BW/BW2 Zekrom's Second type revealed?

typhlonruxs

Aspiring Trainer
WARNING:THIS IS NOT 100% CONFIRMED

I read something in Serebii.net a while ago..What do you think?

The host of Pokémon Sunday, Nakagawa Shoko, blogged today about the character she is voicing in the thirteenth movie. With this, she mentioned about her love for Electric types and stated that due to this, she wants to get Zekrom. This statement was quickly removed from her blog but people managed to catch it in time. If this holds true then it will mean that Zekrom is of a Dragon and Electric type, a new and unique type combination. Remember though, this is NOT confirmed, albeit coming from a very likely source plus she could have removed it due to her being mistaken about Zekrom's type. We'll bring more as and when it comes Click the picture to go to our New Pokémon Page

It wouldn't strike me as too odd, thanks to its turbine tail. I'd have the same reaction to that being its secondary Type as I did with Palkia's being Water - I wouldn't have seen it coming, but I'd be fine with it. Its design doesn't scream "Electric", but Palkia's design didn't scream "Water", either.

Hopefully if it does turn out to be Dragon / Electric, it'll have Levitate. ;D *Shot*

Xous said:
It wouldn't strike me as too odd, thanks to its turbine tail. I'd have the same reaction to that being its secondary Type as I did with Palkia's being Water - I wouldn't have seen it coming, but I'd be fine with it. Its design doesn't scream "Electric", but Palkia's design didn't scream "Water", either.

Hopefully if it does turn out to be Dragon / Electric, it'll have Levitate. ;D *Shot*
Although Palkia's Water type made sense in a certain way. Pearls are found in oceans (water), just like diamonds are as hard as steel. But yeah, Palkia's design didn't give anything away.

(If it turns out to be true, will Reshiram be Dragon-Fire then?)

This could be what the electric looking cave has to do with. Maybe, it is Zekrom's lair?

Xous said:

Palkia doesn't scream Water, but I could see how it could be a Water-type Pokemon with the whole Pearl theme and all, and, in my personal opinion, its design looks like it could have originated from the sea, its "wings", for example, once could have been used as "fins" for swimming.

With Zekrom, I don't see any traces of electricity, aside from that tail. If it is an Electric type, it certainly doesn't look like one to me.

The whole "pearls are from water" thing never crossed my mind before... Definitely a good point. xD

The turbine tail is one feature that could point to Zekrom being Electric. But what about that blue light thing at the end of its "mane" (the part that juts out of the back of its head)? The artwork of Zekrom is lit by a cyan-colored light source, and that part is oddly bright (and cyan-colored). So could that be an LED, or something?

And Muddy68, the electricity-filled cave is an excellent point. It'll be interesting to see what becomes of that.

Yeah, the tail does look like a turbine...I honestly thought it was a generator.
It's interesting that we can figure out so much with so little information...

Xous said:
The whole "pearls are from water" thing never crossed my mind before... Definitely a good point. xD

The turbine tail is one feature that could point to Zekrom being Electric. But what about that blue light thing at the end of its "mane" (the part that juts out of the back of its head)? The artwork of Zekrom is lit by a cyan-colored light source, and that part is oddly bright (and cyan-colored). So could that be an LED, or something?

And Muddy68, the electricity-filled cave is an excellent point. It'll be interesting to see what becomes of that.
Haha, an LED. x3 Haven't noticed that part yet. But it definitely seems weird :/ Why would they bother coloring such a small part of it blue?

Electric would be very interesting. The more I examine Zekrom, the more I can seem him being electric. The tail is a big sign, plus the electric cave, plus the blue reflections on his body.(Lightning can have a bluish tint at times) I think Electric would be very interesting.

The top part of his head is also kinda shaped like a lightning bolt. This would be really cool if it turns out to be true.

dmaster out.

That would be cool if it turns out to be true. However, I was and still am hoping for it to be a dark-type. Good detective work eveybody. I could see it being electric-type.

I think yea, Zekrom's second type is Electric. Becuase:

1. They deleted the blog post Nakagawa Shoko made becuase they didn't want to be reveled.
2. It's hard to make a new type now, if they do, they will put light type Pokemon in Gen I, II, III, IV and here V.

Oh god help :/ and everybody's driving eachother nuts again with speculations and the hopings for Zekrom being partly electric are already building.

Remember people, this was JUST SPECULATION. Nothing is confirmed. Although somewhat likely I guess...

(btw, the 'electric cave' isn't evidence for Zekrom being partly electric. So could the Sky Arrow Bridge be evidence for Zekrom being partly flying. That doesn't make any sense)

oooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh spooooooooooooooooooooooooky
Please do not spam.
~Zyflair

After seeing this I think Zekrom might actually be electric. That's pretty sweet. I'm guessing that Reshiram migth be fire or flying for similar reasons.

I think all of these are excellent points that do point to Zekrom's type to be Electric. I think the glow on the pokemon may be hints of their type, like Xous said before Zekrom's cyan-colored glow is the same color as the electricity in the cave. Because of this I think Reshiram's type might be Fire due to its pinkish-red glow. Its tail also kind of looks like the end of jet where fire comes out to propel the jet.

I would very much enjoy an electric type. It seems special and unusual judging by Zekrom's palette, but at the same time it doesn't feel as absurd thanks to this so-called "reveal" which allows people to see it as a "storm deity" of sorts.

I dont think its it's second type, I think its it's third. This could be the introduction of tri-types in pokemon.

GHJamesGH said:
I don't think its it's second type, I think its it's third. This could be the introduction of tri-types in pokemon.
that would add so much confusion. the gen 5 pokes with tri types would have either so many weaknesses or so many resistances. If this happens, it would be so ghey.

Back