• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

ZekEels for Nationals!!

MonsterHunter909

Formerly Known as Tybike
I'm going to Battle Roads in a couple of days and I need feedback on my deck so I can win it.​

ZekEels​

The Deck:

12 Pokemon:
2x Zekrom EX ND
2x Zekrom BW
3x Eelektrik NV
4x Tynamo (3x NV 38/101)(1x Tynamo 44/108 DE)
1x Terrakion NV

33 Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums

3x Professor Oak's New Theory CL
3x Proffesor Juniper BW
3x Dual Ball CL
2x N NV
4x Junk Arm TM
2x Pokemon Catcher DE
2x Eviolite NV
2x Switch BW
2x Ulta Ball DE
1x Super Rod NV
2x Level Ball ND
2x Random Reciever DE
1x Skyarrow Bridge ND
2x PlusPower UL
2x Super Scoop Up UL

15 Energy

8x {L} Energy CL
4x {C}{C} Energy
3x Prism Energy ND

60/60 Total Cards!

Strategy

Standard Zekeels Strategy.​
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
What else should I add? I need two more cards added. Post your ideas regardless if it helps me or not. Thanks for looking!

~Tybike​

RE: ZTD (Zekrom, Tornadus, Donphan)

There are way too many energies. Perhaps either make it more based off the fighting types or more based on the zekrom and add eelektrik?

@ Jirachi Great idea! I will change things around to make it more base off of Zekrom/Eelectrik. I will update after school.

Update!

+4 Tynamo (38/101) NV
+3 Eelektrik NV
+1 Eelektross NV
+1 Rainbow Energy
+1 {L} Energy
Total: 10

-2 {W} Energy
-1 Cleffa CL
-1 Landorus NV
-1 Donphan Prime HS
-1 Phanpy HS
-1 Tyrogue HS
-5 {F} Energy
Total:12

Thanks to Jirachi for suggestion!

RE: Eelectric Hitter ( Zekrom, Eelektrik, Thundurus)

I don't think the electross is a good idea. The Dynomotor is what you want more than some stage 2 beefy attacker, since you have basics that can do that. Also the Cryogynal's wouldnt do anything for the deck, as they need 2 water energies to use its attack (2nd one). I'd also suggest more strong basics (like Ex's even )due to you having pokemon collector and such.

@KadyShack707
Right now I don't have the resources to pull in EX's. I put in Eelektross as a last resort option, but it is a unneeded card. I just found out that Fightning types (like Donphan Prime) don't work well and I'll be removing those too. What are the good EX's used recently anyways? I am still relearning the format. Last time I played was before the EX's came out, and the metagame was very different. Tanks for looking! :)

Does this help any?

-1 Eelektross (90 damage? Eelektross DE is allot better. And that one still isn't very good)
-2 Energy Search (Only searches basic energy. Might as well be more lightning energy)
-4 Communication (Change into other search cards)
- 1-1 Donphan (A Stage 1 Dark/Lightning counter sounds a little clunky when there are basics that do the job better)
-1 Cryogonal (You don't want to start with a Pokemon that's only good in 1 or 2 match ups)
-2 Twins (This deck is way to fast for this card)
-4 Rainbow (Only if you decide to take out Donphan) (Even if you don't. Take out 1 of these)

+2 Junk Arm (Junk Arm = Cooler then Cryogonal. puns :p. Plus it helps discard energy)
+2 Juniper (You need A LOT more consistency)
+2 N (Again. More consistency)
+2 Random Receiver (^^ Read that ^^)
+4 Level Ball/Ultra Ball (I'd do 2-2. But it's up to you) (Level Ball helps get out Eelektrik easier, and Ultra Ball discards lightning energy)
+1 Terrakion (A easier Fighting Pokemon to use then Donphan)
+2 Lightning Energy (6? I think a few more would be needed)
+3 Prism Energy (Only if you decide take out Donphan)

NOTE: There's 2 more +s then -s because your list only has 58 cards.

Try testing with some of these changes to see what you like/dislike about them.

P.S. The best EX's for this deck are: Raikou EX, Tornadus EX and Zekrom EX to a lesser extent.

@Machamp the Champion

OMG! Thank you! That is what I was looking for. I hope to get my hands on some EX's and i will update soon. What are you a Pokemon Whiz? :p

tybike said:
@Machamp the Champion

OMG! Thank you! That is what I was looking for. I hope to get my hands on some EX's and i will update soon. What are you a Pokemon Whiz? :p

Uh, no. Not really. I just know what cards are good, and fit well in this deck. I mostly just get advice for much better players then I.

UPDATE!

-1 Eelektross
-2 Energy Search
-4 Communication
- 1-1 Donphan
-1 Cryogonal
-2 Twins
-4 Rainbow

+2 Junk Arm
+2 Juniper
+2 N
+2 Random Receiver
+4 Level Ball/Ultra Ball
+1 Terrakion
+2 Lightning Energy
+3 Prism Energy

I'll update main post tomorrow...

