• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

ZekEels Bw-On

Nitro

Shiny Charm :)
Zekeels Bw on

Pokemon - 14
2 Zekrom (Any BLW)
2 Mewtwo-EX
2 Tynamo (Spark)
2 Tynamo (Thunder Wave)
3 Eelektrik NV
1 Zekrom EX
1 Tornadus EX (better than regular tornadus thanks to max potion)
1 Raikou EX (awesome sniper)

T/S/S - 33
4- N
4- Pokemon Catcher
3- Level Ball
3- Ultra Ball
2- Eviloite
4- Professor Juniper
2- Bianca
2- Random Reciever
2- Skyarrow Bridge
2- Switch
1- Super Rod
2- Max Potion
2- Tool Scrapper (need this so garbador doesn't troll me)

Energy -13
9- Lightning Energy 
4- Double Colorless 

60 total

The basic eels strategy. Tornadus ex is better than regular tornadus because I can use max potion to not let my oponent get two prizes. Raikou is pretty much the beat sniper in the format so I included him. Zekeels hates garbador so I thought i needed at least two tool scrapper.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Very nice!

I personally like 2 Raikou EX, because at least one always seems to be prized for me.

(Love your avatar and sig, by the way)

2 Raikou is nice, but honestly, I don't even see any room in his list for a second one. XD

What I can say is that 2 Switch is far and away not enough for this deck in the B/W-On format with no Junk Arms available anymore. An additional Switch can make up for the lack of a 2nd Raikou as you can retreat with a Skyarrow Bridge out (Max Potion if necessary) and then Dynamotor to charge it up and play Switch to get it back. For this reason I would suggest this change:

-2 Random Receiver
+1 Switch (explained above)
+1 Bianca

Now I'm not sure what your stance on Random Receiver is, but I personally don't like it as it takes out another one of your Supporter outs when you play it. Think of it this way: You have 12 outs in your deck for Supporters and let's say your first couple turns you play both Random Receivers (hypothetically). After those two turns, you know have 8 outs in your deck. With more Supporters and less Random Receiver, you will have more outs to get what you need. With an additional Bianca (3 is a great number for this deck with Ultra Ball), you'll have 11 outs (less than before), but over the course of a game, you'll have one more Supporter in your deck. I hope this makes sense, but if you're wary about cutting them as I know a lot of people are, I suggest you test it and try it out and see how the deck runs both ways. Hope this helps! :)

dmaster out.

Three Bianca?

Bianca is just thee for the bad N turns. It uses up your supporter for the turn, and isn't THAT helpful anyway.

I agree with the switch, but would add a Raikou EX instead of a Bianca. 2 works with the deck- 3 just wastes deck slots.

Have you played with a B/W-on Zeels list? I've tried all counts of Bianca and I would really never go below three...

What you have to understand is that while N and Professor Juniper are clearly the best and superior Supporter cards we have, you can only play eight total of them. That's simply not enough even with Random Receiver factoring in (already explained why that's a bad choice in general). Bianca and Cheren are the next couple of Supporters and since you can't only play eight Supporters, you should obviously be playing more of either of these or a mix of both. Because Ultra Ball discards two cards from your hand and the list being pretty proficient on Trainers that you can play almost immediately (See Level Ball, Skyarrow, Eviolite, Switch, Tool Scrapper if there is a Garbador out or really any tools, etc.), Bianca is almost always netting you at least 3 cards and in most cases, possibly even more. I see no reason why more Supporters is a bad thing, and while, yes, Bianca is great after an N, it's also good just to have so you don't stare at a dead hand most of the time. Basically, the more outs of a Supporter, the better is the only point I'm getting across. If you don't prefer more than 2 Bianca, then Cheren is the next best option IMO.

The reason I chose to put in the 3rd Bianca is because, as you can see, I cut Random Receiver, so I had to make up that space for Supporter consistency. The reason why I didn't put Cheren over the Bianca is I feel a 3rd Bianca is better than a one-of Cheren. If I could have found room for one more spot, a split of 2 Cheren/2 Bianca is certainly viable, but as it is now, not possible for me to find the room. I hope this helps explain my changes.

dmaster out.

ash1709 thank you! Raikou isn't my main attacker so I don't need 2.

dmaster, I feel i need to keep random receiver because it helps a lot. But I think I could take out super rod for either a switch or bianca. It helps in the consistency of drawing my lot of supporters.

dmaster said:
Have you played with a B/W-on Zeels list? I've tried all counts of Bianca and I would really never go below three...

What you have to understand is that while N and Professor Juniper are clearly the best and superior Supporter cards we have, you can only play eight total of them. That's simply not enough even with Random Receiver factoring in (already explained why that's a bad choice in general). Bianca and Cheren are the next couple of Supporters and since you can't only play eight Supporters, you should obviously be playing more of either of these or a mix of both. Because Ultra Ball discards two cards from your hand and the list being pretty proficient on Trainers that you can play almost immediately (See Level Ball, Skyarrow, Eviolite, Switch, Tool Scrapper if there is a Garbador out or really any tools, etc.), Bianca is almost always netting you at least 3 cards and in most cases, possibly even more. I see no reason why more Supporters is a bad thing, and while, yes, Bianca is great after an N, it's also good just to have so you don't stare at a dead hand most of the time. Basically, the more outs of a Supporter, the better is the only point I'm getting across. If you don't prefer more than 2 Bianca, then Cheren is the next best option IMO.

The reason I chose to put in the 3rd Bianca is because, as you can see, I cut Random Receiver, so I had to make up that space for Supporter consistency. The reason why I didn't put Cheren over the Bianca is I feel a 3rd Bianca is better than a one-of Cheren. If I could have found room for one more spot, a split of 2 Cheren/2 Bianca is certainly viable, but as it is now, not possible for me to find the room. I hope this helps explain my changes.

dmaster out.

dmaster, those are very valid points. My current deck is a BW on Eel deck that I'm working on.

While I have been testing I haven't been as much as I want to.
I might use some of your suggestions... :) Thanks! (Even though we're both here to help Totoro)

I'm thinking about it actually. I will keep super rod. But maybe I don't need random receiver.

I'm not pressuring you into going like "well I _have_ to take these out now because they're bad". I'm just suggesting some different options that I've found while testing the deck quite a lot (more so than any other B/W-On deck). Again, I would highly suggest just trying out different lists and such and seeing if there are any possible consistency issues in setting up and playing over the course of the game.

dmaster out.

ok i have been doing a bit of testing with my original list:

Zekeels testing

Zeels 2 win - 1 loss

gartaria 3 win - 0 loss

Going good so far

Back