"Zeeltektross"

numberonewill

Troll Level Infinity
I seen this thread on Pokegym, does anyone have any idea the theroy behind the deck, or even a decklist? it sounds interesting.

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=161720

I don't think it's an actual deck by itself, but rather an Eelektross tech in ZekEels. It's actually decent because a lot of the time the opponent will Catcher an Eel up to stall, and then you can just evolve and DCE to trap something.

A fun way to run this might be a combo of cobalion/zekrom/something that paralyzes/eelektrik/eelektross to keep the opponent from attacking. The most I think that eelektross could be run is about 1 or 2 but not more than that I think since it isn't really needed.

alexmf2 said:
Lol, that is obviously a complete troll thread...

This. So much. So much.

It's not even a decent idea (why are people actually thinking it is lol). Throwing in Vileplume is a viable idea at first to lock Switch, but why would you do that and make the deck so much slower? I'd rather just run more consistency cards and kill the opponent with the lightning basics already in the deck or even Mewtwo. If they Catcher Eelektrik to stall, they're not doing anything to you. Switch and take the Prize lead.

dmaster out.

Test it before you dismiss it as a troll thread. Just because it's somewhat unorthadox doesn't make it bad. Imagine what would have happened if everybody called the first Chandelure thread a troll thread. I'd say it's definitely NOT a troll thread by any means. It's a nice extra option I even tried back in HS-NV.

I think the tech is certainly viable and some people will opt to run it, but in the end it doesn't help enough for me to run it. It's too hard to get it out without a high communication count, and Switch is too popular. However, 140HP on a non-EX that doesn't damage itself much can really annoy the opponent. Most decks aren't built to consistently do that kind of damage anymore.

Once you evolve and spend resources on evolving, you just have a worthless stage 2 active or on your bench. It doesn't even stop attacks, it just stops retreating. Who would need to retreat when they have their attacker active? And if you Catcher something up, they can easily just Switch out of it.

And come on. Battle City? Vileplume?

Celebi23 said:
Test it before you dismiss it as a troll thread. Just because it's somewhat unorthadox doesn't make it bad. Imagine what would have happened if everybody called the first Chandelure thread a troll thread. I'd say it's definitely NOT a troll thread by any means. It's a nice extra option I even tried back in HS-NV.

He's admitted it's trolling. Point is moot.

dmaster out.

Welp. I still like it as an interesting tech option, whether he called it trolling or not (where he said that is beyond me.) Stopping Chandelure from retreating basically wrecks the deck. Iirc, this concept was even mentioned in an UG (or at least 6P) article last format. It means they can't hide damaged ones on the bench and it halves their damage output. If Chandelure (and Vileplume in general) wasn't so dead now, I might consider playing it. Furthermore, any Stage 2 gets an "annoying" factor now, since most non-EX stuff is doing 120 or less. Everybody is used to 2HKOing EX's and OHKOing everything else. When you throw out a Stage 2, you're 2HKOing for half the amount of prizes your deck usually takes. But w/e.

Back