• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Zekrom/Eels/Raikou (BW-on)

Avegaille

サッカ やろうぜ!
I decided to make my deck to go with BW-on standards... while I'm not much of a competitive player, I wanted to see how far this deck of mine will go... (of course acquiring that Raikou EX might take time).

17 Pokemon:
4 Tynamo (DE 45)
4 Eelektrik (NV 40)
1 Minun (DE 40)
1 Plusle (DE 39)
2 Zekrom EX (ND 97)
2 Zebstrika (ND 48)
2 Blitzle (NV 35)
1 Raikou-EX (DE 105)

30 Trainers and Supporters:
3 Professor Juniper (DE 98)
3 Ultra Ball (DE 102)
3 Pokemon Catcher (DE 111)
2 PlusPower (BW 96)
3 N (DE 96)
2 Super Rod (NV 95)
3 Bianca (EP 90)
3 Random Receiver (DE 99)
2 Switch (BW 104)
2 Eviolite (NV 91)
2 Level Ball (ND 89)
2 Enhanced Hammer (DE 94)

13 Energy Cards:
4 Double Colorless Energy (ND 92) Edit Delete
10 Lightning Energy (BW 108)

Well, we already know the standard Eels strategy, but just a note, I have no plans on putting a Mewtwo EX in this deck until the hype of said card is gone (and which said hype is still there :p)

I wanted to see the possibility of the Minun and Plusle in the deck and also, I was thinking of adding some Enchanced Hammer in the said deck. Any suggestions/what else to add/subtract would be appreciated... xD

Hm... Why no Eviolites for the Zekrom and Raikou EX? Seriously, card is practically broken.

And why no Junk Arm either?

Probably find a way to fit Classic Zekrom in there as well. Mewtwo EX if you can get one.

@ Setosama, this is BW-on, Junk Arm was in TM.

-2 Minun
-2 Plusle
-1 Zekrom EX
-1 Raikou EX
-2-2 Zebstrika
-1 Eelectrik
-1 Super Rod
-1 N
-1 Electric Energy
= -14

+2 Mewtwo EX (I know you said none until it's not hyped, but it is soo good)
+1 Pokemon Catcher
+3 Zekrom
+1 Terrakion (NV)
+2 Prisim Energy
+1 Switch
+1 Bianca
+1 Plus Power
+2 Thundurus
+2 Eviolite
I changed the deck to Zekeels...-_-. Still, this is a turn for the best, and most of the cards were in here already.

Oh, whoops, I forgot the Eviolites when making this list. :p

Hmm, changing everything of the Basic Pokemon I put in the first place practically makes the list I put up useless... :p I actually would like to keep them, mind you.

I can reduce the Raikou EX to one and also N so I can add the Eviolites.

And also reduce Lightning to add one more Bianca...

So that makes it:

- 1 Raikou EX
- 1 N
- 1 Lightning

+ 2 Eviolite
+ 1 Bianca

---

But I want to put some Enhanced Hammers... not sure what to remove, I can remove some Pokemon or other trainer cards or even energy cards, but I don't know... *shrug*

Avegaille said:
But I want to put some Enhanced Hammers... not sure what to remove, I can remove some Pokemon or other trainer cards or even energy cards, but I don't know... *shrug*

If you really want to included the hammers, I would suggest -1 Super Rod, -1 Ultra Ball, and and maybe -1 Juniper since you have the Random Receivers to hopefully find the ones you have.

My main concern about your deck is the rather thin Pokemon lines and the lack of cards to seek out your Pokemon. Level balls are pretty standard to set up your Eels. Honestly I would suggest swapping out your Plusle-Minun engine for the Level Balls. I really want Plusle and Minun to work for card drawing but I was having them KO'd before doing much at Pre-release tournaments against cobbled together decks from booster packs. I can't imagine they would last longer against well constructed decks.

Good luck.

RichD said:
If you really want to included the hammers, I would suggest -1 Super Rod, -1 Ultra Ball, and and maybe -1 Juniper since you have the Random Receivers to hopefully find the ones you have.

