Time.

[18:33:57] <Ganon> >:[ [16:31:54] <%Ganon> >:[ Oot (adult) --> ? --> WW ]:< ]:<
[18:33:57] <Ganon> >:[ [16:32:03] <%Ganon> >:[ OoT (child) --> MM --> TP ]:< ]:<

We settled on that. The ? is probably Zelda Wii, although it's debatable. There's like an hour long conversation about this before we came to this conclusion, but that's what we think of so far. What do you guys think about it?

Also, what do you guys think about this chick being the spirit of the Master Sword possibly? That's another interesting thing. If Link does not get the Master Sword but the person who helps him (but at the same time unlike Midna) IS the Master Sword and upgrades whatever sword he gets, that would make sense. If he's the true Hero of Time (possibly the same link from BOTH adult and child storylines of OoT), he could go back in time and obtain the spirit of the Master Sword DURING the OoT events.

Also, this game not being in Hyrule means no Triforce. There's possibly a connection to the Wind Waker, because in the prologue it said that the Hero of Time left Hyrule, which caused the flood.

Timeline theorists, have at it!

I'll make a note. We think that Zelda Wii will be the game that connects Ocarina of Time and The Wind Waker because WW mentions a return of Ganondorf, but there is no hero to stop him. This causes the flooding before Wind Waker. According to the site, the game won't take place in Hyrule. Wind Waker also mentions that the Hero of OoT left Hyrule, causing the Triforce of Courage to fragment. And if the site is correct and Zelda Wii's Link is the Hero of Time, and doesn't take place in Hyrule, then it is definitely what happened to the Hero of Time after he left Hyrule and fragmented the Triforce.

Eiji: "Ocarina of Time basically has two endings of sorts; one has Link as a child and the other has him as an adult. This game, The Wind Waker, takes place a hundred years after the adult Link defeats Ganon at the end of Ocarina."

How the 3D games are linked is pretty much established. There is no gap between WW and OoT. The Hero of Time did leave Hyrule, to go back in time.
Difficulties with the timeline only arise when trying to add the games before OoT to the picture, as well as the non-DS handheld titles.

Or are you goings implying that this game happens during the 100 years inbetween OoT and WW?

That being said, yes, the girl does look like the master sword (although I guess it could be any sword...), most of the images floating around the web have it upside-down, though, her legs are the handle, not the sword, this should be pretty obvious...

A more intelligent Epona is always welcome, but this makes it all sound like Zelda Wii will be another OoT-wannabe (it's a great game, but I don't know how if I want yet another game like it). Meh, rumours and speculation at this point are pretty silly, we'll find out when the game comes out, spoilers are never fun...

Seams plausible. According to Zelda Universe's theory ( http://www.zeldauniverse.net/timeline-theory/ ) that makes sense, the only problem is that OoT can be directly linked(No pun intended)to WW. So it does make sence and that isn't a non Hyrule adventure(like MM) in the Adult Link time line. I would like the idea. Some people get tired of constant OoT sequels. But I love it.
Edit: Ninja'd Heavenly Spoon, by six minutes. That's what happens when you don't refresh like me :/.

Heavenly Spoon :F said:
Eiji: "Ocarina of Time basically has two endings of sorts; one has Link as a child and the other has him as an adult. This game, The Wind Waker, takes place a hundred years after the adult Link defeats Ganon at the end of Ocarina."

How the 3D games are linked is pretty much established. There is no gap between WW and OoT. The Hero of Time did leave Hyrule, to go back in time.
Difficulties with the timeline only arise when trying to add the games before OoT to the picture, as well as the non-DS handheld titles.

Or are you goings implying that this game happens during the 100 years inbetween OoT and WW?

That being said, yes, the girl does look like the master sword (although I guess it could be any sword...), most of the images floating around the web have it upside-down, though, her legs are the handle, not the sword, this should be pretty obvious...

A more intelligent Epona is always welcome, but this makes it all sound like Zelda Wii will be another OoT-wannabe (it's a great game, but I don't know how if I want yet another game like it). Meh, rumours and speculation at this point are pretty silly, we'll find out when the game comes out, spoilers are never fun...

Well the problem with that theory is...Wind Waker mentions that Ganondorf came back in between OoT and WW. And that's why the gods flooded the place. The King of Red Lions also mentions later on *spoiler alert* that the Hero of Time left Hyrule, causing the Triforce of Courage to shatter. This is why we think that there is most likely a game in between the two. It can't be Twilight Princess because there was a hero to save Hyrule, and there was no flood. It also can't be Majora's Mask because that is in the Child timeline, where Link never receives the Triforce.