I really hate using Pokemon Collector with Random Reciever. I would take them out for some dual balls.

Hey Tybike just a couple of suggestions

-1 Cryogonal (32/101) NV The cons really outweigh the pros. Sure it could be alright against terrakion, but it's to fragile and gets revenged by Terrakion, which is the only match up it's good in.
-3 Collector as James said random receiver just doesn't work with collector and in the current format you need the T1 draw supporter.

+3 Dual ball This card is amazing in this deck, with smeragle you can grab multiple basic plus drop multiple draw supporters on your first turn
+1 N This card is just too good not to be running 3 of, personally I prefer 4, but you don't have much room. Also with the random receiver you can hit this card rather easily.

After playing in Regionals I found as though collector put me behind a turn because I couldn't drop a draw supporter on the first turn, unless I had smeragle out and even if I did I would have to run the risk of hitting a Juniper. Just a suggestion, but if you can find room for one or two smeragle, it allows for you to keep up with decks like Darkrai. Also as it's been pointed out if you can get them Ex's like Mewtwo EX and Tornadus Ex can be extremely powerful in this deck and allows you to go toe-to-toe with Terrakion with Tornadus Ex and allows for cheep KO's against CMT

RE: ZekEels for Battle Roads!!

- 1 Rocky Helmet (not needed)
- 1 Super Rod (1 is plenty)

+ 1 Thundurus (Great lead)
+ 1 Skyarrow Bridge (Your going to have problems if they counter stadium you)

Any chance you could get your hands on Mewtwo EX or Raikou EX? They are both very good in this deck and Mewtwo is fantastic as a fighting counter.

Blah said:
- 1 Rocky Helmet (not needed)
- 1 Super Rod (1 is plenty)

+ 1 Thundurus (Great lead)
+ 1 Skyarrow Bridge (Your going to have problems if they counter stadium you)

Any chance you could get your hands on Mewtwo EX or Raikou EX? They are both very good in this deck and Mewtwo is fantastic as a fighting counter.

I think I could possibly trade for one of them. Which is better?

Mewtwo Ex is a lot better than Raikou, Mewtwo makes for to have a better CMT match-up. Plus you run super rod so you can use two even though you only have one. Raikou EX is situation and really depends on your playstyle, personally I don't like the card, but try it out if you can get it.

In short Mew2 Ex > Raikou Ex

Also if you can get a second mewtwo ex or the raikou ex drop heavy ball for the other ex, you already run 3 dual ball, 2 ultra ball plus multiple draw supporters so what ever you were going to get with heavy ball you can already grab with said cards.

miniman said:
Mewtwo Ex is a lot better than Raikou, Mewtwo makes for to have a better CMT match-up. Plus you run super rod so you can use two even though you only have one. Raikou EX is situation and really depends on your playstyle, personally I don't like the card, but try it out if you can get it.

Also if you can get a second mewtwo ex or the raikou ex drop heavy ball for the other ex, you already run 3 dual ball, 2 ultra ball plus multiple draw supporters so what ever you were going to get with heavy ball you can already grab with said cards.
I'm making a trade thread to trade for them I will put Mew2 EX as my #1 priority. I personally don't like proxies, so I wont add it without getting one first.

Quick update cause I found some dual balls.
-3 Pokemon Collector
+3 Dual Ball

miniman said:

Yeah, Mewtwo is better in the sense that you can toss him on the bench, add energy, then retreat the attacker so mewtwo can sweep for a turn or two. Sadly in my Zeels I don't run a mewtwo, but instead a Raikou EX, I would love to put mewtwo in, just havent gotten my hands on one.
They can snipe, and sniping is deck dependant, as decks which have only big basics, this isn't the best card, but against zeels or anything that needs to set up ( like a tepig sitting on a bench etc) they can snipe anything 100 or lower, which in a mirror match is a lovely thing to do as eels are vital for quick energies.

KadyShack707 said:
Yeah, Mewtwo is better in the sense that you can toss him on the bench, add energy, then retreat the attacker so mewtwo can sweep for a turn or two. Sadly in my Zeels I don't run a mewtwo, but instead a Raikou EX, I would love to put mewtwo in, just havent gotten my hands on one.
They can snipe, and sniping is deck dependant, as decks which have only big basics, this isn't the best card, but against zeels or anything that needs to set up ( like a tepig sitting on a bench etc) they can snipe anything 100 or lower, which in a mirror match is a lovely thing to do as eels are vital for quick energies.

It really comes down to personal preference, I ran 4 catchers in my list so I found that I never needed Raikou Ex cause I would simply catcher up what I would have sniped and Ko'ed it. Although my list really differed from others, I ran 3 Zekrom and no Thundurus so I'd be hitting for 120 from T2 on. Mew2 is just to useful not to be running in Zeels.

Kadyshack, how does your list go against CMT and other decks without any Mew2 Ex?

Also Tybike if you can get a hold of a Tornadus Ex it's an extremely useful in Zeels. It gives you a hard counter against Terrakion.

Back