My main concern about your deck is the rather thin Pokemon lines and the lack of cards to seek out your Pokemon. Level balls are pretty standard to set up your Eels. Honestly I would suggest swapping out your Plusle-Minun engine for the Level Balls. I really want Plusle and Minun to work for card drawing but I was having them KO'd before doing much at Pre-release tournaments against cobbled together decks from booster packs. I can't imagine they would last longer against well constructed decks.

Good luck.

Mmm, thanks for the tips, I may try swapping out the Plusle-Minun (or just reduce them to 1-1 or just Plusle alone at 2 IDK XD) at some point (for Level Balls), but I'll try the reduction tips you suggested so I can include the hammers... :D

This deck doesn't exactly looks like a zekeels to me, more more of a sniping deck since minun spreads and zebstrika and raikou can both snipe. Would you like it more of the usual zekeels as it says in the title or more of a sniping deck?

Guys don't ignore what a person has in bold, or tell them they are crazy "why they don't have?!?" :( She just wants to have a good time with her deck. Aka a deck that isn't going to loose 100% of the time.
If we can read and be nice she clearly says:
1) She doesn't play competitive. So she's not going to need crazy expensive/over-hyped cards.
2) No Mewtwo in BOLD. Suggesting it is not going to help her. Just make her a bit annoyed. There are many reasons why people don't want that card in their deck. Majority of the time, it's money budgeting. :c

All facepalms aside. You do not need Mewtwo to win everything. c: So don't even bother throwing $100 out the window for two of them, especially since you stated that you aren't hyper competitive.
As I learned from Jirachi (I see the light now haha thank you), it wouldn't hurt to add Sage's Training and even Twins. Though for this Sage's would play best.
-2 Bianca
+2 Sage's
Speeds up setting your discard up for energies and you keep the cards you want. Combine with the Juniper you already have, and you should have some favorable hands to play with and a speedy set up.

Jirachi has a good point, it looks more like a sniper deck. Not really a bad thing at all. Just have to work more with the initiative to kill anything your opponent tries to set up (which will probably be an EX).

Agreed with RichD as well, suggesting the take outs of the Min/Puls pikas. They just die too fast. If someone has perfected a way with those two in a deck, that'd be nice.

@ Mameshiba, there is a wonderful thing called proxies that you can get from Bebe's Search.

Mameshiba said:
Guys don't ignore what a person has in bold, or tell them they are crazy "why they don't have?!?" :( She just wants to have a good time with her deck. Aka a deck that isn't going to loose 100% of the time.
If we can read and be nice she clearly says:
1) She doesn't play competitive. So she's not going to need crazy expensive/over-hyped cards.
2) No Mewtwo in BOLD. Suggesting it is not going to help her. Just make her a bit annoyed. There are many reasons why people don't want that card in their deck. Majority of the time, it's money budgeting. :c

All facepalms aside. You do not need Mewtwo to win everything. c: So don't even bother throwing $100 out the window for two of them, especially since you stated that you aren't hyper competitive.
As I learned from Jirachi (I see the light now haha thank you), it wouldn't hurt to add Sage's Training and even Twins. Though for this Sage's would play best.
-2 Bianca
+2 Sage's
Speeds up setting your discard up for energies and you keep the cards you want. Combine with the Juniper you already have, and you should have some favorable hands to play with and a speedy set up.

Jirachi has a good point, it looks more like a sniper deck. Not really a bad thing at all. Just have to work more with the initiative to kill anything your opponent tries to set up (which will probably be an EX).

Agreed with RichD as well, suggesting the take outs of the Min/Puls pikas. They just die too fast. If someone has perfected a way with those two in a deck, that'd be nice.

Haha, thanks for understanding, but remember this deck is solely BW-on standards, so Sage's Training doesn't fit in this deck. xD;; (and yeah, no Mewtwo EX for me, unless their value declines :p)

Yeah, I'm attempting the sniper deck mode with the Eels as the Energy accelerator... while having Zekrom EX as the finishing blow... Usually, I would target their engines or their powerhouses with reserved energy attached (if possible).

I'll test around and yeah, those 2 little critters might be replaced by Level Balls or more Zebras. =P

Back