Basically there's two timelines.

In one, it took 7 years to defeat Ganon and Link, Zelda & Ganondorf got power from the triforce. Then Link was sent back in time, causing an alternate timeline. In that timeline Link & Zelda didn't do the same things and Ganon was stopped right away, failed to be executed, and was sent to the Twilight Realm. However, it seems in that timeline as well they got their triforces but nobody had gotten the triforce so in Twilight Princess the sages didn't understand how Ganondorf had the "power chosen by the gods". Here are both timelines to my knowledge.

OoT(adult)---(100 years or so)--->WW--->PH---(another 100 years)--->ST

OoT(child)--->MM---(100 years or so)--->TP

The GBA games and the next Zelda Wii all fit in there somewhere, but I don't know where exactly. If Zelda Wii is the hero of time Link as rumored, than in my opinion it must be in the OoT child timeline where he grew up over time after MM.

In timeline A, when Link was sent back Ganondorf had escaped and Hyrule became flooded into an ocean. Then in Wind Waker that Link killed Ganondorf for good and other spin off bad guys appeared like Bellum and Malladus in the future in New Hyrule.

In timeline B, Ganondorf was stopped right away without getting the triforce. But then, as shown in a Twilight Princess cutscene he somehow had the triforce of power, and he was then banished to the Twilight Realm. He eventually came back by sharing his power with Zant and growing strong once again by using the Twili. Then the TP Link had killed Ganondorf, but whether Ganondorf will return in the future of that game I cannot say.

All in all, every "OoT sequel" is just another alternate ending to Ocarina of Time, proving there are several alternate timelines.

Meaty said:
Basically there's two timelines.

In one, it took 7 years to defeat Ganon and Link, Zelda & Ganondorf got power from the triforce. Then Link was sent back in time, causing an alternate timeline. In that timeline Link & Zelda didn't do the same things and Ganon was stopped right away, failed to be executed, and was sent to the Twilight Realm. However, it seems in that timeline as well they got their triforces but nobody had gotten the triforce so in Twilight Princess the sages didn't understand how Ganondorf had the "power chosen by the gods". Here are both timelines to my knowledge.

OoT(adult)---(100 years or so)--->WW--->PH---(another 100 years)--->ST

OoT(child)--->MM---(100 years or so)--->TP

The GBA games and the next Zelda Wii all fit in there somewhere, but I don't know where exactly. If Zelda Wii is the hero of time Link as rumored, than in my opinion it must be in the OoT child timeline where he grew up over time after MM.

In timeline A, when Link was sent back Ganondorf had escaped and Hyrule became flooded into an ocean. Then in Wind Waker that Link killed Ganondorf for good and other spin off bad guys appeared like Bellum and Malladus in the future in New Hyrule.

In timeline B, Ganondorf was stopped right away without getting the triforce. But then, as shown in a Twilight Princess cutscene he somehow had the triforce of power, and he was then banished to the Twilight Realm. He eventually came back by sharing his power with Zant and growing strong once again by using the Twili. Then the TP Link had killed Ganondorf, but whether Ganondorf will return in the future of that game I cannot say.

All in all, every "OoT sequel" is just another alternate ending to Ocarina of Time, proving there are several alternate timelines.

Funny how you basically just agreed to our timelines in the OP. Except I have a correction for your conclusion. There has always been a Zelda timeline, it's just that Ocarina of Time is just considered the root of all havoc in the timeline, considering it splits it. This is just the most logical explanation we came up with.

So you do think it's during the 100 years between OoT and WW?
Where would the Hero of Time come from, though? I mean, technically, Link no longer exists in the adult timeline. Most of the story which is explained in WW also happens AFTER the Hero of Time leaves, and you can't exactly have a game where the player doesn't even have to be present, or where his presence would basically falsify everything...

Here's to guessing Zelda Wii will be a TP sequel, hopefully linking it to aLttP (because OoT was supposed to be a prequel for that game, but they sure messed that up big time...). Why? Because I explained why I don't think the inbetween OoT-WW theory would work, and there seems to be no more Ganon after WW, based on the latest DS game.
There's also the possibility of it not having Ganon, in which case they can basically do what they like, even make it the MM of TP. But it'd be sad for Ganon to not be included in such an important game.

