• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Zekeels BW-On

BenjaminLDuco

Aspiring Trainer
This is the deck list I made for this deck preparing for next year. It may stink but I am a newbie to competitive play again.

17 Pokemon
•2 Zekrom Ex
•2 Raikou Ex
•4-3 Elektrik (NB#38-NB#40)
•2 Zekrom
•2 Thundurus
•1 Shaymin Ex
•1 Tornadus

25 Trainers/Supporters
•1 Super Rod
•2 Heavy Ball
•2 Pokemon Communication
•3 Ultra Ball
•3 Pokemon Catcher
•3 Random Receiver
•3 Level Ball
•4 N
•4 Professor Juniper

18 Energy
•4 Double Colorless
•2 Grass
•12 Electric

-2 virizion (if you need a fighting counter shaymin EX would be a better grass type and tornados EX and tornados EX are better fighting counters)
-1 zekrom EX (1 is needed)
-2 max potion (not needed)
-2 rocky helmet (I think eviolite would be netter)
-1 communication (more drawing support is needed)
-3electric energy (only 10needed)
-3 grass (not needed)

+2 random receiver (needed)
+1 N (hand refreshment and disruption
+1 tornados EX (terrakion counter)
+1 tornados (counter)
+1 super rod (recycling)
+2 mewtwo EX (counter)
+2 eviolite (good against terrakion)
+2 extra (maybe another random receiver, thundurus, catcher, or others)

Thanks I took in account some of your advice but I don't want to add Mewtwo EX I know it's a good counter but I feel like I can do better without it, i hate how everyone uses it. It's just overplayed, and maybe that's a stupid reason not to use it but that's just how I think. I put in the Shaymin Ex just to pick on Terrakion's weakness. I'm unsure if I'm comfortable playing only 10 electric energy, I will test it out and replace the other 2 with Eviolites when I get the chance though.

You dont have to run 2 Raikou and 2 Zekrom EX.
You also run too much lightning and nothing to search your basics for.

I have many ways to refresh my hand, I also have level ball, pokemon comunication, heavy ball for the EX Ultraball for anything I need. What do you suggest I do without adding HGSS cards.

Well for a new player to competitive playing again the deck is great. :D
heres what i would suggest
-1 Zekrom EX[not good for consistency]
-1 Thunderus[ In BW-on max potion is better for the discarding of energy since the meta-game decks have very high-hitting attackers{max is a counter to those high-hitters}]
-1 Shaymin EX[ Tornadus EX i would prefer for this deck more since it runs on colorless energy]
-1 Tornadus
-2 heavy ball[not needed]
-2 pokemon comm.[since draw support is needed more]
-2 grass and 3 lightining energy
-1 DCE[ 3 is enough]
+3 max potion
+1 mewtwo EX[ good attacker to handle terrakion if your 1 tornadus is prized or if they run Terrakion EX, and as you said earlier that it is overplayed, in this deck it is the best counter to itself]
+1 Tornadus EX [good counter to fighting]
+2 bianca/cheren [more draw support]
+1 catcher[ max out for this deck is great ]
+1 minun DE [No one thinks its a good idea but it can spread 10 damage all over your opponents field so i like it]
+2 eviolite[helps out damage]
+1 super rod [recycles pokemon]
those are the changes I would make to make this deck as consistent as possible since consistency is ey in the next format. But as I said earlier you have a good idea as to what a BW-on Zekeels skeleton list would look like so that i think is awesome :D

Back