Heavenly Spoon :F said:
So you do think it's during the 100 years between OoT and WW?
Where would the Hero of Time come from, though? I mean, technically, Link no longer exists in the adult timeline. Most of the story which is explained in WW also happens AFTER the Hero of Time leaves, and you can't exactly have a game where the player doesn't even have to be present, or where his presence would basically falsify everything...

Here's to guessing Zelda Wii will be a TP sequel, hopefully linking it to aLttP (because OoT was supposed to be a prequel for that game, but they sure messed that up big time...). Why? Because I explained why I don't think the inbetween OoT-WW theory would work, and there seems to be no more Ganon after WW, based on the latest DS game.
There's also the possibility of it not having Ganon, in which case they can basically do what they like, even make it the MM of TP. But it'd be sad for Ganon to not be included in such an important game.

Yeah no Ganondorf would suck. /biased

So what do you guys think about the possibility that the girl on the concept art at E3 is the Master Sword's...er...non-sword incarnation?

You guys are wasting your time. Nintendo is tighter than tight when it comes to their games, and they are free to do pretty much what ever they want with them. So either way, I highly doubt you'll even be close to what the game is about. :p

I'm sure hoping it's a TP sequel. Like I've said in Chillax zone TP's my fav. But I think I'm going to choose left handed even though I'm right handed because it's just not right to have a right-handed Link (no pun intended). That's what makes Wii TP weird for me. I like the GCN game where Link's actually a lefty and Death Mountain and Lake Hylia don't look like they switched places since OoT... then again Temple of Time's way down in the forest either way...-_-

I do want Ganon back, but i don't think Ganondorf and direct TP sequel go togetehr, I mean we never saw Ganondorf in PH or MM...

DarthPika said:
You guys are wasting your time. Nintendo is tighter than tight when it comes to their games, and they are free to do pretty much what ever they want with them. So either way, I highly doubt you'll even be close to what the game is about. :p

http://www.gannon-banned.com

There is a timeline.

Meaty said:
I'm sure hoping it's a TP sequel. Like I've said in Chillax zone TP's my favorite. But I think I'm going to choose left handed even though I'm right handed because it's just not right to have a right-handed Link (no pun intended). That's what makes Wii TP weird for me. I like the GCN game where Link's actually a lefty and Death Mountain and Lake Hylia don't look like they switched places since OoT... then again Temple of Time's way down in the forest either way...-_-

I do want Ganon back, but i don't think Ganondorf and direct TP sequel go togetehr, I mean we never saw Ganondorf in PH or MM...

PH was a sequel to WW where he was at the bottom of the sea. MM was in an alternate dimension to Hyrule from what I've heard about it. Either way it wasn't in Hyrule, and Ganondorf is in Hyrule.

Yeah but exactly, direct sequels tend to be from 3D games that took place in hyrule. Their sequels are usually in some different place with no Ganondorf.

As much as I dislike right-handed deformed mutant Link, I'd probably end up picking him (unless they mirror the entire world again ._.), because I'm kinda expecting the controls to be rather advanced (since it'll probably be using Wii Motion Plus). If it's a good game, I'll probably do a left-handed playthrough as well :p

Anyhow, a direct sequel to TP would not go well with a game which has been in development for so long. This is supposed to be THE game for the Wii, the epic quest, the apotheoses of Zelda games, you can't have that and not have Ganon in this...
Or I guess the return of Majora? Oh well, as long as it's epic enough.

Who cares about Majora... Ganon will beat him anyday. But the bad guy will probably be the evil blue bird with an afro from Twilight Princess that attacks you in the forest when you take some red potion or lantern oil.

If it is the HoT then it can't be anything on the Adult timeline because he simple just doesn't exist there after the ending of OoT. That leads me to deduce that (If this information is actually real) that it will be a partial sequel to MM. Which then leads me to beleive that he doesn't find Navi - which is the whole reason he undertook the the Termina mission.

Although I think it will be that it's the MM Link coming back (from what the information states) it doesn't mean that the Majora will be back. If you look at Twilight Princesses back you see the "Dark Interlopers" who are chucked out of Hyrule and into the Twilight realm, so in a way this game could be the bridge between MM and TP and explaining how the Twili's came to be Twili's.

It would also explain why in TP the clothes you receive from the light spirit aren't 12 year old sized.

Back